Ready Yourself for a Super Bonk Attack this Friday

Posted by James Newton

Back in time for Christmas

If you're up for some Super Bonk action – and you live in Europe – you're in luck, as the game headbashes its way to Virtual Console this Friday.

The Super NES classic isn't the only Virtual Console title heading to Europe before Christmas: Mario Party 2 is Nintendo's festive gift to you, launching on Christmas Eve.

Will you be grabbing Bonk this Friday?

MERG

MERG said:

James...I am disappointed in the bland taglines. I usually look forward to your humorous ones. :(

James

James said:

@MERG But it's set in the past and it's out before Christmas! "Back in time for Christmas"! Get it?

They can't all be classics :(

MERG

MERG said:

I get it now...it's been a long day at work and I'm slowing down.

"They can't all be classics"? That is a bad attitude...reach for the stars James...reach for the stars.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

Is it as good as Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge, or not as good? I'm interested in Super Bonk.

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

I'm hoping will be 60Hz if it's the US version, looks like a cool download if so.

SepticLemon

SepticLemon said:

Oh heck yes!

I remember playing this on Virgin Atlantic flight planes on the in screen SNES. I loved this game a lot, the only reason why I really liked flying with Virgin before they got insanely expensive.

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I misread that as Super Meat Boy :P At least you guys are getting more VC.

antster1983

antster1983 said:

Sid: emerges from tent with Bernie Bresslaw and sees Super Bonk Ooh Bernie, get a look that!
Bernie: Uhh, look at what, Sid?
Sid: That Bonk. That's what'd I'd do to Babs! trademark cackle

Lobster

Lobster said:

Dammit, Europe, getting all the good games before Christmas! cries

I think I'll throw a great big American-entitlement tantrum until we get them too! :P

ToneDeath

ToneDeath said:

I remember renting Mario Party 2 and actually enjoying it, but the sequels I played were more depressing than fun. I might have to give 2 another look though.

DrDaisy

DrDaisy said:

I've played this game before. Actually, I used to own it before my cartridge mysteriously disappeared. While it's not a terrible game, it does seem to be lacking in flavor for some reason. The graphics and music are excellent, but the gameplay just seems bland.

Big_A2

Big_A2 said:

When was the last time an interesting game came out on Virtual Console anyway? I used to check for the updates every week, but now...

Come on Nintendo, release Super Dodge Ball in PAL regions already!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

the gameplay just seems bland.
I think thats just an aspect of Bonk games in general. I thought the same about Bonk 3.

Kirk

Kirk said:

So much more character and charm, and just better looking in general, than the recent 3D Bonk game imo.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

I've just gotta wonder: why is the reptilian king smaller than he is in the previous Bonk games?