Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Puzzle Swap Panel Ghoulishly Arrives In Europe

Posted by Orla Madden

Streetpass puzzle collectors, rejoice!

Ahead of the launch of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon in Europe, Nintendo has released a brand new Puzzle Swap panel for the brother in green's upcoming adventure.

The new puzzle piece can be found in the StreetPass Mii Plaza on the 3DS, you must be connected to the internet for the piece to come through.

The game is released tomorrow in North America, with Europe having to hold on until the 28th March - just around the corner, wait patiently - for their copies.

Have you got your puzzle piece yet? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox said:

3DS noob here. Are those purple pieces given out only once? If you miss them (like by not buying a 3DS until about 2 weeks ago), is Streetpassing someone who already has them the only way to get purple pieces you've missed? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Bragoon

Bragoon said:

@Zaphod_Beelbebrox The purple pieces can be obtained randomly when you first get a piece of that puzzle, or by getting Streetpass with someone who got one that way or got one from someone else who did. For example, the Luigi's Mansion puzzle comes out, and they give you one random piece to start you off. It could be a purple piece, or it might not be.

DaemonSword

DaemonSword said:

The whole Mii Plaza/Street Plaza puzzles and hat quests (just missing 5) have been hell....and I work at a theme park part time. I'm sure I'll get caught up on all by summertime, still, almost impossible if you're not around kids constantly (need purple pieces for Fire Emblem, Brain Age, Super Mario 2, and Kirby's Return)

Hyperion

Hyperion said:

Yes. It's a new puzzle for me to try, only had 1 or 2 left on NSMB2 and a Kirby one

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

Yeah, I got that today. I would use my 280+ Play Coins for some of the pieces but I keep getting pieces I already have...

OdnetninAges

OdnetninAges said:

@DaemonSword

Really? I haven't gotten mine yet.

EVERYTIME I finally get all the purple puzzle pieces, a new one shows up... EVERY TIME!

So, I guess their dping this for every Nintendo 1st party release. We should be getting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity next, followed by whatever 1st party game Nintendo releases next (likely on Wii U).

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Nice EU! I got my piece last night. It's hard for me to meet people on streetpass though. Small town, I'm 26 and only a few of my friends have a 3DS. There loss for not being gamers I say!

@Zaphod_Beeblebrox First of all I love your name. Douglas Adams is a huge inspiration to me as a person and "Hitchhiker's Guide" and the sequels are brilliant works of art. Second of all, to answer your question, you get them from somebody else who already has them through streetpass (walking around with your 3DS in your pocket it picks up other peoples 3DS' and shares some noninvasive info). Welcome to the 3DS community friend!

@Bragoon I've never gotten a purple one to start! You cheatin'? lol jk buddy.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

I've fully completed all puzzles and I can't wait to start filling up this one.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Oh a puzzle. That totally makes up for the fact that we get it later than NA once again.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Good, I thankfully got all of my past puzzles completed, so now I'll start going out-and-about with my 3DS again.

gundam00

gundam00 said:

I understand everyone's sentiments. I wish Nintendo would open up the Mii Plaza games to include the SpotPass players you get. The only thing you can do with the SpotPass players is transfer them to Mii Maker, so they show up as background characters in Mario Kart 7. Keep in mind, the transfer to Mii Maker is one-way only. Once you transfer them to Mii Maker, you can never send the Mii back to the Plaza. AND, the transfer out is deducted from your Plaza count.

Since I work from home and don't have much free time for socializing, I rarely get StreetPasses. The last StreetPass I got was about 3 months ago. Whenever I go out, I always take my 3DS with me, but I rarely get a StreetPass, and I live in a moderate-sized city. For me, the StreetPass feature is depressing.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I got it today, and I managed to get all the the purple pieces using my coins. I just need to wait for street passes for those accursed purple ones!

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Apparently its up in Japan (starting on the 23rd) but people are having trouble getting that first present piece.
Hopefully I start to get it over the next day or so.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Yay new puzzle! I just barely finished off all the old ones. I'm still hoping for an Animal Crossing one! And I'd love to see something Pokemon.

I have yet to ever get a purple piece as my random starting piece. I was wondering how they got started at all.

WildMan

WildMan said:

I don't even think I've even finished three puzzles yet. Sucks to be a 3ds owner in my area!

moo99

moo99 said:

I spent about 3 months obsessing over Puzzle Swap, walking my 3DS like a dog.

The thing cheats. Repeat pieces are far more common than new pieces.

New puzzles and purple panels mean I will never complete the original puzzles, because I will keep getting repeats as I lack the purple ones.

At least Find Mii is possible without constant streetpasses.

hamsterfactor

hamsterfactor said:

For some reason I got a Mario Tennis Open panel/piece... (??) I've only managed to finish up one panel so far (Metroid Prime), I hardly ever meet people on StreetPass and I get a zillion of repeat pieces with coins :(

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

So now, when will Brain Training or Fire Emblem hit Europe...let's not forget Animal Crossing sometime too...

@Five-seveN It would work better if the first piece you got when starting was purple/pink. The system is designed round Japan/Tokyo centric really. The rest of us have to organise meetups or go to conventions. I'm personally not keen on either.

@DestinyMan So let me get this straight. You stopped streetpassing all together once you finished puzzle swap? I guess this is another problem. Those who fully complete it are least inclined to streetpass because they gain nothing out of it but they are who is most required because Nintendo don't like to send Iwata/Reggie out very much.

AlexSora89

AlexSora89 said:

Great. My 3DS Streetpass Plaza already has enough impossible-to-complete puzzles as-is.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

I got the puzzle thing today via spot pass, but I got a "special surprise" Mii in my plaza. It was "Shigeru Miyamoto" rocking the Luigi cap!! Of course, his recent game was "Luigi Mansion." XD I feel so honored having him in my plaza. :D