Alphadia Genesis Set to Begin at the Beginning in North America

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Natsume releasing the RPG on Wii U eShop this Fall

Natsume has released more information on Alphadia Genesis, an upcoming RPG release that will hit consoles exclusively on the Wii U eShop.

According to the publisher, the story takes place 15 years after the Energi Wars, a torrid affair where clones were used as weapons. The kingdoms of Augustine and Archleign nearly wiped out each other and the natural resources of Energi during the war, but currently exist as co-operative neighbours after signing a peace treaty. We'll see how long that lasts during the course of the game.

Natsume also released the following rundowns of five of the game's playable characters, along with some screenshots. A sixth character is being withheld as a secret:

Fray is a member of the local guild in the Kingdom of Archleign, and a skilled swordsman; though he’s been invited to join the national army, he prefers the freedom of working on his own schedule. He has a younger sister, Aurra. His primary element is Fire.

Aurra, an early addition to the party, is an Energi researcher and an expert on clones from the recent Energi Wars. She worries about her brother, and wants to name clones after food. Her primary element is Light.

Enah, a clone accidentally activated by Fray, is a Model 2000, and more stable than the Model 1000. Wielding a deadly chakra, don't get between her and her master! Her primary element is Water.

Corone may look meek and demure, but her soft exterior and manners hide a core of steel! From the Kingdom of Augustine, she has been sent by her king to discover the mystery behind clones who have begun murdering their masters – but does she have an ulterior motive? Her primary element is Light.

Walter is the other member of the Augustine Kingdom investigation squad. He looks down on guild members like Fray, believing anyone with real talent should join their nation’s army. He’s very hot tempered and will squabble frequently with other party members. His primary element is Water.

Alphadia Genesis appears to possess a blatantly old-school sprite style for the standard world, but switches to polygonal 3D for battles. The game first saw light on mobile platforms and was originally announced as heading to the Wii U in June.

Does Alphadia Genesis stir a long-dormant desire for classic RPG battling, or has your interest ended before it even began? Let us know.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Have been super excited for this one for a while. Definitely getting it day one.

Discipledoctor

Discipledoctor said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one to have misunderstood the article title. I thought for a second that you meant the game takes place during the "beginning" of North America (whatever that means.)

Manaphy2007

Manaphy2007 said:

@Blast me too. good to hear its coming to wii u instead of 3ds even though i would be happy if it came to 3ds only for n.america

TheGoof

TheGoof said:

This game has been out in the US on smart phones already for awhile now ~_~
It's not the first time coming to the US... BUT i am still happy it's coming to Wii U, we DO need some JRPGs on it.

Windy

Windy said:

@Spoony_Tech This is a really good series. I wish it was coming to 3DS though. Really nice games! Im really glad to see more Kemco RPG's make it to either Wii-U or 3DS. Hopefully the price is right

SneakyStyle

SneakyStyle said:

Awesome, Looks quite promising, can't wait to buy it and try it out. If it comes to EU/AUS that is.

JusticeColde

JusticeColde said:

Very interested. I'll definitely be looking forward to its release.
Natsume makes some good stuff.

koelboel

koelboel said:

The pic gives me something of a Grandia-feeling. Loved those, Will probably go for this one too.

rjejr

rjejr said:

A little too old school for me, but it did remind me that the Rainbow Moon sequel Rainbow Skies is supposed to be out this year (Sony platforms), though I havent seen it mentioned snywhere since 2013.

Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh said:

The more RPGs the merrier for me. Glad to see some companies still care the tiniest bit about Wii U.

DiscoGentleman

DiscoGentleman said:

RPG = day one buy for me.
The characters and story are probably gonna be fairly cliché, but RPGs are slim pickings on the Wii U, so I'll bite anyway.

TTGlider

TTGlider said:

I'll consider it. If it has something over the Android port other, I'll consider it even more (like higher res character art, new quests, better music, etc).