Expect More Conduit News Before The End of 2012

Posted by Damien McFerran

High Voltage teases new developments in the FPS series

High Voltage Software has revealed that another instalment in the Conduit series is on its way.

Answering fan questions on the GameFAQs message boards, a company representative had this to say:

We haven't forgotten about Conduit over here...I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

The Conduit launched on the Wii back in 2009. We deemed it "solid FPS experience for Wii owners." Conduit 2 followed in 2011, which we thought was "mess of undercooked ideas and impotent execution." Oh dear.

Interesting, the topic of High Voltage Software's long-delayed titles The Grinder and Animales de la Muerte (bet you've forgotten about those, right?) also cropped up:

Question: What about some original HVS games I've heard about, like The Grinder [and] Animales de la Muerte?

Answer: As usual, there are things we're not ready to talk about...but you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

[via gamefaqs.com]

Obvious78

Obvious78 said:

Wauw...The grinder fps on the Wii U? I am not a fan of The Conduit, but would love to see what HVS does with those games on the Wii U platform!

erv

erv said:

Good games means I buy, bad games means I'll pass.

Easy, isn't it?

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

Hell yes, Conduit 2 is an incredible game. Despite its flaws the controls are still the best in any FPS to date, and the single player campaign is hilarious.

Wii U is a great opportunity for High Voltage, because we saw with Wii that bigger developers were too stupid to figure out how that "weird thing you point with" makes a good controller for SHOOTING. They know how to get the most out of hardware.

luminalace

luminalace said:

While I would still consider a purchase on a Conduit 3 on Wii U, I suspect the news is more likely to be Conduit 2 on 3DS. I actually liked the 1st game and the 2nd had potential but ultimately bored me to death.

King_Boo

King_Boo said:

I hope it's an invasion mode for eshop that's all new. They really would need to prove to me that the next game isn't a buggy mess before I'd buy it.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I liked the Conduit series, so whatever they make will be a buy for me.

Lan

Lan said:

I recently found out they made the Lego Racing game on N64. I loved that game.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Conduit 3D?
Conduit Wii U.

Conduit 3 the Return.
Conduit 78 Ford be Back.

Conduit 69 trying not to rip off Duke Nukem,with the same annoying voice actor.

leon_x

leon_x said:

Conduit 2 was a great game, but it´s story was lame. But I really like the gameplay.

I hope for conduit 3 for wii or wiiU

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

I think they mentioned Conduit 3DS last year, I think I read it in ONM.
Also, Conduit 2 is miles better than Conduit.
I also think the Grinder will be moved to Wii U.

PokeTune

PokeTune said:

Loved The Conduit didn`t feel as good about Conduit 2.Hopefully Conduit 3(if it ever becomes true) is more like The Conduit.

Neram

Neram said:

I'll pass thank you. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Which High Voltage did, so shame on me.

romulux

romulux said:

@Grubdog i don't think the controls were very good at all. goldeneye and mw3 both topped conduit 2 in customization options, easily. toggling to ADS? no max turn zones? no separate ADS options? when the company that put wiimote customization on the map is getting beaten at their own game by call of duty ports, they're ****ing up.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Guess Grinder is going to be ported to Wii U. So much for those Wii results.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Quite simply we don't need High Voltage on Wii u! We only need the GOOD developers!

RonF

RonF said:

Despite the uninspired level design, I kind of liked The Conduit as there weren't many quality shooters by the time it was released. In the other hand, I hated the artistic direction and humorous tone of Conduit 2. Considering, many HD shooters will be ported to the Wii U, I guess HVS will have a hard time to sell a sequel.

OptometristLime

OptometristLime said:

Put me in the camp that enjoyed the original.
(And detested the sequel) :/

Still if they can deliver a quality experience, the Conduit is still an enticing proposition to me. :)

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

While Conduit 2 still has some flaws, it's miles better than the first game and the best online multiplayer FPS on Wii after all the patches were released (it's far from a buggy mess and extremely balanced online thanks to those patches). I hope we eventually see Conduit 3 in some form, especially after the cliffhanger at the end of the Conduit 2 story.

@romulux Keep in mind that ADS isn't very important in the Conduit games. Unlike Goldeneye where you're basically required to use ADS to get any kind of decent accuracy, most of the weapons in the Conduit series are designed to function better solely shooting from the hip. (Heck, the majority of the weapons don't even have an ADS option.) I will admit that it could've used a few more customization options, plus local multiplayer players other than the host are only allowed a severely nerfed set of customization options, while the Classic Controller controls are poorly implemented (although dual analog controls suck in comparison to Wiimote shooting, anyway).

Gameday

Gameday said:

Oh my the possibilities these days. Never touched the game on wii but ive seen enough just never got around to it sadly but seeing this im sure alot of peeps are fired up ? :)

supermonkey117

supermonkey117 said:

great game though the first one online there were players that couldn't die and rocket launcher was shooting 3 rockets at a time dont know how many people have seen that but its annoying but still an awesome game and conduit 2 i never got the patches so i missed out so i have heard. so now that i don't have my wii any more cant play it. so this is really good news for me i cant wait to get this on my 3ds hope it plays like metroid prime hunters campaign on ds i miss that game.

maisel97

maisel97 said:

I love the conduit series because of its gameplay and weapons like the black hole gun thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd installment in the series is on both Wii U and 3ds. Or at least 2 different games. I also wouldn't be surprised if the game is able to have multiplayer with 3ds via Wii U. Nintendo did mention that idea before the 3ds was released.

spainvasion

spainvasion said:

HI all,
what happened to this? "Expect More Conduit News Before The End of 2012"
I have not heard anything about the conduit and tomorrow is the last day of the year?
what a joke