Nintendo Returns to Comic-Con with Multiple Playable Games

Posted by Trevor Chan

18 titles spread across Wii, 3DS and DS

Nintendo is set for its return to Comic-Con in San Diego this year and among other activities, the special Nintendo Gaming Lounge will be set up so that attendees can stop by and try out some of the latest releases.

As well as Nintendo's booth (#5135) at Comic-Con, the Nintendo Gaming Lounge situated in the San Diego Ballroom at the Marriott Marquis & Marina at 333 W. Harbor Drive will be the place where attendees can try out various Wii, DS and 3DS games.

As if having 11 3DS games, 6 Wii titles and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 on the DS to choose from isn't enough, attendees will also be able to try out The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the first public demo of the game in North America.

Below are all the games that will be playable at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge:

3DS

Wii

DS

• Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2

As part of the 25th anniversary of the Zelda series, an artist has been commissioned by Nintendo to create a large chalk drawing at the event. The artwork will be designed and completed over the course of several days and attendees are encouraged to stop by as work on the drawing progresses.

A special meet-up event will take place on Thursday, 21st July at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge where Pokémon gamers can trade with and battle each other on Pokémon Black and White. 3DS users will also be able to exchange game data using the Pokédex 3D application, and a giant Pokémon Augmented Reality marker depicting the legendary Reshiram will also be there to interact with. Pokémon merchandise will also be given away so if you want to get your hands on a set of three Pokémon AR marker cards, pins, Pokédex 3D T-shirts and Pokémon cinch sacks, make sure you stop by the lounge.

Visitors to the Nintendo Gaming Lounge can also take advantage of other fun activities and daily giveaways (while supplies last) such as collectible Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards, posing for 3D photos in an oversized AR Card gallery, sharing StreetPass™ data with other Nintendo 3DS users and downloadable treasure maps for DRAGON QUEST® IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

Comic-Con will be kicking off this Thursday, 21st July at the San Diego Convention Center and will run until Sunday, 24th July. The preview night will take place on Wednesday, 20th July. For further information, please head over to the Comic-Con website.

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

Bacon_Gal_Blaze said:

'Below are all the games that will be playable at the Nintendo Gaming Lounge:
3DS
Super Mario
Mario Kart
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Pokédex 3D
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Shinobi
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Dead or Alive: Dimensions'

...... I need to be there....

motang

motang said:

Dang even Nintendo has returned to Comic-Con. The last time I went was back in 2004.

Lan

Lan said:

I keep reading about all this non-comic stuff at Comic-Con and it's getting me really interested

Yasume

Yasume said:

Comic-Con? Bleh. The only fun part about it are the hilarious videos of YouTube legend KassemG.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Might be interested to know that the Nintendo Unleashed thingy is making an appearance at the Manchester MCM Expo next fortnight.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Damn! I live in San Diego and never go to Comic-Con but tickets are always sold out months ahead of time! And this time with so many Nintendo games to demo, too! :O

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

They should replace Captain America: super soldier and Just dance 3 with better games like Rayman origins and Mario party 9.

K964

K964 said:

I can't go this year but I hope next year doesn't fail to disappoint. ;(

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I'd honestly go just to play Kirby Wii, but unfortunately I live in Pennsylvania :(

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

That's incredibly amazing! I can just picture myself in a place like that trying out all those great games, especially Kid Icarus: Uprising, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D, and Kirby Wii. Now I can't wait to see all the new gameplay videos that will surely be coming out of this!

SMW

SMW said:

What an awesome line up. Too bad I'm stuck here in the middle of nowhere. (Kansas)

What's with the Wii complaints? Kirby and Rhythm Heaven deserve more love. Those 2 Wii games are more than enough for me. Skyward Sword is another big plus. Fortune Street may be good, we shall see.

As for DS, where is Kirby's Mass Attack?

Curt

Curt said:

Am I the only one who's disappointed by the lack of Paper Mario?

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

People need to go there to complain to them in person about no localization of Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I would play some Skyward Sword and then proceed to hog their 3DSes all day. They'd be like, "We have other Wii games too," and I'd be like, "Bwahahaha the Wii is dead."

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Three good titles for the Wii and a nice little DS game. But it's clear that they want the 3DS to shine there. An amazing lineup that could only be better if Luigi's Mansion 2 was in there too. I also wonder if Nintendo's given up on showing Nintendogs, Pilotwings and Steel Diver to the public.

hydeks

hydeks said:

wow how crazy, I think even Nintendo knows which games coming out this year me and everyone wants lol other than maybe just dance 3, I'm really interested in all those games.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Oh man, I want to go so bad just to try out Super Mario and Mario Kart. But I don't think I'll be going this year. Everyone that tries those games out need to tell me how they were :)

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I went to the con last year. I didn't get a chance to play M:OM, but this year looks like a good year for demos. Too bad I can't go out there this year. I hear that due to most of the comic artists/writers/etc. living mostly in NYC, that there is a slight chance the con will come to NY.