Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Taking A Bite Out Of 3DS And Wii U On March 19th

Posted by Damien McFerran

Back for seconds three days later in Europe

Capcom and Nintendo have confirmed that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be released in North America on March 19th. The game will be available on both the Wii U and 3DS.

Europe will have to wait just three days longer to get its hands on the epic title. Downloadable versions are also expected to be made available around the same time.

Capcom has also revealed that Wii U players will be able to use the built-in GamePad microphone to converse with their online hunting party - something which will come in very handy indeed.

As one door opens, another one closes, however - Capcom has said that it will switch off its Monster Hunter Tri servers for Wii on 30th April.

Which version will you be picking up?

Related Games

Shworange

Shworange said:

Sweet. note to my wife
This page has been sent to you in place of a birthday gift list. :)

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

What about prices? Will this be considered a new game and sold at 50/60 €/$? If yes, I'll quit! Old games in HD are sold at 30 €/$ for the other consoles, and they are always compilations of 2 or 3 games!!!

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I won't be picking up either, since I don't own a Wii U, and the 3DS version doesn't have online play.

Lan

Lan said:

Turning off old servers? Bad news for people who've yet to pick up a Wii U. But I may preorder this, and I never preorder anything

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

not sure it's really my kind of game. i think i will stick to Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for now.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

This first then take a break and play Luigis Mansion. February and March are looking to be awesome for the 3ds!!

andreoni79

andreoni79 said:

I have a Wii U 'cause I love Nintendo games, but I fear I will spend more of my time (and money) for my 360 if 3rd parties act like these. Old games = full price. New games = delayed and more expensive :(

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

I guess I owe my gf a 3ds copy of the game since she bet it was coming out 3/19, I bet 3/12. In my defence I was being optimistic and thinking that 1+2=3 so it would be 3 2X (3-3)

I know I will get the Wii U version first. I may get a 3ds version later on for myself if there is a good sale on it.

Hokori

Hokori said:

March will be busy for my 3DS, MH and LM2 probably will be picked up on the same day for me

erv

erv said:

OOOOOO butt bustingly brilliant!

WiiU version, european, on 22nd of march. Bring. It. On!

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

@andreoni79 I wouldn't call this an old game.. It's an expansion of an old game. It more than doubles the content.

Still, I wouldn't like to see it at full regular retail price. Maybe $10 lower than usual would be good.

Falk_Sturmfels

Falk_Sturmfels said:

Are there still people around who don´t know anything about the size of MH3 Ultimate? Unbelievable. That games doesn´t double Tris content, its almost three times as big.

seronja

seronja said:

i will get both versions since i would like to play local multiplayer with my bro

Falk_Sturmfels

Falk_Sturmfels said:

@andreoni79: For example, the MonsterHunterWikipedia. There are complete lists of the monsters, the weapons, the landscapes and the quests from MH3G, which is the same game as MH3Ultimate. That Game is huge! MHTri had - as much as I remember - 15 big monsters to defeat, three of them you just could see online.
Ultimate has 50! Okay, some of them are just subspecies and variations, but they look different then and they have other attacks. Also Ultimate is back to the 12 weapon classes - Tri just had 8.
I played Tri way more than 300 hours. I guess, my 3DS will run this much bigger game at least 700-800 hours. My wife will hate me for that.
Additional there are two new hunting areas and a whole new city to explore.

Wanderhope

Wanderhope said:

I will either get the Wii U version, the 3DS version, both, or perhaps neither. It's a crowded few months for my gaming budget and time so we'll have to see how things shake out. I may end up getting on Wii U just because I won't have any console games to play come March and I have eShop credit burning a hole in my wallet. Heart of the Swarm, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and this in the span of a month - this is just cruel.

Knux

Knux said:

I'll likely get the Wii U version whenever I decide to buy the console.

russellohh

russellohh said:

Balls. I was happy I got Tri for $5 at Target, brand new a few weeks back. I was going to set up all my Wiis for multiplayer. Ahhh well

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

Can't wait for this. I loved Tri but never got involved in the online for various reasons which have since disappeared. Thus I'm getting the Wii U version for the online and I expect to dump a few hundred hours into it. Shame I have to wait until March for it though. Tri's biggest problem for me was a lack of variety and Ultimate seems to have no problem with this at all. Tons of things to hunt.

Oh, and for people not in the know on Monster Hunter, 3 Ultimate is the 3rd and most likely final iteration of Tri. I really doubt they'll make another version what with MH4 coming now. Anyways, Portable 3rd was a more content packed iteration of Tri for the PSP that never made it outside of Japan, but it removed certain things while adding others. Ultimate seems like it combines all the content of Tri and Portable 3rd while also adding even more crap to hunt and craft. Capcom LOVES sort of rehashing some of its franchises, but 3 Ultimate has enough new content if all you played was Tri that I can hardly call it an "old game." Though I do see the point people make, as there will be a lot familiar to players of Tri. I won't have a problem paying $60 for this, but I will echo the sentiment that $50 seems a better asking price.

I type too much. MH3U looks great and I can't wait for it.

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Since I am spending $80 buck just six days latter for PMD and LM2 this one may have to wait. When I do get it will probably be for the 3DS as no online isn't really a deal breaker for me.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Way too many other games I want more coming out too close. I might by this cheap later to give the series a try.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

If they release a Wii U bundle this might be the game that convinces me to finally bite the bullet and get one, if not its the 3DS version first then the Wii U version later.

I have to agree that a full $60 home console price is a bit much considering its still a 3DS game, even with the added online $50 should be plenty given how online passes are only $10.

EvisceratorX

EvisceratorX said:

Wait, didn't Nintendo once say that the gamepad mic wouldn't be used in online? I thought there was an article on that a few months back...