Here's a New Pushmo Trailer to Grab You

Posted by James Newton

Intelligent Systems at work

Pushmo — known as Pullblox in Europe and Hiku-Osu in Japan — is coming to the 3DS eShop next month, and to get you geared up Nintendo has released a new trailer and some screenshots for the download release.

Created by Intelligent Systems — the team behind Fire Emblem and Advance Wars — the game is designed to make full use of the 3DS console's 3D screen as you grab and pull blocks to get to the top. You can also create your own stages and share them with others via QR codes.

Here's the trailer below and some new screenshots even below that.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I want this. Doesn't look too exciting, but it looks fun enough to give my brain a workout. :)

BenAV

BenAV said:

This is looking pretty good.
Being able to make and share puzzles through QR codes means that there's an unlimited number of puzzles to try.
Will definitely have to download it when it hits the eShop.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

Kind of like the 8-bit style to it. I don't care about what the characters look like if the gameplay is addictive.

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

Dammit, tell me at the start that I can watch it in 3D on the eShop, why don't ya? D:

Victoria

Victoria said:

This looks like one that I'd probably get as well. I'm a sucker for puzzle games, and I especially like the thought of making my own pictures and sharing them via QR code.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

This looks fun. Hopefully it's not more than 6.99. Between this and Freakyforms, 3DSware looks to be going in the right direction.

NImH

NImH said:

This looks really good! I love this trend of using NES sprites in good puzzle games. So far I've noticed it in Tetris DS and Pictobits and I loved both of those. Are there any others?
Man, it'll be fun to replicate an 8-bit Mega Man or the Hero of Cave Story...

Birdman

Birdman said:

I'll keep my eye on this one ... I'm not completely convinced this'll be for me yet.

OrdonianLink

OrdonianLink said:

3DSWare is looking Good for whats out in NA, I've bought everything released besides Let's Golf 3D and 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure. I want Kirby but has no money >.>

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Man, how lucky, I remember a Japanese trailer for this, and I was afraid it'd be too "weird" to come out here. I'm so glad that it's coming overseas, though!

Jono97

Jono97 said:

How much is this? pliz 7.50 or lower(AU). Plizzz... I;m planning on getting $20 to buy a diary, bomberman and possibly this if it is 7.50.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I think I'd be a little more excited for this if it were a straight-up platformer and not a puzzler with minor platforming elements. Not such a fan of puzzle games because they don't keep my interest long. It looks cute and somewhat fun though so we'll see. I loved the 8-bit Link puzzle.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

This really could Pushmo ... uhmmm push me to a download if it's more challenging than it looks from the trailers so far.

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

Can't wait to play this, along with Mighty Switch Force & Mutant Mudds. Just way to many games to play in the coming months both on download and on cart.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

Looks like a lot of fun.

and I can totally see a stage in the next smash bros being dedicated to Pushmo.

Sh00kst3r

Sh00kst3r said:

The preview sold it for me, but the whole thing about making your own puzzles made me immediately go out and buy a $20 eShop card.