LEGO Batman 2 Trailer Comes Down Like a Ton of Bricks

Posted by James Newton

Visit Gotham City

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for Wii and its 3DS counterpart are out in a month, which is more than enough time to watch this new trailer showing its open-world take on Bruce Wayne's home city.

It's got all the things you'd want from a LEGO DC trailer — The Flash running fast, The Joker laughing maniacally and a pie calling on Lex Luthor's head. It's also got some things you might not have expected: voiced characters for one thing.

Anyway, it's out next month and it looks pretty good to us.

From the web

Related Games

Seancy

Seancy said:

I've never played a Lego game so correct me if I'm wrong, is this the first time a Lego game has featured voice acting?

Platypus

Platypus said:

@2 yes you're right. I' m not sure I like it, but I'll need to wait to see.

I'm betting on this being the best superman game yet.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Going to get the amazon dlc because I cant stand tim drake robin. Will probably play as flash and GL the most.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

The fact that the beginning and end of this trailer contains music from the 1989 Batman movie is really awesome!!!!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Its weird hearing lego characters talk. Also, in ONM's preview of the 3DS version, it said that it wouldn't be open world like most of the other versions.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Apparantly this LEGO video game has significant differences to the others. Also, there's some rumours it has 50 unlockable DC characters. Insta-buy.

(The 3DS version isn't open world according to the Nintendo Gamer/ONM previews)

Bane

Bane said:

Just watched the trailer and it looks awesome!
Why does it say jun22, isnt it on Jun19? :(

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Cool Taco! (It's my way of/like saying Cool, & it's other variant/derivative phrases.)

Anyway, I will have to play/try it, to warrant getting it. Look's good though.

Bane

Bane said:

@LEGEND_MARIOID Are u kidding me! The 3DS wont be open world!!!!!!!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, Oh and let me guess the DS version will be. >:L

Shotgunryugan

Shotgunryugan said:

Voices and open world? i was already sold,but this definitely got my hype back.

Looks like i'll be buying 2 Lego games,this one and Lord of The Rings(whenever it gets released).

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I honestly didn't expect voice acting to tear gamers away from this game. I would have expected this kind of conversation from Zelda getting voice acting, but not Lego :(

No-longer-postin

No-longer-postin said:

I dismissed this game because it was ANOTHER Lego game...
I'm now GETTING this game because its an OPEN-WORLD Lego game!!!!
Though I don't have a Wii anymore... :(
I'll get it when WiiU comes out...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Gotham City? It looks like Legotham City to me.

It is nice to see changes made to the Lego formula, although it will be a bummer if you can only use the heroes here.

Bane

Bane said:

Well it doesnt matter cause ill get both the 3DS and Wii version :D

hillbill26

hillbill26 said:

Seems cool. I personally am a fan of the LEGO video games, and i have 2 but i've played about 4. I like the open world idea and i'm excited about how this game will turn out. I will buy this

tertium_quid

tertium_quid said:

"Two heroes and Robin"
Harsh. I happen to like Robin. (And by "Robin", I don't mean Chris O'Donnell. I mean Dick/Jason/Tim/Stephanie/Damian.) Robin is a hero.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Should have called this one Lego Justice League instead. I really liked the first Lego Batman because it drew alot of inspiration from the 90's animated series but this one I dont know. For one thing I dont like the fact that they added voices. Still I will probably rent this one from GameFly and check it out.

Volmun

Volmun said:

Wow this looks good! im wandering if it has custom characters? and maybe Online but still i think il be buying this! 8D

roflcap

roflcap said:

hell ya but marvel needs ti make one XD
but this is cool lego marvel make me lego later

3dsruler12

3dsruler12 said:

Voice acting? Really? I <3 the NORMAL way it was. "Mer, her, ner!" "Ber?"
Not this voice acting crap, BUT, other than that, I WILL buy it.

Metal_Slugger

Metal_Slugger said:

Wow the 3 ds demo of this game isn't anything like that trailer. Except Batman and Robin and a few villains. Not open world nor does it have those graphics. All and all the demo was pretty cool though, but after seeing this I may rather have a different version of this game. I thought the use of the boomerang was awkward. Not real responsive to what I was doing.