PassID Takes StreetPass To the Web

Posted by James Newton

Spacial profiling

The 3DS's StreetPass function is nice to have, but the 16 character limit restricts any real information being shared, with no option to enter a Friend Code either. There have been numerous website workarounds, with the latest being PassID.

Visitors can sign up for a profile displaying their Mii, Mii QR code, Friend Code and a short biography. The site then generates a web address short enough to fit in your StreetPass quote: passid.ca/jn for example.

If someone uses your link to add you as a friend on the site you'll receive a notification, prompting you to add them to your own friends list and your 3DS list if you so choose, a godsend as the console itself has no friend request notifications, of course.

There's also a group feature that lets you join up with other 3DS owners with common interests, including an official Nintendo Life group. If you're struggling to join up, find us on page 8.

[via passid.ca]

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

I think it would also be good for finding players for online 3DS games.
Ive started one up for the Resident EVil Mercs thread and im sure as more and more online games come out it because much easier to find players.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Awesome!! When you visit the site on the 3DS browser you can upoad your Profile Picture or Mii QR Code directly from your camera album! :)

Skotski

Skotski said:

I've been using 3DSTXT.com since a few weeks after I got my 3DS...
...the ability to put QR Codes, profile pictures, and connect it to facebook?
Yep, I'm switching over.

Skotski

Skotski said:

Made one, now postin' it: PassID.ca/Errol

...funnily enough, I still tagged my 3DStxt profile onto it just for those who want to read tmi. :P

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

Streetpass to me is when you get a chance at a puzzle piece. Does this allow puzzle pieces? I am confused...

Milkman-123

Milkman-123 said:

@24
no, you have to get puzzle pieces on REAL streetpass.

what i want toknow is why there aint any search button where you can search people. all i can do is search people on GROUPS and not as individuals. also, its impossible for me to get to know people on PASSID, because there isnt a comment section on each profile. can anyone please explain why?

shoopdawoop70

shoopdawoop70 said:

I have a bad feeling Big N might ban this... Lets hope for the best. They like to do things their way if you know what I mean.

James

James said:

Good news: the Nintendo Life group is now the second biggest group on PassID, having overtaken GoNintendo and even the official PassID group! Thanks for your support guys :)

James

James said:

We are now joint-biggest group. Thanks to everyone who's joined up, we appreciate it!