Happy Birthday Nintendo!

Posted by Thomas Bowskill

Nintendo Life wishes the Big N a very happy 120th birthday.

Well, it's been a long time (120 years, would you believe?) since the small Japanese handmade card business was founded, and where would the video game world be without them?

The years have seen ups, downs, highs and lows for the Japanese gaming giant, but through thick and thin they've produced some of the greatest video game marvels of all time and have given us many fond memories.

So, from all of us here at Nintendo Life, we'd like to wish Nintendo a very happy birthday and continued success in the future!

JayArr

JayArr said:

Oh the memories! Nintendo changed my life, and a lot of other's, back in the 80's. Happy B-day!

Supermarioman

Supermarioman said:

Well Its amazing Nintendo has been around that long, great to here and Happy Birthday Nintendo! I wish to be as old as you when I die!

Knux

Knux said:

Wow, Nintendo is ANCIENT! Happy 120th Birthday, Nintendo! :)

Noire

Noire said:

Happy birthday, Nintendo! You've meant a lot to me throughout the years; here's to another 120 years of success!

eats cake

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Thanks Nintendo for bringing back gaming after the nasty crash of 1984. Here's to 120 more years. :)

Dicesukeinuzuka

Dicesukeinuzuka said:

w00t!! I will soon calibrated by subing to Nintendo Power and buying a wii game or DS game. 0u0 sooner or later.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

It's so easy to forget that Nintendo is THAT old, when they've only really had a presence in the West for roughly 30 years. Happy birthday, Nintendo.

luigiman2

luigiman2 said:

Nintendo has made my life change. I spent most of my time doing something related to Nintendo like playing Wii, DS, or going on Nintendo websites. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JayArr

JayArr said:

@#19 - That is cool but who the....what the ....is coming out of the pipe on top?

Mabbit

Mabbit said:

wow, without nintendo...without nintendo i would never have even starting video gaming!!!

odd69

odd69 said:

Yes Nintendo, while i may still play games from sony, you guys will always be the number one gaming company for me. Thank you for making me smile as a child and as an adult.No other company could do that like you guys could.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL said:

Thank you Nintendo!
@27, Nintendo is basically the Playstation's deadbeat father :P
So youve still got them to thank for that ;)

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

Happy Birthday, Nintendo, on your...120 YEARS?!?! It HAS been a ling time...
...
Wait a second...didn't some Nintendo vice president chick say that there would be a new Club Nintendo prize in September?
(Rushes to Club Nintendo in another tab)

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

No new Club Nintendo prize...
(cries himself to sleep for 5 minutes)

But seriously, Happy Birthday Nintendo!!!

VGM

VGM said:

HAPPY 120TH BIRTHDAY NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

AVahne

AVahne said:

120 YEARS?! whoa SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINTENDO! The Super Nintendo was my first system and one of my favorites. Nintendo with all its subsidiaries/first party developers will always be my favorite game company.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Everyone at Nintendo Life: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINTENDO!
Mario: Oh yeah! Let's party!
(Miyamoto appears in all purple and starts breakdancing)

ganondwarf16

ganondwarf16 said:

wow have a super special awsome birthday nintendo lol can anyone guess where I quoted "super special awsome" from?

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

I knew that they were a very old gaming company, but happy 120th birthday Nintendo.

They are truly an amazing company. They manage to give us the best of video games and continue to do so. Unlike Cartoon Network and Disney, Nintendo has never forgotten what made them the best and learns from there best years and improve upon it. While they are not perfect, they are my favorite video game company for a reason.

Out of all of our childhood memories, Nintendo is one of the very few things that has not died and turned against us. They are always for us and they have not forgotten us.

Thank you Nintendo. You'll forever have a special place in our hearts.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

"Dear Mario, I have baked a cake for you..." after battling through 15 stages and defeating Bowser 3 times, and alls I get is cake??? I played some earlier today on some dude's N64 ;-)

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Happy Birthday, Nintendo!

Hope you take over Sony and Microsoft in the next 120 years.

Jazzem

Jazzem said:

Wow, 120 years eh? With all due respect to many other excellent developers, Nintendo is by far my favourite, and without them I wouldn't be anywhere near as keenly interested in video games as I am. Ever since I was a kid I've been hooked, and that's stuck to this very day, as I continue to have a blast with both their old and current output. I've even come close to playing all of their AAA titles, with just Kirby Superstar and one or two others to go. Hey, if there's one thing I think it's worth being an obsessive nerd over, it's the big N!

I think the ultimate Nintendo moment for me was coming home after a terrible, stressful day sometime last year, really in the blues. So how does one get out of a rut? Two hours of Mario Galaxy, that's how! I don't think I've ever had such a swift mood change, and that's what Nintendo's all about for me; pure, mood-lifting fun.

Here's to another 120 years and all that, eh? :)

Ren

Ren said:

nice. gave me many hours of procrastination joy since the days of Mario/duckhunt and zelda 1. I mowed a lot of friggin' lawns to get hooked on that NES badboy.

laskecap

laskecap said:

happy bday ninty....wish u all the best...please stop producing nonsense accessories

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I may have grown up with my Sega Genesis, but Nintendo's had me hooked ever since I got my GameCube and my first three games for it: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader, and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Now, I'm catching up on some of the stuff I missed with the Virtual Console. Long live Nintendo!

PhillaLoup

PhillaLoup said:

I think if there'll be a nuclear war in a few years on this earth - the only survivors will be rats, cockroaches and nintendo...

congrats

JimLad

JimLad said:

Wow 120 years.
Only seems like yesterday doesn't it? when the Eiffel tower was completed. Remember we had that huge party on the second floor.
Asa Candler sponsored it with his newly aquired Coca Cola formula, and the newly inaugurated US president Benjamin Harrison drank too much and was sick all over the very first edition of the Wall Street Journal...

These 1889 references doing anything for ya?

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Wow, that's awesome! Now to celebrate, release something epic next week for VC :)

And give us all Punch-Out!! featuring Doc Louis, for FREE

Machu

Machu said:

Where would we (and the video-game industry) be without them. I shudder to think.

Long live Nintendo!