Zelda: Skyward Sword Hits Europe on 18th November

Posted by James Newton

Date finally announced

The wait is nearly over: European Wii owners will be able to play Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword in just over three months' time. It's out on 18th November

Nintendo Europe just sent over its latest release schedule and Link's latest sits pretty at the top, due out across Europe just over a month before Christmas.

Before that, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess joins the ranks of Nintendo Selects with a budget price drop on 16th September.

Good news all around.

SherlockHolmes

SherlockHolmes said:

Why is everything always released in November?! D:
But it's still good news, I'll get it along with the other 3 games that I want that come out then.

Sgt_Ludby

Sgt_Ludby said:

Another November release?? Oh dear... So far I've got Super Mario 3D Land, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Modern Warfare 3, and Uncharted 3, now this?? I'm gonna be one happy (and busy!) gamer!

Klaarover

Klaarover said:

Things spread out nicely, as I have zero interest in the rest of November's releases.

Grackler

Grackler said:

Yes, a solid release date! Now the decision: a week off at release, or hold on 'til the Christmas hols for a Zelda fix...

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Excellent, hopefully that means it will be showing up here in the US sometime this year as well.

antdickensAdmin

antdickens said:

@Grackler will you be able to resist reading everyone else's thoughts/opinions/spoilers on it all the way until Christmas?

BenAV

BenAV said:

Unfortunately that means it won't come out in Australia until November 23rd or 30th though. :(
It'd be nice for something unexpected to happen and it release in Australia on November 17th!

Grackler

Grackler said:

@antdickens That's a good point, almost certainly not! I suppose the real decision is play like a madman at release or flee to the wilderness to live among the animals! Unless they want to spoil Zelda too...(looks left and right maniacally)

DrWadsy

DrWadsy said:

Why is everything coming out late this year??? Ah well, this will be great anyway :)

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

It's just good to finally hear a release date (and it being in 2011!). Will definitely get this near release. :)

timp29

timp29 said:

Keep us posted for the AU release date :D

PS How quickly can something be delivered from the UK?

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

@timp29: I order stuff from the UK all the time and it usually takes between 6-9 working days to Adelaide. Not bad, really!

@BenAV: If you can, I'd highly recommend you import it from the UK. You'll get it for about half price, and may get it sooner too!

Link79

Link79 said:

Took their sweet time anouncing the release date didn't they?
Good to know though. Now I can start my Zelda Marathon in preparation.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

This will probably blow Twilight Princess out of the water for me. Cannot. Wait.

I love that we know virtually nothing about it.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

It's being released in NA on 11/20 according to a Press Statement by Nintendo of America.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

From the official Nintendo news article:

Every legend has a beginning, and now the time has come for you to soar to new heights to discover how it all began
...
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword lays the foundation for the events in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This will be interesting. Wondering if this will be a major part of Skyward's story.

motang

motang said:

The release dates for US and Europe are only couple days apart, that's cool.

Burny

Burny said:

@Oddy @Iz20XX
Unified Sunday releases across Europe would be slightly problematic due to the fact that in some European countries shops are closed on Sundays. ;)

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Oh FFS!!! November is gonna bankrupt me.I just do not understand why every AAA game is released in the last 2 months of the year.
Note to game developers : Gamers do not live under rocks for 10 months of the year.Get together and sort out your release schedule!!
I can understand that the Xmas holidays is when people spend more money but c'mon!! There are so many great games this year that will just get lost in the christmas rush ,saints row 3 for example looks a ton of fun and a game i would have bought at full price in the summer but now its gonna be up against the likes of Zelda,Mario3D, MarioKart, COD,Battlefield, Skyrim, Batman,GOW3 etc etc.
Imagine if the film industry behaved this way. Madness I tells ye, madness...........
Still I'll be enjoying this one unless Skyrim is just too good to put down! :)

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

No one is forcing you to buy every game on launch day; just spread them out over the year, it'll be cheaper for you too (cause titles will turn into budget titles), sheesh

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

My point is that by doing this the games that get left behind at Xmas are deemed failures thus making the chances of a sequel unlikely or in some cases can lead to developers going under or losing funding. i.e the industry is hurting itself by following this practice.I thought that was pretty obvious to everyone, eceryone but the games industry it seems.Did you know Gears of War 3 has been essentially finished since about March but Microsoft have been holding out on the release till the xmas period.Now tell me if they had released the game in summer that it wouldn't have sold millions!

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

i hope it's as good as twilight princess was.that game was fantastic and it was all game without all the hours wondering around that orcarina would have been on the n64 had i not given up on it.i've played it since on the3ds and with the stone's i managed to complete it.i was fine in the dungeons,but all that with the horse and the windmill business.i just would not have figured that out during my lifetime.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

@Luigi78: I'd say it's got a lot to do with the attention span of people.
The holiday season seems the best time to get good sales for your AAA game.
I guess they release 'em in the season or shortly before it so people don't get absorbed be some other flashy new title or to make sure they don't forget about their game.