- Also Known As
- Boom Street
- Number of Players
- Board Game
- Release Date
- 5th Dec 2011
- 28th Dec 2011
- 1st Dec 2011
- Board Games
A sound investment
Mario and friends are no strangers to the board game scene: the Mario Party series is a perennial favorite, and rightly so. Those games are colourful, exciting and, most of all, fun. But it may come as something of a surprise to find our favorite denizens of the Mushroom Kingdom sharing a board with characters from the Dragon...
About The Game
Get on Board, Corner the Market and Make a Fortune
Players become familiar characters from the Nintendo and DRAGON QUEST universes in a board game that challenges them to play the real estate and stock markets wisely to win. Players race around the board trying to accumulate wealth and hit a target value while buying, selling and trading property with friends and family to see who can be the first to cash out. What appears at first to be a simple property-buying board game offers multiple levels of money-maximizing opportunity.
- Players move around one of more than 15 boards, buying shops to build their portfolios and collecting symbols they can cash in at the bank to earn more gold to invest. It takes money to make money, so racing around the board may not be the best strategy.
- To capitalize on their monetary gains, players can make investments, play the stock market, purchase shops and collect shopping fees. Players with multiple shops adjacent to one another see them grow in value and their shops level up. Other players who land on those squares have to pay an increased shopping fee.
- Players can choose to play as a variety of Mushroom Kingdom characters, as DRAGON QUEST characters or even as their own Mii™ characters.
- More than 15 different game boards are available, providing endless replay value.
- The beginner setting helps newcomers learn the basics, while a more advanced mode introduces more challenges, deeper strategy options and the ability to play the stock market.
- The franchise has been a hit in Japan, and this marks its first appearance in North America.
This game looks pretty cool! Can't wait to see a release date!
Mario + Dragon Quest (or other Square Enix rpg title) = FULL! OF!! WIN!!!!
First-Day Buy for me, I love Nintendo/Square Enix Party Games.
There are a lot of Buy's for me this season (at lest a dozen on Nintendo's systems) if it's $40.US I can added to my preorders.
i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed this game
want it, want it want it!
Tap here to load 6 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...