Link to the Past Sequel Officially Named The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Posted by Orla Madden

New trailer confirms the name

As always, Nintendo is full of surprises. Following the company's E3 Nintendo Direct broadcast, it uploaded a new trailer for the highly anticipated sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

What's most interesting about this trailer, is that it confirms the name to the upcoming game, so we no longer have to call it A Link to the Past 2; it goes by the official name of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

Check out the trailer below for more footage on the game. A release date has yet to be announced, but it's safe to say it's already high on our wish-list. As always, let us know your thoughts in the comment section.

EpicNavi

EpicNavi said:

I'd much rather have a trailer for Zelda WiiU. :/ Still, I'm looking forward to this.

KAHN

KAHN said:

i wish that worm boss isnt in the final game. it's a good boss, but i want original bosses, not what i've already fought before! also i like the new stamina/magic bar design.

JimLad

JimLad said:

If they released this for WiiU, I would buy a WiiU.
Fact.
Seriously, screw the Wind Waker rehash, PORT THIS INSTEAD!

rjejr

rjejr said:

I don't know much about the original or this sequel, but I had to come give kudos to Nintendo for the title, I was half expecting LoZ: A Link to the Past 3DS.

"A Link Between Worlds" really gives it that adventure feel.

idork99

idork99 said:

Nintendo Direct = Underwhelmed

This = (insert secret Zelda jingle here)

This, and Smash, are by far the only big hits on my radar. Here's to hoping that TLoZ: ALbW is as creative as the original that inspired it!

(I also hope that it can be even longer than the original in terms of dungeons and areas to explore :p)

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

I'm a bit on the fence for this one.... I wasn't a big fan of the original ALttP, and this looks VERY similar... however, this does look pretty good. I'm just worried I'll be sick of 2D Zelda by the time this comes out, with the Oracle games and my planned replay of Link's Awakening. I'd much prefer a full, 3D Zelda on 3DS, but I'll just hope that something like that comes down the line later on in the 3DS's life cycle.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

@EpicNavi Why would they have a trailer ready when they've made it obviously that it's still quite a ways off? :/ It's why we have Wind Waker HD, haha.

Stark_Nebula

Stark_Nebula said:

@LtAldoRaine That's exactly what I thought.
This game should be quite interesting. It fits the bill for me too, as I played ALTTP on the GBA, so a handheld sequel is just right. Now all I need is a 3DS...

SLiM

SLiM said:

The trailer is amazing! I know where $40 of my money will be going this winter.

Shworange

Shworange said:

I'm assuming its a link between hyrule and the dark world (by the triforce logo). I want dark world footage.

LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni said:

Looks great. I am a little worried about the screen being "zoomed in" a bit too much but this trailer looks better than the others that I have seen.

Sondheimist

Sondheimist said:

It's a sequel to my favorite game. I'll get it Day 1.

The title actually doesn't do much for me, but I'll get over it.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

It would be neat if they released some dlc for the game like some old 2d zeldas remade, but then again we got vc so I guess not.

-Crystalline-

-Crystalline- said:

Hmmm, I'd rather have them stop applying the whole cartoon'ish look to handheld Zelda games. A much more darker and challenging environment is what I want, but I'm still happy with what we have so far, nonetheless. Still, I hope its level of difficulty is as high as ALTTP's

GuardianKing

GuardianKing said:

The name lacks a certain flow to it.

"a Link between Worlds" sound very dry and cuts too early. Maybe something like "A Link Between New Worlds" or "A Link Between Two Worlds" would sound better?

Again, minor linguistic complaint. I'm still stocked for this though :)

LordGeovanni

LordGeovanni said:

@John-San3
I agree. But I would actually like to see some sprite games. The post-WW Handheld Zelda games came off a bit "gimmicky" to me. (Leaf pinwheel, I'm looking at you)

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

The name is so-so. I like it that it immediately harkens back to ALttP, but it just doesn't roll off the tonge as smoothly.

That said, I obviously couldn't be more excited for this. :)

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

This Link is probably the most heroic Link ever to date. Hes been through 5 adventures and beaten not taken a proper break.

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

Now that is a terrible name. Just doesn't fit right off the tongue. I'm sure it'll grow on my eventually.

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

So, it's Zelda: ALBW then? :D
Hmm... Maybe the Triforce created some kind of a ripple effect at the end of ALttP affecting the golden realm in an unexpected way?

Moshugan

Moshugan said:

@Marakuto You said it!
A Link to the Past, Oracles of Ages and Seasons, Link's Awakening and now this!
Wonder if this game takes place after Link's Awakening or before the Oracles?

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I love that Nintendo hasn't abandoned the top-down approach to Zelda games. This is going to be awesome.

GamerZack7

GamerZack7 said:

GamerZack7 is gob-smacked!
GamerZack7: OW! My mouth! But what an impressive game! It even has the sound effects from the previous title! :O

But what happened to Link's purple dye-job?!

PuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7 said:

From the short trailer of the game, I can already tell it is going to be epic! Now, if only it was released as a 3DS XL bundle...

Make it happen Nintendo!

Zeldalover

Zeldalover said:

Looks like Nintendo ran out of ideas. This is simply a new rendition of that same world you were exploring in ALttP. Nintendo has lost their touch. I have to be honest with that statement.