Rare Shiny Beldum Confirmed as Launch Distribution for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Hordes to include Trainers, trailer and assets released

Update:

This Shiny Beldum distribution has now also been confirmed for Europe.

Original Article:

Earlier this week CoroCoro magazine revealed some exciting details regarding Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, focusing on three new Mega Evolutions and the workings of contests. As normal The Pokémon Company has now provided fully localised details and assets painting a clearer picture than translated scans.

It's been confirmed that the rare Shiny Beldum (pictured below) will become a whole lot more common, as it'll be a launch period distribution. It'll be holding its Metagrossite Mega Stone and will have plenty of evolution to deliver; it's confirmed for North America, though we'd expect the same opportunity to be available to European gamers.

The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that players can get a special Shiny Beldum holding a Metagrossite Mega Stone during a limited-time character distribution for the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games when they launch on November 21, 2014, in the United States and Canada. This Shiny Beldum will evolve into Shiny Metang and then into Shiny Metagross. Players can then harness the power of the Mega Stone and Mega Evolve Shiny Metagross into Shiny Mega Metagross.

Also confirmed to return are horde encounters, in which you'd come across wild Pokémon in Pokémon X & Y; this time you'll also encounter Trainers in groups of up to five, which should be a great way to boost experience.

Finally, we have some nice artwork and screens for the three Mega Evolutions confirmed earlier this week, below.

The new trailer is below. Are you hyped for these new entries in the series this November?

Epicnessofme99

Epicnessofme99 said:

Mega Altaria is the best looking one of these 3 imo, Mega Salamence looks weird and Lopunny looks alright.

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

Could they simply add a Mega Evolution for every top evolved Pokémon? Well, That would kill future games new Evolutions for some Pokémon.

Tsurii897

Tsurii897 said:

I thought Beldum was a reward within the contests? Meh...another event I can't get, because I won't be able to buy a 3DS till late december (aka christmas :D)

I really like the Megas, now that I've seen them in action, tho.

TheJebou

TheJebou said:

Wow I really dislike Mega Salamence, but I am happy that Altaria gets a mega evolution :)

MegaBeedrill

MegaBeedrill said:

Wake me up when mega flygon is announced already.

If salamence gets a mega and flygon doesn't I'm not going to be happy.

TheJebou

TheJebou said:

@Tsurii897 The Torchic event in x and y lasted three months, so it's possible that the Beldum event will be around for enough time

Olmectron

Olmectron said:

@AG2014 I thought the very same thing, until I noticed both Pokémon games for 3DS use 13,799 blocks of memory each, even with all those Pokémon and Mega Evolutions already. Bravely Default uses 26,495 blocks, and it fits on a tiny 3DS card. They could add many 3D models within other 13,000 blocks left there.

I don't really know about the real measures (in MB or GB), but I remember they said Bravely Default used a 4 GB card, and limit is 8GB for a 3DS card, or so I heard. That would mean even more blocks for new 3D models.

Porky

Porky said:

@AG2014 That makes no sense at all.. Pretty sure SSB 3DS will have the most memory of all current 3ds cartridges.

EDIT: I thought you were replying as to why Mega Butterfree alone wasn't possible. But Pokemon X and Y have enough space for more Megas and if they don't for all pokemon, their not afraid to add DLC like with updates in X and Y.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Trainers in up to group of 5? Where was that mentioned?
Oh I see it now! Oh you can also take screenshots and AR photos during contests! Awesome

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

So Mega Altaria gets a boosted Attack and Special Attack, with a smaller boost in Defense. Mega Salamence gets a big boost in Defense. Mega Lopunny gets a big boost in Attack and Speed.

FragRed

FragRed said:

I totally forgot about this game! Damn there are just too many amazing games coming out this year! Hopefully this will help boost those falling 3DS sales, along with the release of Super Smash Bros.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano said:

Cool, it's not another GAME exclusive event but rather something I can access from home. Really hyped for this game (more so than Smash 3DS) though I'll see how much of my backlog gets cleared before Smash launch.

As for the inevitable sales debate, Pokémon always sells well so I'm sure there won't be problems on that front. Wii U is probably in a more concerning position until Smash Wii U is released though.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

Contests work the same as they do in the originals, which is good. Pokeblocks return, as does Feebas' original evolution method. Also the Smart type is now called Cleverness, though it's effectively the same type. Glad to see Horde Encounters return, and trainer hordes look cool.

Somewhat hoping they give Altaria Boomburst somehow (whether a change in the level up moveset or via move tutor), but that might be what sends Mega Altaria to Ubers.

FragRed

FragRed said:

@Grumblevolcano the Wii U will be in a concerning position for the remainder of its life. I don't honestly think it is going to improve after 2 years. I don't think games such as Super Smash Bros will help too much, though it will keep us hardcore Nintendo gamers happy which is what Nintendo says it needs to do in order to launch the next system in about 2 or 3 years time.

IceClimbers

IceClimbers said:

According to Serebii, Salamence is #198 in the Hoenn Dex. It was #189 in the originals. DEX EXPANSION CONFIRMED!!!!!

Nintendo6400

Nintendo6400 said:

But I already have a shiny metagross! I hope the distribution isn't the only way to get the mega stone. I might not get this game on day one.

Iggly

Iggly said:

I always wanted to get myself a Shiny Metagross but I never could, hopefully this event goes on for at least 2 months since I'm not sure if I could buy this Day 1.

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

I wonder... Mega Salamence looks like the crescent moon and star :D
wouldn't be the first religious "controversy" of nintendo if this would ever come an issue.

Fandabidozi

Fandabidozi said:

So glad the easy EV training will still be in place with horde battles.
Trainers in groups, up to 5! Brain. Melts.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I won't use that Shiny Beldum, but it's a cool event.
Mega Salemence is growing on me and looks a lot better in-game.

Godstrike

Godstrike said:

Since this comes out after symphonic evolutions that this comes with the cd like symphony of the goddess and skyward sword

MoonKnight7

MoonKnight7 said:

So since Mega Altaria's type changes from Dragon/Flying to Dragon/Fairy that should mean that Dragon type moves wouldn't work on it. That's a hardcore pokemon right there.

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

o wow cant wait to use my shiny beldum , shiny mega salamence and to finish Primal shiny Groudon :)