Zen Pinball 2 Release Date Arriving "Any Day Now"

Posted by Damien McFerran

Don't panic, it's still coming

Zen Pinball 2 developer Zen Studios has taken steps to assure fans that the Wii U version of the game is still on course for release.

Originally expected back in December, the launch slipped to January - but there's still no sign of the game as yet.

We know what you're thinking - delays of this kind can only mean one thing: development troubles.

However, when asked about the game's absence on Twitter, Zen Studios replied:

One might assume that the delay is down to problems between Zen Studios and Nintendo - seeing as this is the Wii U's first free-to-play download - but that's not the case, apparently. Another tweet was replied to by Zen Studios with:

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for pinball perfection on the Wii U eShop!

[via twitter.com]

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

So a January release is out of the question. i'm really disappointed, ive been waiting for this game since the Wii U launch.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

Well, my GamePad is gone for a few weeks now, so it doesn't matter too much for me when it comes out. (curse you eShop for only allowing GamePads to browse you!)

BenAV

BenAV said:

Good to know it'll be arriving soon.
I'm not desperate to play it, but I am looking forward to just having it on my system.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

The 3DS Zen Pinball turned me into a huge fan of pinball so I am so looking forward to this game, instant buy for me !

BenAV

BenAV said:

@Mk_II That's Tech101's job (well, if/when he gets a Wii U). :P
The best I can really hope for is top scores in Australia (considering I still seem to hold two of them in the 3DS game even though I haven't played in forever).

Zemus-DJ

Zemus-DJ said:

I for one would live Zen to make some Nintendo DLC boards :) but for the love of aliens but them on 3DS too :P

ajcismo

ajcismo said:

Love me some pinball. Instant download as soon as its live. I'd rather they're late releasing the game to make sure its perfect than push it out too soon and its buggier than a bait shop.

Kohaku

Kohaku said:

Let's hope it will be next week but I have my doubts about playing pinball on the Wii U before there are 3 more weeks gone.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

i would love zen to make a mario pinball 2.
i liked the original gba version, but i know that not every body else did, so i hope zen would make a great game if they decided to take it on.

SuperCharlie78

SuperCharlie78 said:

Pinball perfection, this is it!
Can't wait... and what about some Nintendo themed tables, Zen Studios?

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

I can't wait to get it. If there is gonna be any nintendo themed tables then metroid ones would be the most interesting ones whiles the zelda ones would be the most bland ones (this is coming from someone who loves the zelda series) but zen studios could prove me wrong (and I hope they do).

Everly

Everly said:

On the 14th they tweeted they hoped to have a date by the end of that week. Personally I see myself playing the Monster Hunter Demo before any Zen tables.

Everly

Everly said:

@Zemus-DJ There is a thread in the Zen Studio forums where you can vote for which table you would most like to see made from a Nintendo franchise.

IanNoog

IanNoog said:

I seriously cannot wait for this game. I played the demo for Marvel Pinball on the 3DS, and I downloaded some demo on 360, but besides that, I've never played the actual game. It looks brilliant. Day 1 purchase with at least 4 boards! :)

asusanto

asusanto said:

I own this downloadable games and DLC for PS3. Totally addicted if you are pinball fans ! I play so many hrs into it.