AeternoBlade Slashes Its Way To 3DS With New Trailer And Demo, Full Game Arrives 14th January

Posted by Christopher Costabile

3-Dimensional demon slashing has its day

Back in June, we reported that Corecell Technology's exciting new action sidescroller for 3DS, AeternoBlade, was turning to crowdfunding on Indiegogo. The small Thailand-based company responsible for a handful of Nintendo titles, including Wicked Monsters Blast for the Wii, seemed to be struggling to raise funds for its latest title.

Flash forward to today, and Corecell has not only successfully funded the game for 3DS, but has announced in a press release that AeternoBlade will be arriving fully formed on 14th January 2014, in both the United States and Europe.

If that isn't enough to please 3DS owners keen to embark on AeternoBlade's lavish demon-hunting, the company has also released a new trailer featuring plenty of sword-wielding gameplay set to a rocking soundtrack. European gamers will even get to try out the game well before its January release, as Corecell has decided to allow eager thumbs to preview the software via a game demo in the 3DS eShop from 12th December; the demo won't come to North America, unfortunately.

Corecell has indicated that a Japanese version of AeternoBlade will also be arriving in the not-too-distant future, under the title of Time Avenger. No official date was provided for this version, however.

Now that AeternoBlade has graced the world with a full-blown trailer and release date, what do you think of the game? Has it made your after-Christmas 3DS wishlist? Let us know in the comments section.

pepsiplunge

pepsiplunge said:

Well that came out of nowhere. I didn't think this game would come at all let alone in a little over a month with a demo in ten days.

SpookyMeths

SpookyMeths said:

Gameplay looks pretty fun. Setting and story looks like ultimate cheese. Guess that's not really important though lol.

ENDLESS VENGEANCE FOR YOUR PEOPLE JUSTICE

More 3DS side scrollers are always welcome.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

This looks surprisingly good — except for that horrid CG at the end. Will it be available only through the eShop or will there be a physical release?

Stu13

Stu13 said:

I'd give the demo a whirl if it were available in NA. Since it's not going to be, I'll probably pass on this.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

No demo = No purchase

What with Zelda, Bravely Default, Professor Layton, Sega 3D Classics, and Senran Kagura all being things I want to get, I can't imagine why I'd waste money on this.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

I don't like all that spam on the right hand side it is distracting. (Rare was the first to do that with Killer Instinct I think and is still just as annoying now as it was then).

Windy

Windy said:

I wonder what the Price point will be on this? I might pick up if it stays between 9.99 and 19.99 if its a retail download (29.99) I probably wont buy. Looks good though like a very good generic Castlevania

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

This looks better than I expected. Very reminiscent of Castlevania, if reviews are good I might check it out.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

Nice one for the demo, I`ll check this out on the 12th. I really enjoy this sort of game and hope it lives upto expectation.

Dash000

Dash000 said:

maybe if NA got a demo I would try it and maybe like and buy it, but since there isn't a demo, no way will this beat out the other 3ds games coming in 2014...

Nomad

Nomad said:

Cool! I'm glad this is getting a release soon, I've had my eye on this one since it was first announced. It looks a little niche and old school. I hope it turns out to be a good game.

Shambo

Shambo said:

Eshop only I guess? Hope I'm wrong! Looks good though, reminds me of the combat in Castlevania on 3ds, which I enjoyed quite a bit.