Club Nintendo Offers Mystery Boxes

Posted by James Newton

May contain mushrooms

Desperate to spend your Club Nintendo coins but just don't know what to spend them on? Let Nintendo help you out, with a series of Mario "Surprise Me" boxes for 300 coins.

The box contents are secret, but Nintendo claim you'll get at least two surprises with a combined worth of over 500 coins.

While the website shows the mystery boxes in classic ? Mark blocks, they'll turn up at your door in standard postal packaging, which is a little disappointing. Oh, and items may not be returned, so make sure you'll be happy accepting something unknown before you shell out.

Don't forget that next week sees Club Nintendo updated with new games to download, in case you feel like saving your coins.

[via club.nintendo.com]

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but I can't seem to find this on their North American site.

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

i got a mysterybox from nintendo europe it's that soft feeling one :) hopefullythis one wil be on nintendo europe too

wiz0_0

wiz0_0 said:

The prizes were taken down a few hours after they went up yesterday (North America CN). Maybe it was only a very limited time offer?

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Hope we get game downloads for Nintendo Stars in the UK soon. I know we can get Nintendo Points but it costs 800 stars to get one 200 point game, and they're not even compatible with the eShop!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Is this for the US too??? (wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't)
I might want to give this a try after I see what other people get of course. :p

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I recently spent the bulk of my coins on the hanafuda cards, but I might still get this mystery box when I save up in the future if they still do it.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

@Linkstrikesback Given that it says "club.nintendo.com", I assumed that it would just take me to the CN homepage. But thanks.

Aaaand it doesn't matter, since it's currently unavailable.

WesCash

WesCash said:

I'm definitely tempted. I have 700 coins right now. But I would like to know what I'm getting into. We need some guinea pigs to find out what each of the 6 varieties contain.

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

Will this just be two random prizes from what they already have available? Or two completely unknown items? I'm guessing the former.

NintendoMaster

NintendoMaster said:

This offer is over, it was a super limited time thing. By the time I found out which was about 13 hrs ago the offer was already over (they were all sold out). Readers should be informed of this.

James

James said:

The link works for me, but then I'm not a US CN member. Apologies if they're already gone!

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

the link works for me,but imagin you get one and you get get the rarest things there
game and watch collections or ball!.....or handa fuda cards

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

It would be nice to know what the range of these prizes are, as I would be willing to shell out 300 coins for a chance at the replica Game & Watch console.

EDIT: After a bit of looking, it doesn't seem like the prize is accessible from the Rewards Catalog, which concerns me that it might just be a test page. I'll wait for something more solid before I start dumping my coins in anyone's bucket.

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

“? Block” Sound Cube came in the UK one again which I got in September 2010 but I really want this one that is mentioned here.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Sounds a bit like gambling. You don't know what you will receive!

Fun for people who love a bit of risk. I probably just keep turning stars into nintendo-points, so I can download VC games!

Update: Oh, they talk about coins in the article, so it must be America-only.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

very stupid that its over,o well i still win for that i have a real random box!from a elite platinum reward like 2 years ago

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I've already bought everything I like from North America's crummy catalog, so why would I waste my crummy coins to be surprised with stuff I already have or have never wanted?

Bubbab5

Bubbab5 said:

I'm confused is it over or is it just restocking because id be mad if its over

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Eh, its too risky. I'd rather save towards something I know I want. I'm also still hoping KI boosters will show up.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"The boxes are full of Superman 64 don't get them!"

"don't do it, its nothing but ET Atari 2600 games and dirt! ITS A TRAP!"

Lol!

UnoriginalGMan

UnoriginalGMan said:

I'm pretty upset with club nintendo right now, they've been "preparing my order" for six days... I've never ordered anything from them until the mystery box. Can anybody tell me if they usually take this long?