Some Wii U Accessories For Your Christmas Stocking

Posted by Darren Calvert

Thanks, Atomic!

If you enjoy playing with plastic swords and shields on the Wii, then you're going to love the Wii U goodies which Atomic Accessories has in store for unsuspecting consumers this coming Christmas.

If you're worried about scratching your lovely Wii U GamePad, why not invest in a silicone case? You'll be the envy of all your friends with the Twin Skin.

The Soft Case for the Wii U GamePad actually looks pretty useful. In a range of delightful colours this will set you apart as a discerning Wii U owner. We like the 'cool edition', for obvious reasons. We only wish to be seen with the hippest accessories here at Nintendo Life.

If you are concerned that your Wii U GamePad is not at the right angle when you are not holding it during play, then the innovative Stand-Up Station will be the answer to your prayers. We're not sure yet if you'll be able to watch videos on the 6.2 inch touchscreen yet, but if you can then this might be a worthwhile investment.

Are you the sort of person who has a 'bit of a personality'? You may find this quirky Penny stylus in your Xmas stocking!

Are you concerned that your charging station has eaten too much Christmas pudding? Then you'll need Charging Station Slim, this will keep all your accessories at hand with the minimum of fuss.

The more discerning gamer will love the Charging Station Pro, this will certainly add a touch of class to any home entertainment area.

Before Mario Kart 8 is even announced, you can get your grubby mitts on the mighty Wheel Pad and enjoy some accelerometer action.

Which of these festive accessories take your fancy? And which do you think will be in the trash by New Year?

Cipher

Cipher said:

I quite like the Charging Station Pro, it could be handy. Judging by the URLs of these images, you clearly disagree. :P

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Hmm, not sure which one you'd need until you actually play the thing. Having played the iPad, I'm not sure any would be required!

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Let me clarify-The GamePad has the dimensions so that you wouldn't need a wheel, you could act as if the GamePad is a wheel, whereas not using a WiiWheel with a WiiMote when using Wheel mode makes it feel as if you aren't using a wheel. The GamePad is big so I imagine you wouldn't need a wheel to use it, or to use it easier, if you know what I mean.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Some of those could be OK, I guess.

I'm just always astounded by the number of accessories that get made for pretty much any system. You go to a store that sells consoles and there'll be racks upon racks of screen protectors, cases, game storage solutions, lanyards, stickers, the works.

Who buys all this stuff?

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

You know, that charging station looks pretty smart and compact

As for the wheel, that looks stupid

zeldaminishcrap

zeldaminishcrap said:

like the look of the chargingstation pro but not sure about a carry case for the gamepad as to play the wii u away from home you'd have to take the console with you

Grodus

Grodus said:

@Lan where?

Ok, I personally dont see how the pro station is better than the slim. The slim has a better size, so it fits better. This might just be because I dont care if it's horizontally or verticaly placed, but eh.

Bane

Bane said:

Mario Kart 8 better have Fawful, Dry Bowser, and Bowser, and all the koopalings. One can only dream though :(

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

I have the same problem with these accessorries as I do with last gen's. They don't carry everything. At least get me something with a gamepad and 4 remotes, then I'd be happy.

Lan

Lan said:

Hover over the pictures to see the URL, or just right click and open the link and look at the URL

Firejonie

Firejonie said:

I really love the charging station pro, even if it wasn't a charger I'd still consider it. It just fits everything in a tiny easy to store space.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

They need to develop a wheel with a gyroscope in it that allows the gamepad to remain horizontal while you steer.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Cause having a condom on a Wii remote,wasn't enough,we can also put one of our Wii U pad's.
I mean we don't our pads getting dirty now,do we?

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

"We're not sure yet if you'll be able to watch videos on the 6.2 inch touchscreen yet"

It was already confirmed that Netflix can be watched on the touch screen, as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsAVYd3lP4

I'm pretty sure it was also confirmed for Youtube, but I don't know about Hulu and Amazon.

