Nintendo Download: 22nd March 2012 (Europe)

Posted by James Newton

The doctor is in

No Game Gear games for Europe this week sadly as we have a truly paltry selection available to download. Here's what's on offer.

3DS Virtual Console

Dr. Mario (Game Boy, Nintendo, £2.70/€3) — The monochromatic medicinal puzzler slots in to the 3DS Virtual Console line-up this week. Is it good for what ails you? Our review soon will give you a full diagnosis.

DSiWare

Aahh! Spot the Difference (Gamelion Studios, 200pts) — If you're not sure what you get in this game, our Aahh! Spot the Difference review should make things pretty clear.

3DS eShop Demo

Pyramids (Enjoy Gaming, free) — This is quite cool: the first demo of a downloadable game, and rather fittingly it's one of the first third party eShop games. Read through our Pyramids review for more.

That's all, folks. Anything for you this week?

Related Games

Cipher

Cipher said:

So next week it's the Game Gear games and Mega Man 5. We've had a few really good weeks so I think we can afford this week a break. :P Definitely downloading the Pyramids demo, I was hoping we'd get demos of download software eventually. Might even get Dr. Mario too.

Aviator

Aviator said:

:o Dr. Mario!!

My first gameboy game. I love it so much and will most likely buy it again.

nick_gc

nick_gc said:

Dr Mario was never my cup of tea. So nothing on the eShop this week is good seeing as Kid Icarus will be here soon!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Pointless getting Dr Mario when owning the DSiWare and WiiWare versions. If they can release this, why did they never release Dr Mario 64 on Wii VC?

Already got Pyramids. Ny least favourite 3DS download title other than Let's Golf. Still, nice of them to start doing demos.

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

Why doesn't NoA tell us what's coming BEFORE it gets here? I find it kind of anticlimactic when I see the North American press release, seeing how I'll find out in a couple hours anyways. With the European one, however, I can almost feel the sudden surge in anticipation once a good game is revealed to be coming in that week's eShop update! Either way though, the games keep on coming, and that's ultimately what matters most.

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

Did North America already got the Rayman demo? Looking forward to try Pyramids. :)

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Nice to get a Pyramids demo. If it feels good enough it might convince me to get it. Was unsure so far since it sounded too hard to see all the game has to offer.

I'd gladly take demos of other eShop games as well. (Fun! Fun! Minigolf, Rolling Western, Freakyforms, TwinBee, Urban Champion, VC games, Let's Golf, ...) :)

Squashie

Squashie said:

I love the gameboy version of Dr. Mario. But to be honest I'd rather stick to A Litttle Bit of Dr. Mario for DSiWare!

BenAV

BenAV said:

Nothing for me once again.
Was hoping for a decent eShop game to keep me occupied while waiting for Kid Icarus, but it looks like I'm in for a painful week and a half before it comes out on the 29th here.
Oh well, I guess that gives me a chance to do my University assignments.

Late

Late said:

@runeacer74: Strange now. Maybe not so strange in the future. And if you look at Wii, all the demos in Wii Shop Channel are for WiiWare games.

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

I am surprised Pyramids seems to get so much hate from the masses. It's a good and challenging little game, and certainly worth the 2 or 3 quid it costs on eshop. Just a little too short and minus a level editor (which would've been amazing and memorable for the game) but you get what you pay for I suppose.

Either way, it's no, no, and no for me this week...

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Buying Dr Mario would make no sense for any ambassador, but at least people can now get a demo of Pyramids before buying it and realising how terrible it is.

Vallu

Vallu said:

Well, not going to buy the Dr. Mario becauce I already have the Wii Version. Nothing very interesting.. If Pyramids demo is good then the game itself would be interesting.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I've already got the dsiware version of Dr. Mario so I don't need the GB version which means there's nothing for me this week.

Luigifan141

Luigifan141 said:

I bet 100 bucks that we here in the states will get Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for our Nintendo Download. It would be great advertising for Uprising!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, nice! A demo of a e-shop game! I will download it when it is available!

Krian

Krian said:

This is ridiculous. STILL no VVVVVV? The one game I've been waiting for for like three months now?

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind downloading Dr. Mario for GAME BOY on the eShop. It's a better option imo seeing as how NOA never got around to releasing the NES version on the Wii Shop Channel. Besides that, Dr. Mario on GAME BOY was one of my very first titles with Super Mario Land that I bought with mom at an old toy store called Kiddie City back in the day when I was a little kid. Ahh, nostalgic great memories. :)

Myx

Myx said:

thanks again for really nothing, nintendo. my money going to the vita this week, like every week.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Spring breaks and still no Snowpack Park. :(

And no Monster World IV either
No Super Street Fighter II Online.
No MDK2 or Stonekeep or Frobot or Liight or ShadowPlay or The Magic Obelisk.
Not even a demo.
Nothing at all for Wii.

Wasn't the first time but each time I check for Wii Shop updates and there's none I remember the earlier, better times.
No updates, even though many good games are announced (or just need an EU release) is kinda lazy, but I know that Nintendo has to concentrate on Wii U and 3DS.
I'm excited what's left for VC and WW, but I'm afraid there's not much.

Chobi

Chobi said:

@Katzii
Haha, oh, come on now katzii. it isn't that bad. You guys got 3D classics: Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus monsters and myths before us.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

@Katzii

You know bro, Steampunk here brings up a good point. Besides getting Kid Icarus: Of Myths And Monsters , you guys also got Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 over there in Europe. Or how I like to call it, UK. As for us, getting GAME GEAR games is pretty cool in it's own right, but you guys could POSSIBLY be getting the same GAME GEAR titles on 3/29/2012 without having to worry about anything.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Hm. Doctor Mario could be nice....too bad Nintendo Of America hates to give us anything worth buying in the eShop most of the time.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

@Lordlz yeah too bad. :p
I actually used to have that one on my DSi but I traded it in the day I got my 3DS and just never really felt the need to redownload it. Probably wouldn't have got the 3DS one now that I think about it, but compared to what else was available for this week, that would have been the only one that would have even crossed my mind really.

Late

Late said:

Almost forgot the demo. I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising today so I haven't concentrated on anything else.

Mok

Mok said:

Nothing for me this week. Except I'm having lots of fun with the Game & Watch games I bought the other day.

Katzii

Katzii said:

@3DSLUIGI
Europe counts for ALL of the countries in Europe, not just the UK.

@Steampunk
How about the myriad of other games you guys in North America get before us people in Europe? I hardly consider the paltry sum of games that we get first something worth complaining about.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Might get Dr Mario just because it's got VC features (restore points, suspend save) and also the music sounds much better than the DSiWare version (sorry, but it does, a chunk of the 'Chill' music is missing on the DSiWare version :( ) More interested in giving the Pyramids demo a go though.

XXITheWorld

XXITheWorld said:

Europe 3DS VC gets a new title each week. Meanwhile, in the USA, one new title every month (maybe)

Ducutzu

Ducutzu said:

I purchased Pyramids based on the demo. Maybe this information helps somebody at Nintendo of Europe...