Charles Martinet Makes an Amusing Vine Debut

Posted by Darren Calvert

That's not a swing you see every day!

The voice of Mario, Charles Martinet has recently set up an account on Vine where within the space of 24 hours he's already shared some awesomely creative micro-video clips. Using dancing figurines of Mario, Luigi and Wario he breathes live into his surroundings.

58 year old talented voice actor Martinet famously voices Mario in all of Nintendo's recent titles. In addition he is the voice behind Toadsworth, Waluigi, Cranky Kong as well as Mario & Luigi's baby forms.

Take a look at these mini masterpieces for yourself. These will auto-play, but to hear the sound you need to click the icon on the top left of each clip.

Of course Charles is no stranger to short but awesome video clips as demonstrated in the YouTube clip below which accompanied our interview with the great man from 2012.

Let us know what you think of these Vines below.

[via vine.co]

andrea987

andrea987 said:

For some reason I thought he used Mario to launch his own brand of wines... "Its'a me, Merlot!" Ahem, not that knowledgeable in social media, sorry.

Artwark

Artwark said:

I LOVE YOU CHARLES MARTINET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T EVER QUIT ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

THE FIRST ONE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChessboardMan

ChessboardMan said:

Huh? You're missing a juggler one? And there's something weird about the order, as clearly that Juggler one towards the bottom comes before the one higher up, and the Other juggler one not here, comes shortly before the earlier one…

mystman12

mystman12 said:

Nice! I just made an account on Vine, so I'll definitely follow him! I hope he does some Waluigi some time.

SurferClock

SurferClock said:

As if I didn't love Martinet's work already, he goes and gets himself a Vine. It's nice to see his work reach out to more candid settings so he can really let loose!

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Knowing that Martinet is walking around with Mario & Luigi toys in his pockets is a wonderful and adorable thought.

earthwormjimx3

earthwormjimx3 said:

I'm seriously glad of Charles having made it's Vine debut with videos of his stay here in Chile, where he surely had a fantastic time in the Festigame 2014 event and enjoyed playing with his Mario and Luigi (and Wario >~>) figures! :D

SethNintendo

SethNintendo said:

This guy is awesome but he is looking more aged than I would have thought for 58 (have a friend at work that is mid 50s but looks 40s). You would think he would still look like a baby with his voice acting skills.

dadajo

dadajo said:

I wonder how many stares he got when he was making random Mario and Luigi voices towards two figurines holding an iphone lol. These are awesome.

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

I'd be delighted if Charles' Vine updates made the Nintendolife news every day. Keep them coming!

chewytapeworm

chewytapeworm said:

And my wife bought that Boo shirt that Charles is wearing in the Youtube video at the bottom, and it just arrived this morning... Uncanny!

World

World said:

@SethNintendo That's what I was thinking! Despite the Hawaiian shirt, he looks like he must have either lots of stress in his life or some kind of serious health condition. I can't think of anyone that age who looks that old unless they smoke or something.

AK-1138

AK-1138 said:

Vine's not my cuppa tea (as if people's attention spans needed another level beneath ASDF), but Martinet is just such an awesome dude.

AshFoxX

AshFoxX said:

Wait till he gets his hands on his Amiibo figures... That is, if he ever gets tired of the prototype molds Nintendo no doubt gave to him ;)

PigmaskColonel

PigmaskColonel said:

I want an application on the Wii U and 3DS where you can just talk to Mario, Luigi, Wario and friends. Like a CleverBot sort of thing.

I love Charles martinet so muuuch!!!!

Xilef

Xilef said:

I met him in Sweden during the yearly Retro Gaming Fair. He was such a wonderful happy person! He talked about how gaming is so wonderful because it gives so much joy. He realy is the perfect voice for Mario.