Ace Attorney Collection for 3DS Has Been Proposed "Many Times" at Capcom

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We should "hang in there"

While the 3DS has seen some notable franchises carry across from its predecessor, the DS, one that hasn't done so in the West is Ace Attorney. Japan has been enjoying Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney since late last year, while Ace Attorney 5 is expected in the same region later this year; alas, localisation hasn't even been confirmed for these titles as yet.

While we certainly hope to see these arrive outside of Japan eventually, some may wonder whether there's an opportunity to bundle up the broad range of DS releases as a compilation on 3DS — especially as some of the original games can be hard to find or relatively expensive to pick up. A fan pitched that question on the Capcom Unity forums, and regular liaison Christian Svensson — Corporate Officer/Senior Vice-President at Capcom — gave the following response.

I have proposed this many times over the past two years... no news yet though.

Hang in there.

It seems that he's certainly keen, and words along the lines of "hang in there" have been used often during long absences of Western updates for franchises such as Monster Hunter. Could this Ace Attorney collection be a genuine prospect? Let us know whether you'd like it to become a reality in the comments below.

[via siliconera.com, capcom-unity.com]

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Hm. I've never played Ace Attoney, might get this is it ever gets made. I do want to play an Ace Attorney before Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney comes out.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I actually have them all except Apollo Justice so far, but If this becomes reality I implore everyone yet to experience these games to do so!

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

I wouldn't buy it.
I already have all 5 English DS games. There's no point buying them again for a console I can already play them on.

Unless AAI 2 was translated and included in the package. Then I'd be all over it.

buzzn

buzzn said:

Even though I played all of the games and even the spin offs, if they release the first three as a trilogy with some added content perhaps, I would be MORE than glad to give them my money. I seriously love Ace Attorney, the 3rd one especially brought me to tears at one point, such an engaging story.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I have them all, but I'd love to Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney & Ace Attorney 5 come to the US.

roryscott

roryscott said:

I have played them all but having them all in one package would be quite handy! I really hope we hear of a localisation soon for the upcoming titles as well! Ace Attorney is definitely my favourite video game series and I encourage everyone to give them a try! :D

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

What I don't understand is if Capcom is scared about profit losses from selling certain games then just give it a text translation and make it digital only release. It's nearly impossible to lose money by doing so, as the largest risk of loss comes from manufacturing. I still don't understand why they don't do this for Edgeworth 2.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

It really shouldn't be difficult. They already brought the first trilogy to iOS in HD.

crumpledpapyrusStaff

crumpledpapyrus said:

If there are any extra features I'd pick it up for sure! Ace Attorney Investigations 2 wouldn't go amiss either!

Chrno-x

Chrno-x said:

2 titles of Miles Edgeworth Investigations on 3DS and they can count me in! :D

TrueWiiMaster

TrueWiiMaster said:

I'm not sure if I'd prefer a 3DS collection, or an HD re-release on the Wii U eshop. I guess the latter's probably less likely though.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'd be pretty happy if they released a collection on the 3DS or Wii U. I played an Ace Attorney demo a while back and was pretty impressed with the game. I have hope!

Taya

Taya said:

I own all the DS games and I bought them again on the Wii.

And I'd still buy a 3DS collection. This is the one series that I will buy over and over and not even be sorry.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Well... considering there are also the Wii releases, this is not the hardest serie to find I think ^_^; (at least for the original trilogy of course)

Anyway, even if I love the serie, replay all the games requires a lot of time and I'm more keen to spend time with new games then replay old ones.

Then again... If such collection will ever be make with some strong revolution (completly new graphics, new chapters or such) I will have an hard time... it would be a huge temptetion!!! O_O;;;

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

I have only played the first one and loved it but never got around to playing the others. If capcom did this, they would have my money day one.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

I'm pretty sure Ace Attorney 5 has already been confirmed to be coming overseas eventually, so I'm not terribly worried about that. Not bringing over Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney would be a huge mistake, too. I can't imagine that it would stay a Japan-exclusive.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

I would be pretty happy if they did bring these over since the games appeal to me quite a bit. Although I have never played them before this could be my chance to try these games out.

Magikarp3

Magikarp3 said:

I only have the first, and I can't find the second anywhere (although the others are readily available). I'd much prefer to go in order so that I don't accidentally spoil myself though

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

I have all of the games already, but if they released this, I would buy this. It would be fun to play through them again, with possible 3DS enhancements. And purchasing this would send a message to Capcom that Ace Attorney is still popular in the west.

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

Considering that I am very fond of law, it's a wonder I've never played the Ace Attorney games... I've always been meaning to try them, but I never had the opportunity as of yet. If they released them on 3DS, I'd almost certainly buy it.

Fillytase

Fillytase said:

I already own 2 of them and plan to buy AA3 soon. Don't need a collection, myself. But the prices of the individual games are quite high for how old they are, so a collection does make sense.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Capcom deserves to die and I hope they burn ****.

@25: Yeah, you know what else was already confirmed for US release? Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3. Confirmed for release means nothing when it comes to Capcom. Until Ace Attorney 5 is on store shelves, it's best to assume that Capcom isn't bringing it to the US no matter what they actually say.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Ace Attorney is one of the few series where I'd be all over a compilation, despite already having each game in the series (AAI2 excepted).

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Atlus can do this with Devil Survivor but Capcom cannot find the funds to do it? Sounds fishy.

ditto9

ditto9 said:

I'd personally LOVE a collection - I'm always misplacing one in the series and it's always the one I want to play (right now I have no clue where TnT is despite the rest of them being in my case) - I'd be all over this.
Plus remembering how hard it is to actually own the entire collection of English versions of the game suggests that this would be a good idea for those poor souls who used to be in my position - going in game shops every day to try and find a pre-owned copy (and even then they were never under £20 each).
However rest assured people that Capcom HAVE confirmed Ace Attorney 5 in English - so you maybe should edit the article :)

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

@mjc0961 Whoa, whoa! Settle down there, pilgrim. I was just saying what's already been reported. This article contradicted that report, so I had to point it out.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Untitled

Untitled

OBJECTION CAPCOM, THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA FOR THE 3DS, MANY PEOPLE HAVEN'T PLAYED ANY OF THE GAMES, SO IF YOU DID THIS, THEN PEOPLE WILL BUY IT!!!!!

But yeah, this would be great for people who might have missed one of the games (or all of them), or just want to carry all the games with them on one cartridge.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'd be happy if they brought over Ace Attorney Investigations 2, the only one I haven't played. Otherwise I've already got all the DS ones. Oh & hurry up & bring over Professor Layton X Ace Attorney & Ace Attorney 5 please! :D

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

If the did release a collection for 3DS with all 4 main Attorney games,and the 2 Investigation games,the world would be a better place.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I already have all the Ace Attroney games that were released in the west for the DS. I want Edgeworth 2.

Cygnus

Cygnus said:

> Easy money for capcom with a re-release

> They're not taking it

What the hell capcom. You release a new version of every other game you have every 8-12 months but you won't go Ace Attorney?!