Let's Get Ready to Super Pokemon Rumble on 3DS

Posted by James Newton

Gotta bash 'em all

WiiWare monster fans will remember Pokémon Rumble, in which your toy Pokémon fought others in a last-one-standing battle royale. That excitement is coming to 3DS soon with Super Pokémon Rumble (also known as Super Pokémon Scramble) out in Japan this summer.

The game uses the classic top-down viewpoint as you battle other toy monsters in real-time, nabbing them for your collection as you go along. You can also swap monsters with other players via StreetPass, a feature we hope to see in the inevitable Pokémon adventure on 3DS.

Super Pokéon Rumble hits Japanese stores on 28th July, and although Nintendo is yet to discuss a Western release, it seems a surefire shoe-in.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

looks good ive got 108 pokemon on the free 3ds app but theyve stopped coming has anyone else had this?

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

I haven't played Pokemon Rumble for wiiware but this game looks good. I'll most likely end up getting it mainly because I'm a fan of pokemon.

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

@daznsaz:
I have 94 pokemon right now on the PokeDex 3D. I'm still getting pokemon so far so maybe 108 is the limit? Maybe afterwards you get the remaining pokemon from others via wireless communications?

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

I don't care for any of the pokemon spin-off games.
come back to me, when it's an RPG.

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

yea maybe got to work to get rest i thought it was just gonna fill up

Lobster

Lobster said:

Oh, I loved the WiiWare version! This is a day one download for me! I hope it gets here soon!

Terave

Terave said:

I don't know if i buy this, maybe low-priced only.
@daznsaz I am still getting them, so i don;t know what happend to yours..

cnm_nintendo

cnm_nintendo said:

Aww... I wish this was a download. I don't really think this has good enough value to be Retail... Come on Nintendo! BRING ON TEH 3DSWARE! DX

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

In my opinion, Pokemon Rumble had it own unique charm but that charm quickly faded when I realized that it was THE most repetitive game I'd ever played, and paying 15 bucks for it was absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully new content will make up for it being an updated retail game, but I highly doubt it.

P.S. The only pokemon spin-off series I liked was Pokemon Pinball. PKMN Pinball Ruby & Sapphire is one of my all-time favorite games, actually. COME ON NINTENDO IT'S THE 5TH GEN, MAKE A NEW PKMN PINBALL GAME :P

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

Eh, the WiiWare game is fun for a while. Then it just gots repetitive. It's still sorta fun multiplayer, though. I could've sworn I'd seen this game under a different title recently, though.

jediknight

jediknight said:

We loved the wii demo, so if there's a full version on a 3ds, I'll be sure to enjoy it, except for the fact it doesn't have people, or a region, or gym leaders, or anything like a normal pokemon game. They should also make a pokemon pinball for pokemon black and white.

Duffthemonkey

Duffthemonkey said:

I really wonder if they'll add any sort of simple level up system. Nothing sucked worse then getting a Pokemon I loved that was strong for a level, that was then completely obsolete by the next stage, so I could never use it again. They don't have to evolve, but just gain some strength for at least every level you win.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

I still have to beat the final tournament in the EX Battle Royal of the original Pokémon Rumble. Should have another serious go at it and mark this off my backlog before the next one comes out.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

Pokemon Rumble through WiiWare was a boring and tedious game only made playable by the fact that it had 4 player co-op (even then it was strictly kids stuff...too repetitive for me...by comparison Pirates Plundarrr! is a fantastic game...actually only by comparison is PP! a fantastic game ;))

With co-op and a $5 price this game might be palatable.

(I hate to bag on games, especially ones from Nintendo, but Pokemon Rumble was seriously bad)

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Even at 40 dollars I'll buy this. I sunk over 60 hours into the Wiiware game completing it 100 percent. Since this one has more modes, its portable, and has more than double the Pokemon of the Wiiware game, I know I'll get my money's worth out of it! Hope it doesn't take too long for a western release...

Ernest_The_Crab

Ernest_The_Crab said:

Hm...I have a feeling this will turn out very well. The developer is Game Freak in this case. Pretty much all of the other spin off games of the series were developed by other people.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

I enjoyed the original Pokémon Rumble on WiiWare, so here's hoping for good things out of the 3DS version.

...AND MORE THAN TWO GENERATIONS WORTH OF POKéMON!!!

Squid

Squid said:

Nice that they're bringing Pokemon to the 3DS this soon, but, I wish they would stop using those little, blocky half-pint figures in those spin-offs. They're kinda ugly... I don't know, I MAY consider it, depending on when it comes out... But, I want to see something like Pokemon Battle Revolution on the 3DS!! :D

Squiggle55

Squiggle55 said:

I like the game's title. that's how Nintendo should always name their sequels. I'm looking at you Wii U.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

@Squiggle55: What about the Playstation 2, 3, Portable, Vita, etc. or the Xbox 360, or the Super Nintendo Entertainment System? ;)

MarioMario

MarioMario said:

I would have been more excited if this was a 3DSware. I wish they would finally just please the fans and make a great 3DS pokemon MMORPG type of game, or just a nice RPG in general..

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

@Alpha: Yep, it does. All five generations :) Although I'm not sue if special legendaries such as Arceus will be in. I hope they are but even if they're not, that's still 600+ Pokemon :D

AltDotNerd

AltDotNerd said:

@MasterGraveheart
The reason they had only 2 generations on the WiiWare PokeRumble is because the WiiWare games have a 40MB limit, and I guess they could only fit that many pokemon in 40MB. If Super PokeRumble is on a game card, surely they would include all current pokemon.

P.S. I hope they add RPG elements. I don't want to obtain a certain pokemon and have to stop using it because it becomes less and less powerful the further you get in the game.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

This looks cool.
I'm always good when it comes to Pokemon.
It's a download though, right?

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

@35 Retro Eagle: Pokémon Rumble is 198 blocks - the WiiWare limit is 320 blocks. There was enough space to put in at least one more generation of Pokémon.

I thought the motive was advertising the new Pokémon games by having the latest gen in there, and making a big buck by having the most well-known Pokémon in there too (the ones from the first gen: Pikachu, Charmander, Jigglypuff etc.)