Video: What Happens When Mario 3D World Meets Mario Kart?

Posted by Damien McFerran

Mount Must Dash, that's what

If you read our Super Mario 3D World review yesterday then you'll no doubt be very excited indeed about getting your hands on the game when it launches soon. With that in mind, we'll be running a video every day right up to release, each showing one of the game's amazingly inventive levels.

First up is World 3-6, otherwise known as Mount Must Dash. As you can tell from the level design and the accompanying music, it's based on Super Mario Kart, with a focus on racing to the end of the course as quickly as possible. Check back tomorrow for another!

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

An obvious mustache pun is obvious. This is also the biggest Mario Kart reference in any mainstream Mario game.

I really look forward to playing this level in person this Friday!

rjejr

rjejr said:

So I saw that title and thought - "what are they going to do, run a post for every level?" - and then there it was - "we'll be running a video every day right up to release"

So is that the US or EU release? Not too many days until Friday :-)

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@SetupDisk Tom was Luigi, I was Mario. Luigi is the best character, which is why Tom looks more skilled.

That's my story and I'm damn well sticking to it.

NintendoLee

NintendoLee said:

@Damo Tom got screwed, he does the best all the way through and you steal the ending. Guess it really was like playing Mario Kart.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

@Damo
Don't be so modest! It was obviously a ruse to get to the flagpole first and reach the top. Well played.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

@ThomasBW84 is there more than one Mario kart themed level?. If not I hope they do some dlc for extras that would prove very popular during games night

WanderingPB

WanderingPB said:

Im sure the video's great but im waiting until i get the game this Thursday b4 watching any videos i jus dont want anything else spoiled im so excited i feel like a little kid on xmas eve!!

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

How about in the next game a course based on some of the crazy Mario Golf courses? Or one in which you do a run down of Mario cameos. Everything from the punch out ring to Mario Tennis to the Olympics!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Tasuki If it was Luigi (Ant) would be top of the flagpole as I (Mario) wheezed past the halfway stage of the course...

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Hmmm, spoiled me that surprise for when I played the game. Looks like an awesome reference BTW.

Laxiom

Laxiom said:

Did anyone else notice the pink fairy creature at the end of the stage, and how similar it is to the Subcon from Super Mario Bros 2

Liam_DoolanStaff

Liam_Doolan said:

This reminds me of the Aussie-made game, Raskulls. Also getting a weird Unirally (Uniracers) vibe. Can't wait!