Japanese Virtual Console list - December 2009

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Finishing off the year with some more big-name titles.

Nintendo of Japan just never seems to stop being awesome - They've got another eight VC games planned for release in December, with the large likelihood of Namco Bandai also having some yet to be announced titles in store. Part of the lineup are another Japan-exclusive, Nintendo-developed NES game, the SNES's best beat 'em up, and another great Neo Geo fighter.

The full list for December (for now) is as follows:

Famicom:

• Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo Zenkouhen (The second "Detective Club" game on the Famicom, it was originally released in two parts, but will now be available as one full game.)

Super Famicom:

• Final Fight 3 (The last "classic" game in the Final Fight series and easily the best - Some consider it one of the best beat 'em ups ever made. Strangely enough, Japan has yet to get the second game on Virtual Console!)

Neo Geo:

• The King of Fighters '95 (December 1st - The second game in the KoF series, which is generally seen as being a bit better than the first.)

MSX:

• Metal Gear (Delayed from November, this is the first game in the now famous series, and also the only version that's regarded as being any good by its creator!)
  • Yie Ar Kung Fu II (Also delayed from November, this is the sequel to the classic arcade/NES fighting game.)

Virtual Console Arcade:

• Ordyne (December 1st - The arcade version of the TurboGrafx-16 game.)
  • Rompers (December 1st - An arcade-only game in which you play as a farmer who must collect keys strewn around his garden. He also has the ability to push around walls.)
  • Zaxxon (Sega's classic isometric shoot 'em up.)

Let's hope Nintendo of America and Europe have at least equally large plans for the month!

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Related Games

Adamant

Adamant said:

Detective Club, Final Fight, Metal Gear and KING OF FIGHTERS? I want a Japanese Wii.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Zaxxon? Excellent! Now I Sega will get the Star Trek license to release the Tactical Command Simulator I will be extremely happy; I'll settle for Astro Blaster, Tac Scan (hopefully with twist/pointer for the dial) and Space Fury, though.

And Rompers I can wait for; as it's one of my very favourite Namco games I really hope it's coming next week!

outrun2sp

outrun2sp said:

final fight 3 is good.

KING OF FIGHTERS 95. Excellent game. The first really good KOF game that is still liked today. Almost the super turbo of king of fighters for the time. I would so get that if it came out 60hz but nintendo wont get a sale becuase they will release it 50hz as its never been played before. On saturn it was at least sped up.

If they release it that way I will stick with playing it on finalburn alpha on xbox.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Cool more fighting games. KOF 95 is good because you can finally start mixing and matching fighters for your team(although its under a short timer).

Twisted

Twisted said:

I wouldn't count on NoE having any sort of clue about what people actually want (unless it's been burned onto the back of their hands)

We might see Final Fight 3 before Christmas. That's if it doesn't interfere with NoE's 1 VC title every week policy.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Would love Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo Zenkouhen and Metal Gear.

TheLonelyGamer

TheLonelyGamer said:

Oh cool, Famicom Tentei Club Part II! We need more Famicom Disk System games for VC. I mean we already have SMB 2 The Lost Levels and Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa right? So why not games like 3D Hot Rally (which I REALLY want to play badly) to appear on VC :)

JusticeColde

JusticeColde said:

why isn't kof '95 in na yet?
it's been months and japan is getting the neo-geo games
well i hope it's coming next year

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Well, if you're really hard-up for King of Fighters '95 you can always get the King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga...

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 said:

Sega's bringing pre '85 arcade games? Oh joy, this means Flicky, on of my favorite Sega arcade games, could be on it's way!

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Lets hope Super Mario Kart is part of Nintendo's Europe plans!! Christmas day please! (Sorry if you can't wait like me!)

said:

KOF 95?! Awesome! I hope it comes to america soon!

why are the KOFs taking too much to be released? v_v

vio

vio said:

KoF '95 is cool and long overdue, but still, you can get all the KoF games in The King of Fighters Collection for the Wii. I'm more anxious to get my hands on Final Fighter 3, which isn't available on any collection. Now hopefully once Capcom is done with FF, they'll start releasing more Mega Man games on VC.

BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat said:

While I also consider Final Fight 3 to best the best of the ones I have played (which does not include Revenge or Streetwise), ta gotta realize that it's still a matter of opinion.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

There's still NES Mighty Final Fight and arcade Final Fight.

This doesn't happen on the Virtual Console but they should give away Final Fight Guy to those who have downloaded the original SNES Final Fight.

said:

Mighty Final Fight is fun. And I liked Streetwise.

Jolted85

Jolted85 said:

hope the neo geo returns elsewhere in the world, and hoping that svc chaos gets a VC release

Mach-X

Mach-X said:

this is what I want to see, I'll be awaiting the Final Fight 3 release in NA

Mach-X

Mach-X said:

definately awaiting FF3, but maybe I'm of the few that has a segdCD and can play FF1 in its best form

brooks83

brooks83 said:

I'm pretty sure the arcade version of FF1 is on one of those Capcom Classics Collection disks for PS2 and Xbox. From what I hear though, the SegaCD version is virtually arcade perfect.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Looks like another good day for Japan. I hope SNK continues its support on VC in Japan and abroad - the sooner they release Pulstar, Last Resort, Ironclad, and KOF'99, the better!