It's a Heroes of Ruin Multiplayer Video

Posted by James Newton

Say no more

Excited about Heroes of Ruin and its online multiplayer? This video is right up your alley, then.

Square Enix has released a video showing the co-operative play in action, with a Gunslinger and Savage wading through the Frost Reaches to take down Ironfist, a giant Ghoul. It emphasises the drop-in nature of multiplayer, with support for up to four players and voice chat with friends or strangers.

Heroes of Ruin is out in June.

[via member.eu.square-enix.com]

BlackShyGuy

BlackShyGuy said:

Am I the only one who thinks this game share many similarities with the Gauntlet games?

Chris720

Chris720 said:

The wait is too long... give me this game now... I beg of you n-Space and Squenix... give me this game early and I will love you forever. <3

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

Framerate looks a little choppy. Since so much of this game's appeal banks on online co-op, it better be lag-free.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I'm a little scared of how long this game will take from my life...

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

ya know I've never looked into this game, but that looks pretty cool...may be the best title I've ever seen on here. So straight forward. :p

Kifa

Kifa said:

That would look cool if not for the horribly choppy framerate! I really hope that the final game works better, because if it will run like that - sorry, I'm skipping it, I don't like getting headaches... :/ Also the graphics are a little on the bland side, so I really have no idea what is causing such poor performance.

DLightan23

DLightan23 said:

Haha 4 player on a handheld, amazing! I for one am pumped for this game. I guess if you started gaming on a spectrum you could see why :) no need to hate though just think what this game could be the catalyst for?? Games looking fantastic

rjejr

rjejr said:

Don't know how much I'ld personally use it, but Voice Chat makes me smile. Now I need to go check if the WiiUpad has a mic. (Yes, I know this is a 3DS game, but my head is focused on my WiiU expectations, hopefully a few of which will be met.)

RR529

RR529 said:

Looks like a pretty standard dungeon crawler. The four player co-op with voice is a really cool idea though. Hope they don't botch it up, otherwise I don't think there'll be anything here for me.

FluxOwl

FluxOwl said:

Am I the only one who thinks the graphics look kinda...barfy? Although maybe I've just been spoiled by Kid Icarus.

Think I'll wait for the reviews on this one.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

@FluxOwl i think its alright,you got a different engine and different maker when it comes to those games and also maybe its like that caz of the amount of content

McGruber

McGruber said:

WOW. The apparent ability to talk to non friends is definitely a first for Nintendo. This is a big important step. IDK if the game is going to sell well though...I'll be picking it up anyway

Jono97

Jono97 said:

I think all games should have tons of online features, like this one.

erv

erv said:

Sounds like online done right, finally. Here's hoping it'll be as smooth as they claim it to be.

abINC4L

abINC4L said:

I'm not really big on online experiences in games, but I know I'll definitely have to make use of the one in here, can't wait :D

ejamer

ejamer said:

Agree that it looks choppy in this video, but am waiting for reviews to hear first-hand experiences. If this game gets even decent scores I'll probably buy. It reminds me of Gauntlet in a good way and the online play looks great.

Kyoto

Kyoto said:

I think the framerate will be better when viewed on 3DS itself. All video's in eShop and on youtube look way uglier and more choppy then the game on 3DS is when viewed on the system.

Going to buy this immediately at release! :)