Nintendo Download: 15th September 2011 (Europe)

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Fab four this week

Whatever your Nintendo console of choice, this week's Europe update has you covered. If you happen to own a Wii and 3DS, then it may be time to pick up some more Nintendo Points and eShop funds.

3DS Virtual Console

Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge (Game Boy, Capcom, €4/£3.60) - Mega Man's first adventure on the Game Boy gets the 3DS Virtual Console treatment. Our review is coming shortly and will let you know whether this stands up to the NES classics.

WiiWare

MotoHeroz (RedLynx Ltd, 1500 pts) - This long-awaited, genre-bending title combines racing, platforming and puzzle elements. Our MotoHeroz impressions were positive, and the full review will explore whether it's worth the premium price tag.

Kyotokei (Microforum, 500 pts) - This horizontal shoot-em-up draws heavy inspiration from predecessors in the genre. As our Kyotokei review explains, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

DSiWare

Cosmos X2 (Saturnine Games, 200pts/£1.60) - For those of you that want some shoot-em-up action on the go, then this may be for you. This one adopts an old-school approach to the genre, so our Cosmos X2 review may help you to decide if it appeals to you.

So, will you be downloading any of these titles this week?

Update: Don't forget to check out Nintendo Life's eShop shelf today on your 3DS!

Related Games

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

MotoHeroz looks like an insta-buy to me. I loved Trials HD on x360 and DrawRace 2 on the iPad. Can RedLynx ever disappoint?

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

MotoHeroz rocked! I wish they'd bring this one to 3DSWare. :D

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Still have the 3DS VC on original cartridge. MotoHeroz sounds interesting but is pretty expensive. Kyotokei on the other hands sounds good. So I think I will get this one. Not sure about Cosmos X2 though.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

And why exactly would Catrap be bad news?

He never said it was. But clearly Mega Man is the better game.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'll definitely get Mega man: Dr. wily's revenge at some point and I might get kyotokei. I've noticed that Kyotokei has been compared to Ikaruga and while I like shmups, that game looks too hard for me. How is the difficulty in Kyotokei? Also, am I the only one who doesn't see what all the hype for Motoheroz is about?

Sockymon

Sockymon said:

I'm sick of all these Gameboy games. Is it too much to ask to have some 3D games on my 3D console...?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

It takes time to develop 3DSWare games unless they're enhanced ports like the 3D Classics. There will be regular 3DSWare games, they're still in development right now.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

MotoHeroz is an instant purchase for me. RedLynx's Trials HD is absolutely phenomenal and Corbs Impressions Article just secured my purchase even further! :D

pikku

pikku said:

Wuh, whoa, what? MotoHeroez is 1500 points? Bleh. I think I'll get Megaman if it comes to NA instead. >.>

sonic_brawler95

sonic_brawler95 said:

@3 - I didn't say Catrap was a bad thing, I'm actually excited for it after watching some gameplay videos. I just see it being the US's VC game this week. Sorry for the misinterpetation (which, ironically, is most likely spelled wrong). :D

Thwiidscube

Thwiidscube said:

No games I want this week. I'm not a Mega Man fan myself, and never play Mega Man games. I want some more 3DSWare! Oh well, when I get my next prepaid card, I'm mostly going to download DSiWare games, and maybe Urban Champion.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

MEGA MAN! Please come to NA! Catrap is good and all, but I hope It's not this week. It's about time we get something awesome.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge this Thursday for North America, plz, Nintendo (@Retro_on_theGo , sorry to cancel you out, but...)! Or Super Mario Land 2, or Metroid II: Return of Samus! if that's ok.

timp29

timp29 said:

Megaman = mega hard. Will not buy because I do not wish to throw my 3DS at the wall in a fit of rage.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I might end up getting all of 'em sooner or later. Looking forward to MotoHeroz the most. Waiting for reviews on it though. :)

Omega

Omega said:

SKTTR wrote:

SNOWPACK PARK, where are you????

MDK2, please come to Europe!!

Yes, please. These two would interest me too.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

is the megaman an enjoyable platformer.or hair tearing rock hard?

Both.

It'll be far easier than it originally was if you abuse the save state feature.

Raptor78

Raptor78 said:

Yeah!!! Nintendolife has its own gaming selection on the eShop.
Thats definetly one way of improving the quality of the eShop... now if that means NoE takes notice of Nintendolife, where are the eShop prepay cards?

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Wow. This is a good week for me.

I'll be buying Mega man and Cosmos. I might also buy Kyotokei after seeing the video on the eshop.

BuioOmega

BuioOmega said:

The 3D classics Twin Bee Trailer is awesome.
Will download the Bee...
Mega Man rocks hard.

Scottie

Scottie said:

The Wii VC has been dead for ages. Wonder if we will ever get Mega Man X or Mega Man 5 in Europe now?