Monster Hunter 4 is Now 60% Complete

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Legs and bodies done, now for the heads

Just last week a Capcom representative teased Monster Hunter news, but it seems that today we have some more solid information from series producer Ryozo Tsujimoto. Speaking to Weekly Famitsu (as reported by Andriasang), Tsujimoto stated that 3DS title Monster Hunter 4 is about 60% complete, meaning the developers still have some work to do ahead of the projected Spring 2013 release in Japan.

In the same feature Tsujimoto also reportedly discussed plans to move the Monster Hunter series into other media, but reiterated that including a story had become important in the console games since Monster Hunter Tri; it's previously been said that the new entry will build on the relatively sparce plot of the Wii title with a greater sense of adventure.

There's little doubt that Capcom will be releasing a lot of details over the coming months in Japan and, if we're lucky, elsewhere as well.

[via andriasang.com]

Zyph

Zyph said:

Moving to other media? That could also mean other platforms right? MonHun 4G on Wii U would be EPIC! :))

Ron_DelVillanoAdmin

Ron_DelVillano said:

How can they possibly say that it's "about 60%" complete? I don't know the exact process that they use to make their games, but I find it hard to believe that you can break it down to definable percentages.

This just doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I'd love MH on the 3DS. And it might force me to buy a Circle Pad Pro.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Bring it to America Capcom! The ban on buying your games does not lift until that is announced!

zionich

zionich said:

It's no different than being 60% into a game your playing. There measuring what's done of there ideas, not how long its going to take to finish and debug the rest.

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Besen As someone who once worked on a huge-scale IT project, I imagine games follow a similar process. Everything is meticulously planned and tracked (including contingencies for problems), so it's absolutely possible I think to say that, barring unforeseen disasters, a game is x% complete.

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

Other "media".. A WiiU version would be very cool to see. I bet people would go crazy over that as well since it'd be the first MH in HD.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

And people were trying to bad-mouth the trailer that came out last month, when it was very obvious the game was nowhere close to finished.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

Well other Media, Wii U, Spring 2013 in Japan - hopefully they localize it QUICK. Id love to have even 3G already on my 3DS, but imagine THIS, on Wii U - this would be a systemseller for me, I'd go Wii U just for this game.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Man I really do hope I'm wrong and they really mean it about this whole "you'll see very soon" thing. >_>
I wanna see the mountain stream on my 3DS dang it! xD

Vincent294

Vincent294 said:

@Eureka At least MH4's might be around 20%. Hopefully, but I'm sure Capcom will use their heads on this one. Release an amazing demo, and I'll be sold assuming it's awesome.

dq9gamer

dq9gamer said:

i dont understand if you can make a another monster hunter game where the next megman and im not talkin about megman starforce im talkin megaman legends 3 i mean cmon capcom get real

mudjo

mudjo said:

When they say Spring... Which continent is it in?

The BBC said that Doctor Who Season 7 was coming in Spring 2012, and me and my friends got really hyped about it in March, until we realised that they meant Northern Hemisphere Spring, which is Australian Autumn.