Shiro Games Discuss Bringing Evoland To Nintendo Systems Regularly

Posted by Andy Green

A decision has not yet been made

Evoland - which takes a vast amount of inspiration from The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy - is currently available on PC and is coming to iOS too in the near future. There's been no word about it ever making the leap over to the console market, but its developer Shiro Games has now said it's considering bringing it to Nintendo's systems.

In an interview with Destructoid, Shiro Games CEO Sebastien Vidal said the company would like to bring Evoland to Nintendo's systems and has spoken to the Japanese giant about the possibility of doing so.

However, there may be a few stumbling blocks stopping it from happening:

It is quite a bit of work from a technology and UI standpoint, though. On top of that, we have already started working (a bit) on our next game. The only thing I can say is that we are discussing the possibility regularly, but we don't know if it will happen or not at this point.

According to Vidal, Nintendo is "quite keen" on having Evoland available on its hardware, but his studio hasn't yet made a decision on the best way forward.

We said we would talk again after the release when we'll have more time to decide where we're going next. We didn't discuss 3DS, Wii U or anything else, so it's just early discussions.

If it ever does happen it would likely end up in either the Wii U or 3DS eShop - possibly even both.

Would you like to see Evoland on a Nintendo console? Check out the trailer for it below and let us know what you think to it.

[via destructoid.com]

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

OH MY!!!

Graphics and gameplay style of both action and turn-based RPGS from the origins to modern era, Such a simple and yet so amazing concept! ^O^
Now I really got why the title "Evoland" XD

I'm interested, really interested, ack, I would even dare to say it would be a instant download from me if it will ever get to 3DS! :)

the_truth

the_truth said:

So they're thinking of regularly bringing this game to Nintendo systems. Are they going to release it every week or something?

Windy

Windy said:

This Looks really cool and what a Great Idea! I'm going to hope we see this on 3DS.

Mulder1617

Mulder1617 said:

Wow! You guys are a day behind or a couple of hours behind as usual on the news. I knew about this like the other day. lol!

Mulder1617

Mulder1617 said:

I'm playing the PC version too. Its pretty cool. I wish it would have stayed in the old 8 bit portion longer though.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

It was good, but it wasn't very long, and the story was lame. Atlus should take this concept and do what they always do and turn it into a lengthy amazing spectacular game!

Icefreak45

Icefreak45 said:

The trailer brought a smile to my face! Seeing it switch from 2d to 3d, what a excellent idea :) Would be happy to play this on my 3ds ^^

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

My heads going to explode from all this RPG love!!! Really hoping this lands on the 3ds!!

Ultra64

Ultra64 said:

I would buy this in a heart beat~ I love the idea of a game evolving as you play. Looks fantastic as well.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

That looks pretty cool, I really like the idea of a game that changes gameplay and art styles like that. Heres hoping it comes to Nintendo platforms someday.

FineLerv

FineLerv said:

Please do. And add gamepad-only mode so my wife doesn't get annoyed at having to watch me play turn-based combat!

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

No more! I can't take this onslaught of cool games I'll buy but are unlikely to be completed!
EIther platform or both is fine - just give me time to get over my new-found love of JRPGs and RPG beat'em ups first :)

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

as much as this game intrigues me, it all feels quite tenuous at this time.

Rekiotsu

Rekiotsu said:

YES YES YES! I would definitely like this game to come both Wii U and 3DS. It just looks so awesome.

T1m1

T1m1 said:

Yeah, i would definitely play this if it were on the Wii U, The gameplay reminds me of Magic of Scheherazade for the NES as that game both had turn based and real time combat.

twistedbee

twistedbee said:

Is there someplace we can go to show support for Nintendo versions? I would really like to play it on WiiU or 3ds, I think it would be a good fit.

Reala

Reala said:

Played a little over an hour of it and as a Zelda and classic FF fan its been amazing so far, just wish it had gamepad support on PC.

bofis

bofis said:

I would buy this on the eshop in a heartbeat, and then upgrade that pixely heart to a 3d one :-)

Windy

Windy said:

I think im going to download this on PC and give it a play before I pay kind of deal. sounds great would love to see it on 3DS