You Need This Legend Of Zelda Figure In Your Life

Posted by Damien McFerran

We go hands-on with Max Factory's amazing Figma Link action figure

As much as it pains us to admit it, you never really grow out of toys. And it's pretty much official that toys based on popular video games are the bomb. Don't believe us? Then check out the photos below of the amazing Figma Link action figure from Japanese manufacturer Max Factory.

Purchased by our very own Joe Walker and lovingly snapped in a variety of awesome poses by his good wife (including a rather heated debate with none other than Professor Layton himself), the Hero of Time is approximately 5.5-inches tall, incredibly poseable and comes with the iconic Master Sword and all-important Hylian Shield. He also has two facial expressions and several replaceable hands.

Usagi-san

Usagi-san said:

Looks like Link and Prof. Layton are discussing the Zelda timeline in Hyrule Historia. Layton must have brought up the "Hero is defeated" branch.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Ya, Professor Layton likes solving puzzles too, so no wonder why they seem to be best friends. 'Link drinks coffee, gains double damage'.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Link started to calm down once Prof. Layton had the Master Sword. Haha. Sorry, I just can't stop posting...

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

not even sure they ship to canada this is not cool OOT death music starts playing

Phle

Phle said:

Aww... (Ö_Ö) Of course I do! My life would be so much better!
I'm not sure I can get my hands on this though, online shops usually never ship to where I live.

By the way, since when are toys only for kids? It's not like: "Sorry you have to be under 16 to purchase this or have solid proof that you are buying it for someone under 16".
It's not that accepted for adults to play with toys, but if you really want too, don't listen to those idiots who say you can't!

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

@Phle Well, this is more "posable display piece" than action figure, and the price definitely denotes that! :)

Link looks amazing on display though. My wife @LadyStarstorm is a HUGE fan of Japanese collectibles and figures so she knows all the ins & outs of the different manufacturers and figure lines. Last night I barely got to hold the new Link Figma because she was so intent on posing him dynamically for these photos!

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

@3Dash - Layton may be a professor and gentleman, but he cannot make a decent cup of coffee.
The headline is right. I do need this. :D

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

There's a samus too, and D-arts has Mega-Man (among others)
Now if someone would only take up the task of a nice poseable Mario & company.

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

@Rect_Pola My wife has all three of the Mega Man X D-arts (X and both versions of Zero), with Zero on display in a permanent flamenco dancing pose because it's hilarious.

I also have the Sonic Nendoroid that I considered bringing in for some of these photos but I thought Link and Layton was interesting enough. :)

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

I preorder this months ago from BigBadToyStore.com but I literally just got an email saying that they don't have any. I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep...

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

@3Dash Japanese hobby sites like Amiami or HLJ have them.

They're not being brought over to the US or anything like that. It's the same deal with the Mewtwo S.H.Figuarts, licencing problems. Nintendo seems to be very uncooperative.

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

Even though I'm 17 and don't play with toys anymore, I probably would buy a Pit[from Kid Icarus: Uprising] action figure if they made one

LadyStarstorm

LadyStarstorm said:

Guys, I am so glad you are enjoying the Layton / Link pics, you have no idea!! I can't take credit for the initial idea, but I can for the poses. XD I should take more pictures of my video-game-based collectible figures some time...

I have to stifle a laugh at everyone referring to these as "toys" though! XD These are not some $7 figures you buy at Target to let your child chew on... Link retails about 3600 yen (roughly $45 USD), and is intended for adult collectors only - A ton of small parts that could be harmful to a child! He might be articulated rather than in a static pose, but I assure you these are intended for display/photography only, and not play.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Cool! And I laughed when I saw professor Layton! That one looks also very nice!