Luigi Nendoroid Figure Up for Preorder

Posted by Tim Latshaw

In this, the Eternity of Luigi

That Luigi diorama offered on Club Nintendo is pretty sweet, but has having the coins or stars for it before preorders sold out been a pipe dream? Don't fret; other options exist. Cute options.

A 10-cm (3.9-inch) PVC Luigi Nendoroid figure is currently up for preorder on J-Box. The Man in Green is posable and comes with a set of expressions and accompaniments, including a warp pipe, Goomba, Bullet Bill, and dash clouds.

The preorder price is $49.50, with orders scheduled to ship in June. Would you like this mildly SD representation of Luigi in your collection? Let us know!

[via jbox.com, tinycartridge.com]

Gioku

Gioku said:

...As much as I'd like it, I think I'll be saving my $49.50 for something else...

Dave24

Dave24 said:

They want way too much for it - you can get 2 Luigis from McDonald's much cheaper ;)

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

That is pretty cute, love the art style, but $50 is simply just too much. If it was $20-$30, i'd bite.

Squid

Squid said:

I don't think $50 is really that bad, when you take into consideration how even higher quality figures run closer to $100. I probably won't get it, but maybe. I'm more interested in the Isabella Nendoroid!

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

Though this would make a great collector's item, I'm going to have to pass on it. I am collecting Funko POP figures, however, so if they made a Nintendo themed series, I would be all over it!

Powkitty4

Powkitty4 said:

Much to expensive id probably get one if they where much cheaper but at this price no way not gonna happen

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

@Gioku I only have 5 so far in my collection (3 being Adventure Time limited editions) and they are high quality figures. They also have a MLP series in case you're interested in looking into it. As for me, I'm just wainting for a Mario or Legend of Zelda set to "pop" up.

Gioku

Gioku said:

@KodyWB-98 Oh yeah, I definitely liked the Adventure Time ones! Those are probably what I'd want to get~

...the MLP ones might be nice too, though...

misanthropic

misanthropic said:

If you order him from a Japanese website that specializes in figures, such as Hobby Search or AmiAmi, he's actually only about $33 (depending on the exchange rate). Sites like jbox or other domestic online stores will tack on an extra 20/30 bucks. This will most likely be the same case for Link's WW nendoroid.

Ras

Ras said:

The Isabelle Nendoroid is awesome (in pictures, don't have it). They've got a new one coming out with her winter clothes on. Pretty good idea, having changeable expressions/poses.

KarateKid1234

KarateKid1234 said:

Good. This, Ryuko (not a nendroid) and the Isabelle Nendroid will go in store with my Figure Collection. I have all kinds of figures. Action Figures, Scale Figures, Nendroids, Figmas, and...toys.

Fun Fact: In December 2010, they released a Michael Jackson figma (figure).

Fun Fact 2: My favorite figure from goodsmile is Dark Pit. Except the fact that they're too lazy to make a Young Cricket and Ashley figure.

..These facts are not what YOU call, "fun" anymore, Karate: goodsmile supports Nintendo like crazy. They have all kinds of figures of nintendo characters. Link, Samus, Dark Pit, Pit, Luigi, Isabelle....and i'm throwing sonic in the mix even though he's not nintendo.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

got to agree 50 for it nah i would pass i thought maybe this would be in coins cheaper then the last one and that i would have a chance to get it but nope ._.

Despair1087

Despair1087 said:

Alot of these commenters are obviously not figure collectors. It's a pretty expensive hobbie.

Thats what nendoroids cost, unfortunately... Considering the amount of accessories, I thought it would be even more expensive.

I have several nendos and figmas so I can vouch for goodsmile, their products are superb. I recently dropped $70 on a nendoroid Attack on Titan playset and I regret NOTHING! :)

cause it's awesome.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Preordered already, and the Luigi's Mansion diorama is on its way! Luigi number one!

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

I wish they made a Figma of this and Mario. I have a great Super Smash Bros collection going on with Nintendo Figmas and D-Arts Pokemon and it's missing Nintendo's mascot. The Isabelle (Animal Crossing) Nendoroid is cute though and they are doing a Toon Link Nendoroid.

PrincessSugoi

PrincessSugoi said:

The retail price for this is actually around $35 if you buy it from a domestic retailer like CDJapan (of course, it'll then end up around $50 with shipping but still cheaper than it would be with an import service like Jbox).

I love the Nendoroid series, they're so cute! I got a Hatsune Miku one back in 2011 and a Homura Akemi one at an anime convention for a discount. I missed out on the one they made for Sonic's 20th anniversary though. :( Not really a Luigi fan though so even if I had the cash I wouldn't be getting this but it looks alright. :P