Code of Princess Shows Off Its Competitive Side

Posted by Damien McFerran

Face off against friends and enemies

Forthcoming 3DS RPG brawler Code of Princess has already displayed its cooperative side in a previous trailer, but publisher Atlus is keen to stress there's some less harmonious elements to the game, too - as the new 'Versus' video proves.

The game comes from the same team that made the sublime Guardian Heroes for the Sega Saturn way back in the '90s - a game which contained an insanely enjoyable battle mode where players could kick the seven shades out of one another. We're pleased as punch that this spiritual sequel is going to offer the same kind of gameplay.

Code of Princess is due for release on 9th October in North America. A European release has yet to be confirmed, but our fingers are so tightly crossed that they've started to turn a funny black colour. Is that normal?

[via youtube.com]

NightSmoke

NightSmoke said:

I think this one looks good. Music is sounding pretty exciting. Got it on preorder.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

For some reason, I never get bored of looking at Code of Princess artwork. :O The lovely Solange aside, it's been a long time since I've played a good medieval Final Fight-style game (it was probably King of Dragons & Knights of the Round). This looks like it'll fill that void. :)

Phle

Phle said:

Please come on European release confirmation! I want this!

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

I have had my preorder since the first day they were up, This trailer explains why.

KAHN

KAHN said:

perviness is the reason this game this game is getting half the sales it will get (have you seen the amount of people that will "pre-order" this game?). me? i have standards...1UP

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I guess I need to hurry and preorder this. I played Guardian Heroes so much on Xbox Live so I know I'm gonna enjoy this.

FamousQuest

FamousQuest said:

The art looks good but I haven't been too enthralled by the footage. Maybe need a demo to decide.

I-U

I-U said:

I should pre-order this off of Amazon. I want to know if the game will fill in the roles of other players though with bots as Kid Icarus Uprising does? That will make or break this aspect of the game for me.

Late

Late said:

Looks good. Waiting for European release date. I'd like to play this game with my friends.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Looks fun, unfortunately it comes out around the same time as Pokemon Black2/White2 so it'll have to wait.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

I don't know, it'll be hard to compare to the classic 6-player wolf battles in Guardian Heroes, but 4-player TREE battles looks like the next best thing!

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

This and the new Sega All-Stars Racing game are still the only 3DS retail games coming out within the next 6 months in which I have any interest.

SennaKurosaki

SennaKurosaki said:

In the good old days of the Nintendo DS games were region-free. This was great and I bought many great imported games that never were officially released in Europe.
But now this new Nintendo 3DS has that disgusting region-lock. This is so damaging to Nintendo fans especially for a handheld console that can easily be taken anywhere in the world. Region-locks are so old fashioned and short-sighted. I really hope Nintendo will remove this obsolete locks and treat the world as one country where everyone loves games. Especially great promising games like "Code of Princess".

newusername

newusername said:

@Eryan64 This game has been out for quite awhile in Japan so if you go to YouTube you could easily see some footage. It's pretty straightforward though, if you like beat 'em ups then you'll probably like this. It also adds RPG elements (stats, armor, and abilities increase) and over 50 different characters to chose from. I've had mine pre-ordered since July.