Play: Mario Kart 7 with Nintendo Life - Today! Again!

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Race or battle, you choose

This week's been dominated by Wii U, with plenty of news, footage and excitement for Nintendo gamers. After all of the hype we need to relax, kick back, and go shell-crazy in Mario Kart 7, of course. We want to do this with you, so today is the second Nintendo Life Mario Kart 7 Community Event; this time, it's serious.

Last week we asked you to decide which community rooms you wanted to play in for both Grand Prix and Battle matches. Despite offering different item combinations you have spoken, and both rooms will be all-items affairs, as you all clearly love that spiny blue shell. All the more weapons to infuriate each other with.

Like last time the action will start at the following times, but we expect there to be players around for at least a couple of hours: 9pm UK time, 10pm Central European, 4pm Eastern US, 3pm Central US and 1pm Pacific US. As for the community room details, we're using the same Grand Prix room as last time and an all-new Battle room, but check out the details below.

Grand Prix: NLife All Items — 00-2104-5343-9763

Balloon Battle: NLife Battles — 63-1489-1510-4932

Like last time there'll be some dedicated members of staff there to join in, and we'd like to provide our updated guide, below, telling you how to connect and general tips to avoid annoying fellow members of the community.

In order to get started with some Mario Kart 7 awesomeness with fellow Nintendo Lifers, simply open the game, select Online Multiplayer and then Communities. If you've played Grand Prix races with us before you may have 'NLife All Items' in your list of favourites. If not, select Enter Code and input 00-2104-5343-9763. If you'd prefer to get into some heated Balloon Battles instead, select Enter Code and input 63-1489-1510-4932 to enter the 'NLife Battles' room.

Now, it's common to experience connection problems with Mario Kart 7 communities, and if you don't then we can only imagine that you're hard-wired directly into Nintendo's servers. If you do have problems connecting or receive an error message, make sure your wireless is on and position yourself as closely as possible to your internet router. Please be patient and keep trying, because more often than not you will eventually get in.

There may be more than one room open at once, so remember the basic rules. Play nice, and if someone annoys you settle it like grown-ups... out on the track.

Finally, and we cannot emphasise this enough, DO NOT start the race until the room has filled up or there's agreement with the other players. If there are less than four people in the room, wait for a couple of minutes and the game will automatically start with bots taking the session to four players. If you start races early and against the will of other players, you'll not only become extremely unpopular, but also accumulate bad karma and go in community administrator Desiree Turner's black book. Nobody wants that.

There will be multiple rooms running at once, so some new rooms will need time to fill up with new players, please be patient.

We're really looking forward to more Mario Kart mayhem with you all tonight; we'll be checking the comments below, tweeting extensively on our Twitter page and generally being mischievous in the game itself. See you on the track.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Enjoy for those who play, I may be online for some MK in like 10 hours time if anyways on then, I've done too much today & am really tired & need sleep.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

Starts in a little under four hours, officially. Anything before then is merely a warm-up before it gets real...

sandwhich

sandwhich said:

Do other people see your 'online points' (forgot the name)? Because I remember I stopped playing MK7 when I reached 12345, and now I want to show off such numerical purity.

idork99

idork99 said:

Hopefully we can get more people than last time around. More competition = More fun!

idork99

idork99 said:

@sandwhich When you play "Worldwide," your opponents get to see your VR points. But when you play in "Communities," the only pts they show are the ones you have accumulated in a specific community. So, your VR of 12345 will not show; only the pts you score from the races in the community. And since you were kind enough to post your VR, and for those interested in knowing your competition, I'll go ahead and put my info as well:
VR: 33104
Wins: 19579
Losses: 14921
Coins: 53421
StreetPass Tags: 36
***Safe Driver

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Ill be playing mostly grand prix, even thought I want to play balloon battle too
Maybe ill alternate.

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

I have terrible luck online sometimes but I might join anyway. Good Luck to all!
(I'm new to Nintendo Life so go a little easy on me, will ya? :) )

Nardar

Nardar said:

If you can't get a room in the Gran Prix, come over to the Battles Community because not many people are in there.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

First five races I've:
Last, second to last, last, last, second to last...
I'm seriously not THAT bad...

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

Be careful racers, I am storing my driving skill for the next racing. I will reclaim my title as Number #1 racer!

Im coming ;)

Nardar

Nardar said:

Everyone there is less than 10 players in the Battle. We need more to come!

sandwhich

sandwhich said:

Wow, entered a full grand prix lobby here, great. Anyone in the room with the question mark guy?

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

The first 4 races didn't go so well for me but those second set of races...
"The LuigiMan Strikes!" - 4 1sts in a row! Me & Daisy cleaned up! (Not to brag or anything... heh)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm going to try to join, guys, so keep an eye out for someone named Devin with a mustache.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Only 2 of us in the Battle room, come join so the Miis can say something other than "Let's wait for more players!"

