Pokémon Black & White 2 Owners Can Catch Deoxys In May

Posted by Tim Latshaw

From the comfort of your own Wi-Fi

Legendary DNA Pokémon Deoxys will be made available to English language copies of Pokémon Black & White 2 from 8th May until the 31st May.

Players will be able to snag Deoxys in all its Level 100 glory through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Once acquired, Nacrene City will be the place to alter Deoxys between its Normal, Attack, Defense and Speed Formes.

The event coincides with the premier of a powerful Deoxys card in the Pokémon Trading Card Game; part of the Black & White - Plasma Freeze expansion also set for release in the US on 8th May.

According to Serebii, further information on this crossover event is expected at a later date.

Are you looking forward to picking up the adaptable legendary? What about the card game expansion? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via serebii.net, siliconera.com]

Xilef

Xilef said:

Actually, you can get this event on the original B/W as well.

UNC5052

UNC5052 said:

I'm disappointed that it is level 100 and that it is just given without having to battle it and catch it.

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

Sweetcakes. So excited to get one of these suckers. I was waiting for a new event, and this is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Emaan

Emaan said:

Nice! In all my love for Generation 3, I never once had the achievement of getting Deoxys. Once I get this, I'll be one small step closer to catching them all~

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

So that means I can get one for my Black 1 and one for my White 2? That is great news indeed.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

I can't get online with these games because of my new WPA internet security thing. Can someone tell me how I can get my DSi online again from home?

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Finally. This is the only Pokemon my brother is missing. He has all legit Pokemon that aren't cheated. We don't roll with action replay.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Yay! Now I'll have a Deoxys!

It's funny but I actually got Meloetta because I randomly happened to be in a gamestop in the united states during that event.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Ah, awesome! I only started playing Pokemon recently, so I missed out on all events pre-BW. This will get me 1 step closer to a full Pokedex :D

Mida

Mida said:

Sadly, 99% that do get it can't use it correctly. (No EV train, random IVs, horrible moves, etc)

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

The only products I tend to get from each Pokémon TCG expansion are theme decks. That reminds me, I still need to collect the ones from Boundaries Crossed and Plasma Storm! :o

As for the Deoxys event...sweet! :)

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

So now the only Pokemon that I am yet to obtain legitimately is Celebi (they didn't bother to bring the Wi-Fi event to Australia).

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

not a poke-fan here but i don't get these rare pokemons given out as freebies... they should distribute a QUEST to allow you to battle and capture the pokemon.

Xilef

Xilef said:

@Mida Actually, lv 100 Pokemon in Gen 5 can be EV trained and you could just change moves. IVs are the only things you won't have much control over (although i think you could just soft-reset for bether, i don't think they are set in stone for events).

Azaris

Azaris said:

oh common this is like the third deoxys event. five pokemon like celebii events at least...

MasterWario

MasterWario said:

@UNC5052 I third that as well, although it's not like I've been playing much Pokemon recently anyways. :P Finally though, I can get Deoxys legitimately. Seems like Deoxys and Jirachi are the two hardest Pokemon to get, since they can't be obtained in-game, haven't been released recently, and thus don't have many events. On a side note, it seems I missed the Meloetta event at Gamestop...I totally forgot!

@sillygostly Ah yes, Celebi as well is difficult to obtain.

mookysam

mookysam said:

I never got deoxys originally so this brings me one step closer to completely filling the national dex. And it's over wi-fi! I hate the events where you have to go to GAME.

xinoeph

xinoeph said:

This is perfect. One of my absolute faves even though I've never used it before :3

DiabolicalSoup9

DiabolicalSoup9 said:

@FernandoMachado

I agree. I'm kinda getting sick of being given Pokes from events without having to fufill some sort requirements. Otherwise, this will definitely help me in my Pokedex quest. 517/649--›518/649 legit btw