3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure Trailer Hits Europe

Posted by James Newton

Go pink

If you can't wait until next Thursday to see 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure in motion, the 3DS eShop in Europe just updated with a brief video of Kirby's updated outing.

As you'd expect, the game looks remarkably faithful to its 8-bit origins, with the 3D adding a seemingly subtle layer of depth to its still-impressive graphics. The original is still a fan favourite, so this three dimensional revamp should be every bit as good.

There's also a video of upcoming 3DS download game Block Factory, if that's more interesting.

Denkou

Denkou said:

My reaction:
"3D classics: Kirby's adventure trailer...
Me: :D OMG YESYESYES
"hits Europe"
Me: D: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Yeah I'm a horrible, whiny person. I am well aware. Hopefully we'll get the same thing in America soon too.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

The screen is tiny. I think they should have made it full screen and extended the screen to the left and right to show more of the stage than you could see on the original NES screen.

Is the game revamped?

The effect isn't as noticeable as it is on other games. It doesn't make the game look more impressive.

LordTendoboy

LordTendoboy said:

sigh another game North America misses out on. You get Kirby, but we get Kid Icarus (NES).

BenAV

BenAV said:

Is Kid Icarus going to come to Europe/Australia at some stage too?
I want them both. D:

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i had this downloaded for my wii. superb game!!! especially for NES

dont think i will pay money for that again

TheJosdude

TheJosdude said:

I'll buy this at some point but what I'm most pleased about is the first Kirby TV Episode on my 3DS!

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

ooh I can't wait for this one! just beat Kirby's Dream Land and had a blast with that one. :D

Tate24

Tate24 said:

love this game but honestly didnt think 3D offer anything to it i slightly disappointed!

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Not really impressed by the 3D effect,but I never played the NES original so I will probably get it.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

So that's why we didn't get Kirby's Adventure.:( I'll probably end up getting this even though I shouldn't. I just love this game too much.D:

Stine

Stine said:

While watching the trailer, I suddenly wanted to play through the game again. Will probably buy it within a couple of months.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

3D effect wasn´t too impressive, and I already have it on Wii. Also played the GBA version so much that I´ll just pass.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

For those who haven't yet seen the trailer, there's nothing to get too excited about. It looks completely identical to the original NES game, but with very subtle layers of depth. The trailer even has borders in order to maintain the original game's aspect ratio (though whether this will carry over to the final product, which it most probably will, remains to be seen).

SteveW

SteveW said:

Yuck... I was excited when I heard they were coming and all we get is basically NES versions? at least some work was done with Excitebike...

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

I never really thought the 3D would do much for this game anyway, but I do love this game that I'd buy it again on my 3DS. Really disappointed in hearing that it won't even extend to that widescreen display and will instead have those ugly black borders.

Might as well have released it as an ambassador game, honestly.

YorkshireNed

YorkshireNed said:

hmmmm, have the NES version on my Wii (and finished it). Ended up with the game again on my GBA by not realising "Nightmare in Dreamland" was a remake. To be honest, going back to the NES version looks a bit crude compared to the beauty of "Nightmare in Dreamland". So.....let's see the review of FreakyForms...

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Hmm, I'll have to see this and judge for myself. This is one of my favorite NES games, so I'm buying it either way, but I find it strange that everyone is reporting only a mild 3D effect, given the great transitions in ExciteBike and others in the 3D Classics sequence.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Yeah, the 3D effect is barely to see in the video but i don't think i've ever seen a game that looks so sharp and clean in my life. (And i played the original version on the NES not long ago.) :O It may be that the video was just giving a bad impression of the 3D (wouldn't be the first time). If it's better in the final release i think i'll get it. :)

nick_gc

nick_gc said:

I really like the subtle 3D effect on this but I wish they'd made it wide screen rather than in a box.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

A bit off-topic but i'll put it here anyhow...
It's great to have the first episode of the Kirby TV Channel in the eShop. I'd really love to watch all the rest of 'em on there too since the show has really grown on me. :)

Coproll

Coproll said:

i just watched the first episode from the Kirby TV Channel right from the eshop. now that is cool. i hope the rest of the series also pops up soon.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Btw, N-Gamer reviewed Block Factory in their latest issue that I got through the post y'day - it got a 5/5 :-0

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'm still waiting on the release of Metroid II and Kid Icarus: OMaM, 3D or not 3D upgrade.

Ramses

Ramses said:

No, this won't be coming to the US. Instead us unlucky Americans get... 3D Classics: Action 52!!!

In all seriousness, why aren't we getting this on Thursday? What else is there to release (other than some random dated GB sports game, Nintendo seems to love releasing those on VC)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Saw the 3D trailer on my 3DS and I an convinced tbh. The sprites are very small, but this is my fav NES game after Super Mario Bros 1 and 3

NintendoFanatic98

NintendoFanatic98 said:

When/if this comes out over here, I will get this. Immediately. That game, IMO, was the third-best Kirby game ever, so I must have it on the go!