E3 2012: 3DS Downloads on the Way

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Plenty for all tastes

Nintendo has unveiled a list of upcoming download titles on the 3DS eShop with some release periods for us to take in. There aren't any specific dates, but we at least have an idea of when we can expect the titles to arrive. These are all North American details, but we'll optimistically hope that PAL region releases won't be too dissimilar.

We have two titles confirmed for June so far. Order Up!! will arrive for budding chefs in need of 3D training, while Planet Crashers looks like a colourful and vibrant RPG dungeon-crawl. For retro gamers in North America there's also the good news that the Game Boy Color version of Prince of Persia, already out in Europe, is due in Q2.

Four titles are confirmed as 'summer' arrivals. Unchained Blades sounds like one to watch, with turn-based first-person dungeon crawling combined with a promised 60 hours of gameplay. Bomb Monkey is the latest from Renegade Kid, with this title being a puzzler where a monkey throws bombs, surprisingly. Nicalis will produce two titles this summer, Cave Story+ is yet another re-release on a Nintendo platform, while NightSky will eventually arrive after a long spell in the WiiWare wilderness.

There are five titles due to arrive in the fall, which a cynic may suggest means 'may be delayed'. First up is Coaster Creator, a rollercoaster creation title where your Mii's test out the finished rides. SpeedX 3D is a tunnel racer with an old-school polygon art style. Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes is a retro platformer that's also on the way to Wii U, but 3DS will get there first. Finally we have two Pokémon titles: Pokédex 3D Pro is a paid and enhanced version of the launch day app, while Pokémon Dream Radar is an AR shooting game in a similar vein to Face Raiders.

That's all folks, are any of those on your eShop wishlist?

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

I tried out the Order Up!! demo. It....reminds me too much of work. >.>

DrKarl

DrKarl said:

Any word on Prince of Persia for (North America) Wii Virtual Console?

DF2506

DF2506 said:

I want Planet Crashers! Last time I saw it, it looked great. Maybe we'll get a demo first like w/ Order Up!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

We'll see I guess..not enough info on the games.
Cave Story and SpeedX 3D are probable purchases from me though.

BenAV

BenAV said:

The video I watched for Planet Crashers didn't look too exciting, and Order Up appears fairly average from what I'm seeing but I'll just have to wait and see, willing to give either a chance if they turn out to be better than I expect.
Good to hear a nice list of titles for the more long-term future.

Also, liking the auto-updating comments!

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

Order Up is great, and I've been looking forward to Unchained Blades for a while.
But where's Johnny Kung-Fu?

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Need info on each individual game before I can download. Order Up was an ok Wii game wasn't it? I may DL that. Nightsky, Pokemons, Coaster Creator. Need revws for all

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Considering the great lineup we've recently had, the entire remainder of this year sounds really disappointing. :(

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

Can't help but wonder is that Coaster Creator is why RollerCoaster Tycoon 3ds keeps getting delayed..Nintendo often uses a knock off game experience to beat thier vendors to the punch line. System Flaw/Face Raiders is an example of thier copying and idea, not original to them. I love how they pad a 3ds (with wii or WiiU) article to make it appear there is more games being released than there actually is..This list is lame for a comparatively new handheld. I'm one embarassed Ambassador..

Pogocoop

Pogocoop said:

Unchained Blades , Planet Crashers, Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes, and NightSky are on my want list

Pokemon AR game is a given.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

Starting to get the feeling that the 3ds life span will contain mostly GBC games with a few actual 3ds games sprinkled throughout it's life span.

RR529

RR529 said:

• Unchaned Blades (a full length RPG).
  • Cave Story+ 3D and Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes (a couple of great indie retro styled games, like the currently released Mighty Switch Force, VVVVVV, and Mutant Mudds).
  • Unique puzzle platformer Night Sky.

Undoubtedly awesome lineup for the most part. How anyone can be dissapointed in this is beyond me.

Hokori

Hokori said:

Night sky, 1000 spikes, Pokemon dream radar, pokedex pro 3D, those are what I want

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Unchained Blades, Planet Crashers and Bomb Monkey all sound like possibilities for purchases. Unchained Blades almost a sure thing being XSeed and all.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

Cave Story+, Night Sky, Coaster Creator, Unchained Blades, both Pokemon game. Quite a bit I want to download. Have to wait for more information of course.

Phle

Phle said:

I'm at least getting both the Pokémon titles, not decided about the other stuff yet.