SonyFACE

SonyFACE said:

I think the twin skin thing looks alright, and the charging station slim would be really useful, how ever I plan on not making my Wii U take up that much space.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Now that I think about it, the storage station is pretty awesome better than the cluttered mess of controllers and controller accessories I have next to my Wii. And the stand would be great for watching videos and video chat! And Im just a sucker for a quirky stylus!

rjejr

rjejr said:

The only thing that caught my attention was the stand-up station, but isn't the WiiU going to come with a stand for the controller so you can look at it while it's charging? And this stand-up station doesn't plug ready so now I don't see the point. A skin is probably a necessity though. Never heard of Atomic.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

Keep that horrible steering wheel away from me! I hate motion-steering games!!

hydeks

hydeks said:

All these are awesome, even the steering wheel, I forgot it had tilt features also, the screen make the experience pretty sweet.

WreckItRyan

WreckItRyan said:

Hey, these aren't that bad at all!! I have to knock the preconceived notion that accessories are clunky and crappy cough CirclePad Pro :P

Silverbullet89

Silverbullet89 said:

Hm, I do like the Charging Station Pro. Does anyone know if it includes an external fan or something to cool the WiiU system? I ask because unfortunately I have a problem at my house with my Wii and an Xbox360 my roommate owns overheating. Though I'm not sure if it's because the room they're in usually stays a little warmer, or if it's just the system themselves. Either Way the Charging Station Pro looks like a cool way to keep things organized, and I do like to keep my stuff organized, lol.

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

What good does the wheel do you now? Most of these seem pretty cheap, or redundant, so when I get a Wii U (2013, after PS4/Xbox 720, or when the black ones comes out?) I'll pass most of these up.

NMRodo

NMRodo said:

Eh, I don't really care for any of these except the charging station. That thing looks pretty awesome. Definitely putting it on my Christmas list.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@Brick I doubt it'll have Dry Bowser, that's kind of a bonus character that probably won't return, but the Koopalings would be awesome in Mario Kart 8!

I think the wheel is stupid but Nintendo probably won't release an official one so don't worry about it. That's why Nintendo never released official peripherals like the plastic tennis racket, golf club, etc for the wiimote. Quite frankly, they're not necessary.

The charging station pro takes my fancy only because it then keeps everything together and makes for a tidy display!

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

@Silverbullet89
I doubt it has an internal fan but the rear is exposed (teehee) so that the WiiU's fan can still work and the air can get in from the back (...)

I forgot to add, the stand-up station looks good too, especially for a game like Pikmin 3 where you would probably use the wiimote and nunchuck and can use the gamepad for the map. That said, Nintendo might include one anyone (along with a wiiu stand for example) so don't go putting money down yet.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

Have to admit that I love a lot of that stuff already, especially the Charging Station Pro and the Standup Station.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

You guys are killing me with all the black Wii U images. I thought the black model wasn't going to be available at launch... and I won't buy one until it comes out in black.

mamp

mamp said:

Twin skin - pretty cool
Soft Case - All right I guess
Stand up station - .............
Penny - My guess is it won't fit into the Wii U stylus slot
Charging station - That's just stupid
Charging station pro- That's REALLY ****ING stupid
Wheel pad - (Walks out of the room)

themariobloggie

themariobloggie said:

Augh another controller wheel pad. Tilting the entire controller seems like too much work. I wasn't a big fan of the Wii Wheel either. -_-

Abcdude

Abcdude said:

Wow, these are pretty cool. The charging station PLUS is a instant buy for me.

Jstar269

Jstar269 said:

Wait, why does that mario kart n the wii u wheel add on screen look different to Mario Kart Wii?

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

the twin skin and the stand up station thing are what seem more interesting to me the wheel is meh but at least we know we might get another mario kart game like the one before :P

either way not something i will add to the list just yet that probably will be after i got the console and some games

Katzii

Katzii said:

I may have to invest in a Twin Skin (although not before I try and purchase a screen protector!), and I would consider the slim charging stand if it actually DOES charge the Wii U Gamepad if only for storage purposes.