Pokémon Black & White 2 Owners Can Catch Deoxys In May

Posted by Tim Latshaw

From the comfort of your own Wi-Fi

Legendary DNA Pokémon Deoxys will be made available to English language copies of Pokémon Black & White 2 from 8th May until the 31st May.

Players will be able to snag Deoxys in all its Level 100 glory through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Once acquired, Nacrene City will be the place to alter Deoxys between its Normal, Attack, Defense and Speed Formes.

The event coincides with the premier of a powerful Deoxys card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game; part of the Black & White - Plasma Freeze expansion also set for release in the US on 8th May.

According to Serebii, further information on this crossover event is expected at a later date.

Are you looking forward to picking up the adaptable legendary? What about the card game expansion? Let us know in the comments section below.

From the web

Xilef said:

Actually, you can get this event on the original B/W as well.

UNC5052 said:

I'm disappointed that it is level 100 and that it is just given without having to battle it and catch it.

RudysaurusRex said:

Sweetcakes. So excited to get one of these suckers. I was waiting for a new event, and this is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Emaan said:

Nice! In all my love for Generation 3, I never once had the achievement of getting Deoxys. Once I get this, I'll be one small step closer to catching them all~

sinalefa said:

So that means I can get one for my Black 1 and one for my White 2? That is great news indeed.

antipop621 said:

I can't get online with these games because of my new WPA internet security thing. Can someone tell me how I can get my DSi online again from home?

SCAR said:

Finally. This is the only Pokemon my brother is missing. He has all legit Pokemon that aren't cheated. We don't roll with action replay.

Morpheel said:

Yay! Now I'll have a Deoxys!

It's funny but I actually got Meloetta because I randomly happened to be in a gamestop in the united states during that event.

Wheels2050 said:

Ah, awesome! I only started playing Pokemon recently, so I missed out on all events pre-BW. This will get me 1 step closer to a full Pokedex

Mida said:

Sadly, 99% that do get it can't use it correctly. (No EV train, random IVs, horrible moves, etc)

GamerZack87 said:

The only products I tend to get from each Pokémon TCG expansion are theme decks. That reminds me, I still need to collect the ones from Boundaries Crossed and Plasma Storm!

As for the Deoxys event...sweet!

sillygostly said:

So now the only Pokemon that I am yet to obtain legitimately is Celebi (they didn't bother to bring the Wi-Fi event to Australia).

FernandoMachado said:

not a poke-fan here but i don't get these rare pokemons given out as freebies... they should distribute a QUEST to allow you to battle and capture the pokemon.

Xilef said:

@Mida Actually, lv 100 Pokemon in Gen 5 can be EV trained and you could just change moves. IVs are the only things you won't have much control over (although i think you could just soft-reset for bether, i don't think they are set in stone for events).

Azaris said:

oh common this is like the third deoxys event. five pokemon like celebii events at least...

MasterWario said:

@UNC5052 I third that as well, although it's not like I've been playing much Pokemon recently anyways. Finally though, I can get Deoxys legitimately. Seems like Deoxys and Jirachi are the two hardest Pokemon to get, since they can't be obtained in-game, haven't been released recently, and thus don't have many events. On a side note, it seems I missed the Meloetta event at Gamestop...I totally forgot!

@sillygostly Ah yes, Celebi as well is difficult to obtain.

mookysam said:

I never got deoxys originally so this brings me one step closer to completely filling the national dex. And it's over wi-fi! I hate the events where you have to go to GAME.

xinoeph said:

This is perfect. One of my absolute faves even though I've never used it before :3

DiabolicalSoup9 said:

I agree. I'm kinda getting sick of being given Pokes from events without having to fufill some sort requirements. Otherwise, this will definitely help me in my Pokedex quest. 517/649--›518/649 legit btw