New Adventure Time Game Receiving 3DS Collector's Edition

Posted by Tim Latshaw

BMO also serving as a guide in both Nintendo versions

How do you make Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! an even longer and more ridiculous title? By having Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!: The Collector’s Edition!

According to D3Publisher, the collector’s edition of the upcoming Adventure Time title will be exclusive to the 3DS version and feature the following goodies:

• a BMO (or Beemo, if you prefer) package design in a SteelBook case
  • a DVD with voice actor interviews, storyboard art from series creator Pendleton Ward and other attractions
  • “Finn and Jake’s Dungeon Guide,” a full-color, enhanced manual with maps and game tips
  • the game, because it would be tragic to forget it

The 3DS collector’s edition is slated to cost no more than standard gaming fare at $39.95.

Additionally, it was announced BMO will be making use of that extra screen in both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game in order to dispense advice, commentary and quips as you play. It’s like an electronic device capable of playing videogames will be telling you how to play your videogame through your electronic device capable of playing videogames while you play your videogame!

Are you interested in the collector’s edition of the upcoming Adventure Time? What do you think of the exclusive BMO feature? Feel free to sound off below.

Related Games

KingBoo01

KingBoo01 said:

Cool, but I already have pre-orders for a bunch of other games. Pokemon X and Y, Yoshi's New Island, and Super Smash Bros. have my money first. But, I may buy this later at some point, if I can find it.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Argh, now I want the 3DS version! If it has download play I'll get the collector's edition, if not I'll have to get it on Wii U. It seems like the sort of game that's best in multiplayer.

Syrup

Syrup said:

Totally getting this. it'll go nicely with my Enchiridion SteelBook case from the first game.

Rafie

Rafie said:

Sweet deal. Now that I see this, I'm hoping for a Regular Show game. :)

NImH

NImH said:

Yeah, BMO will live happily alongside the Enchiridion for all time in my collection.
@Rafie it's already happening...developed by Wayforward as well.

Birthday_Boy

Birthday_Boy said:

I think I might get both :D
I was told this improves on the Bubblegum Origin story from Simon and Marcy :D

Lionhart

Lionhart said:

This is very nice indeed but I'm not buying it because it's not a sidescroller like the first Adventure Time game. The art style on this game looks terrible. Instead I'll be buying Regular Show 3DS.

1upsuper

1upsuper said:

Bought the CE of the first game and really was not impressed at all. I enjoyed my playthrough of Zelda II much more. That said, I'll keep my eye on this one in case it shapes up better, as I love a good CE. <__<

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

Honestly, being that I played Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our Garbage?!! and the game being developed by Wayforward, I'm thrilled for this.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Will preorder asap! We have the first one on 3DS but didn't grab the CE for it. It's great! My son will love it also

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Am I the only one who thinks it was really the Wii U version which needed the push?

Shambo

Shambo said:

@ricklongo Nope, so do I. This brings me in doubt on which version to get... It may depend on download-play, since I'll play this multiplayer with my girlfriend.

Dyltheman

Dyltheman said:

maybe ill get this for the wii u after christmas. its a kids game, so should get cheap real quick.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

I love the idea of the tip book. It reminds me of the guide books you would get in the 80's or 90's.

Doge

Doge said:

mmmm i dunno. I might treat it like Game & Wario. Get all the well known games, THEN get Adventure time.