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Where's Nathan? Wherever you are, thank you for the charity. Fun times even though I [CAKES] was outmatched and outgunned.

Syntax said:

"After defeating endless waves of homework with his golden sword of graphite, he shall celebrate with others who also successfully defeated the onslaught from the evil nation of skool!" I'm back and ready for racing!

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

I think I'll quit while I'm still ahead. Had loads of fun but I'm done for the night. Good luck to all who are still racing. :)

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I hope some of you are on around 8pm pst so I can go a few rounds on my new 3dsxl.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Just raced there, train crossed at the wrong time so everyone was queueing up, was pretty funny :P

BadKitty

BadKitty said:

The feeling of being slaughtered is a sight of pure purrfection for your anger heads to me for your main target it a kitty tail behind~

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

Who ever pushes me off the side of any track will get a painful punishing last place!

Syntax said:

For those who dont know me, im the V mii and i have a group waiting. Join if you can!

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

I am going onto my own community soon, so if you see me on the opponents section with a community icon, you know where I am

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

Hey Syntax, I'm pretty sure I'm in your group, did you start playing yet, or are you also stuck at the Please Wait screen?

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

CEO- All i can see is you complaining, that is a fail. keep racing and stop being so
uptight ;)

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I wish I had the chance to play today but I can't find my Mario Kart 7 anywhere. Makes me feel like a loser for not being able to show up today. Now, for when I do find it and my 3DS also, where ever I misplaced it, ppl won't want to battle me anymore.

BadKitty

BadKitty said:

Um no my job is kicking LJM's *ss :gentlemanangelcat:
and I pity those that race me u_u

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

@CosmicMii

Sorry for insulting you by saying I would show up this Friday and then not being able to. It's just that I misplaced both my 3DS and Mario Kart 7. I can't find them anywhere.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

@CosmicMii

Not when it's coming from someone like me when I what I said earlier in the week now seems like like a bunch of lies.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

Any other tips on staying connected? I'm sitting really close to my router and still get booted out at the end of races.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

I must have made everyone mad, even the game is mad, and kick me out.
Looks like my work here is done, and yes, I am the best. U Mad?

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

@CosmicMii

But you don't get it. I wasn't intending on misplacing it. It happened when my uncle was visiting the other day. I'm not the kind of person who would deliberately want to miss out on a race based on something I said earlier, then having the total opposite happening later in the week.

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

I am the MK7 "MASTER"

SpriteKing it is alright to admit defeat ;)
maybe next time you might beat me? :)

Syntax said:

Thanks to all who raced me today and by my sudden change of picture, its time to wonder whats for Dinner...

SpriteKing

SpriteKing said:

Well, hows about taking me on 1 on 1 in battle mode, CosmicMii?
I assure you, you won't be so lucky.

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

Gridge- you may be the best in the races, but if you enter the battles, YOU WILL GET A PUNISHING! :)

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Well it has been a fun day, but now, there is hardly someone. (atleast for now)
Maybe Ill continue playing later. I need to to a sprite rework of some images of NSMB :P

SpriteKing

SpriteKing said:

Wow that was close. But I come out on TOP!
Well, I'm racing now for a bit, and then I'm done..

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

Well I'm going to my community, i may see you there SpriteKing or maybe not, see you on the all items community soon ;)

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

I am fine with coming 2nd. :D

make sure to next time hit me with a fire flower when you got one. you missed alot :)

Syntax said:

The real winners are not who got first place but the ones who truly enjoyed playing with others and had a good time, and that my friends will always be gold no matter what place you got! Nintendo for life.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@CosmicMii: Do us a favor and quit posting comments like 'i'll be in my own community' — if we want to join you, those of us racing know how to find you. thanks in advance :3

Syntax said:

Well im having one more race before im done for the today, what a great community!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

is this Aussie 'ryan' guy joining groups, then starting, then dropping out? because he did that to our group >:/

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

I think the most challenging Mario Kart 7 racers are the Japanese.
They are pretty good. Most of the Japanese racers I see have 50,00VR +:p

Syntax said:

Thanks to all who raced raced today! Pro or noob, those who had fun racing today are the winners! :D Peace off!

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

ill juice you guys on the track like i juiced spriteking in battle mode XD nag he put up a good fight :)

superzman300

superzman300 said:

I seem to be a great target today. It's fun, but I thought I'd make more of a comeback with that last Gold Shroom.

superzman300

superzman300 said:

Haha, yeah, this airplane flew, but in the wrong direction. Usually it's my signature to win at the last second, too, but it's harder to pull off in MK7 than Double Dash.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

@CosmicMii

I don't mean anything offensive to you, whether I can't race tonight or not. But the more and more comments I read, the more I think that you're just here on this comment board looking for attention.

superzman300

superzman300 said:

Red shell, you traitor! Is it even possible for your own shell to home on to you instead of the person in front of you?

