Dillon's Rolling Western Spins to Europe Next Week

Posted by James Newton

Armadillo adventure inbound

Update: It now seems Dillon's Rolling Western will not release in Europe on 23rd February.*

3DS eShop title Dillon's Rolling Western is coming to Europe next week, according to MCV (via Pocket Gamer.)

The tower defence game was revealed at E3 last year under the title The Rolling Western, and later announced for a release in early 2012. 23rd February certainly constitutes early in our books.

No word on pricing yet, nor a release outside of Europe, but we'll bring you those details as soon as they arrive.

[via pocketgamer.co.uk]

TwilightPoint

TwilightPoint said:

:D Amazing! I've been looking forward to this for a while. :)
Now I just need some funds... I have a feeling it's going to be around £9.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Sounds good, could be a great little eShop title.
Please let Sakura Samurai come out on March 1st then. I need that game asap. :$

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Awesome, this has always been my most anticipated eShop game. Can't wait for NA release.

sgotsch

sgotsch said:

Looking forward to the review. Really cant predict if I could like it.

NFreak007

NFreak007 said:

Between Wario Land this week and Rolling Western next we've got some great eShop titles coming now! I've been quite interested in this since E3 - hopefully I'll be able to get it soon.

GTWarrior77

GTWarrior77 said:

Looking forward to this and Wario Land. Now, when does Mutant Mudds get a European release date?

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

BRILLIANT! I'm still holding faith this will beat Mutant Mudds :D
It looks amazing - So I'll be buying it right away.

Kirk

Kirk said:

The graphics are maybe just a little bit too simple for a 3DS game. It looks more like it was originally a DS game that was just quickly ported across imo. That kind of thing I don't like. Looks like it might be an ok game though. Nothing special but ok.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@11 They're better graphics than Pyamids, Mutant Mudds and Sakuro Samurai, and alike those of Pullbox so I cant see how they're bad.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Kirk Really? The graphics in this may be far from the best on the 3DS but it certainly looks better than what the DS can handle. This game doesn't interest me though.

Samholy

Samholy said:

been hooked with the trailer. cant wait for this one. i love tower defense games, and Dillon look quite original and fresh.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Awesome.
Been waiting for a good, new 3DSWare game in the PAL regions for a while.
I'll be downloading this straight away I'd imagine.
Now we just need Mutant Mudds, Sakura Samurai and VVVVV.

James

James said:

Nintendo America site still says TBD on this one but hopefully you guys get it day one too.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

Sweet, I'll grab this as soon as it hits the USA eShop. Have enjoyed Freakyforms, Pushmo and Sakura, looking forward to this!

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Seems really interesting,i'll wait and see if it comes to the USA and obviously wait for the review.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Woah seriously? I wasn't expecting this so out of nowhere.

This is the game that got me excited for the eShop in the first place! I'll be buying this the first chance I get!

SLiM

SLiM said:

Really hoping for a good review on this game. I love a good tower defense game.

Red-acteur

Red-acteur said:

@Aquateen510 : Okay, so let me get this straight : Mutant Mudds, VVVVVV, Sakura Samurai, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Paper Mario (we waited 6 MONTHS !), Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Chrono Trigger (13 years) are bad games !? Come on, it's been really a matter on emphasizing the US delays !

... Or maybe it is that we Europeans are so used to it we do not complain ^^

Ras

Ras said:

Don't want to be the voice of doom, but every hands on I've seen has been very negative. I'm hoping the final polish turned things around, but I'm definitely waiting for reviews now.

shadowkaby

shadowkaby said:

fffffuuuu!!!!
I hope we get Rolling Western(his name is still Jiro to me)
...this is what we get for sakura samurai huh? DAT KARMA...

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

here's hoping that the NA release is right around the corner. (didn't buy sakura on a count of I'm waiting for this one :D )

Nintendo64Dude

Nintendo64Dude said:

@Red-cater (Facepalm) I DID NOT say the games you have mentioned are bad.

I'm just saying that why do Europeans get the good games first and USA gets the good games last...

scotty30717

scotty30717 said:

Aquateen510, USA have got about another 4 3dsware games in the e-shop than Europe. We haven't got vvvvvv or Mutant Mudds yet! Finally something new in Europe's e-shop.

Martyn

Martyn said:

@Aquateen510 "How come Europeans always get the good games while we Americans get them last?"
On just the 3DSware side of things, You have that third party Samurai game, VVVVVV, Mutant Mudds, and Sakura Samurai! None of which have seen release in Europe yet.

facepalm

I-U

I-U said:

Europe is missing out on an incredible game, being Mutant Mudds, and we got that here in the USA first. They're the ones being screwed. I am hoping that Dillon's Rolling Western comes here next week as well and I'll probably get Sakura Samurai along with it. The 3DSWare overall is outstanding, and I hope this continues.

Martyn

Martyn said:

@I-U exactly! you win some, you lose some. can only hope 3DSware hurries up and gets released in both regions without too much of a delay! well worth it, and should be a nice enough flow from here on of new titles :)

Yellowgerbil

Yellowgerbil said:

When this is out, I am getting a 10 pound eshop card to get pullblox and this! The other pound being one I didn't spend last time.

Funem

Funem said:

Rolling Western is in the eShop in the UK this morning for £9 will wait for a review first I think..