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh man I can't get in :(

@superzman300 yeah I think so if you're too close to the other person you might get in the way of the red shells path & get hit by it. I've had it happen to me a few times haha

Syntax said:

I'm back, I got the need for speed and this is one place to get it!
@jibberldd5 don't try too hard, that will cause panic and will lose control, you are a lot like me when i started playing Mario kart DS, just loosen up and focus on the track and items, not the players, that way you will get into the zone and effortlessly glide through the race and into 1st!

Syntax said:

I had to stop a race just to say that cosmicmii is only doing competitive trashtalk and he means no harm to anybody.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Syntax, CosmicMii, 3DSLUIGI: 'trashtalk' can go too far, and outright rudeness is not kosher at all, especially when we've been having such a nice time so far. Please, let's all be excellent to one another.

Syntax said:

Its seems tretton is messing with the cloning machine, there's five of him! O.o

Syntax said:

You can find me with the V mii or for cosmicmii and others freakachu mii I have one waiting

Syntax said:

Congratulations to superzman300 on that lasts race. thank for playing and good night:)

idork99

idork99 said:

I hope people are still up for racing for another couple of hours! I just started and want to race for another couple of hours or so :)

superzman300

superzman300 said:

Man, imagine if games like Star Fox 64 3D or New Super Mario Bros. 2 had communities! Oh, and I have no idea why there are that many Trettons, unless it's like the guest Mii x4 in Mario Kart Wii.

superzman300

superzman300 said:

I love it when I knock someone off the edge, though I got it back in the end >.< Fun while it lasted, though, haha.

superzman300

superzman300 said:

Tretton (n): A representation of an individual attempt to clone a Mii, and to assure a greater chance of victory. Often hunts prey in groups of 7.

JeanLuc_Vaycard

JeanLuc_Vaycard said:

If you guys really want a challenge you should be racing Emeralds. Not that nub JumpMad. She wipes the floor with him and you dont have a prayer against her if you can't even beat Jump. Sounds like a lot of people are afraid.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Dear CosmicMii,

You're full of it. The only reason you're talking trash now is because you were the only non-Tretton in the room, so there was no one else but us in there with you. You came in first one race out of the four we played (and that's because I accidentally shot off my blue shell, knocking Kylo out of first), and we owned the hell out of you for the other three.

Also, the reason we bailed on you before the next set could start was because we were trying to get another friend to join us (which was why we kept saying 'Let's wait for more players!', BIG HINT THERE) and you up and started the race. If you had waited as we were asking, we would've been glad to wipe the floor with you again (though I'm sure you'd never admit it).

In short, please grow up, because you're starting to tick me off.

BadKitty

BadKitty said:

I'll accept any and all challenges ... but not now MK Princess has played like 8 hours of MK today Kitty tired :3
name the challenge and I may accept tomorrow. u_u

/me hugs dragon forever :* :* :*

Syntax said:

I can't sleep now and by looking at the comments, you guys have met the tretton pack, we must preserve this new species!
@Emeralds I hear your good in this community, wana race?

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Is it over for now? Cause I was thinking of jumpin on here in a few minutes.

Karakato

Karakato said:

We should have Tretton invasions more often, Hopefully next week the invasion engages in full force. That was a good race everyone. I remembered why I didn't sell my copy months ago.

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Ive been playing MK7 like for 8+ hours now. Im too tired :(
See you all! Great racing everyone!
(I was the ? face mii ;) )

Jahir

Jahir said:

:D Gracias! Es muy agradable encontrar a alguien que también entienda y/o hable español. Pero creo que TBD no estará muy feliz con esto así que... volvamos al inglés :D

And... yeap, everyone is gone. I'm sorry I left the party before it started but it's not that funny when you play it just with another person :(

HaastMK7

HaastMK7 said:

The community is only going under way when there are players online. The next time there will be more players (heaps) is when there is another Nintendo life event :p

Syntax said:

I was trying to get cosmicmii to join, so do you want to started one more time?

KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda said:

Really weird lag for sure. My screen even said I was first, though you were ahead of me.

Syntax said:

U hit my shell while you were way behind me and probably you were much closer than the game was saying

Syntax said:

Say before i leave, how do you post pictures in the comments so i can share something for the next gathering?

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I hope a new thread for the next Mario Kart 7 meetings gets put up soon. This page is starting to lag like crazy. That and I may be able to join tomorrow.