3DS Demos Launch in Europe eShop Tomorrow

Posted by James Newton

Revelations afoot

European eShop users can get a free demo of Resident Evil Revelations tomorrow.

The eShop was updated to allow demos in late December but tomorrow sees the launch of the service outside of Japan.

Resi is also joined by a demo of the slightly less exciting Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic.

Future demos include Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure and Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Here's hoping we get similarly good news from Nintendo of America when it opens for business in a few hours.

FREE NINTENDO 3DS GAME DEMOS HEAD TO NINTENDO eSHOP

Test drive select Nintendo 3DS games before you buy

18th January 2012 – Free demos of selected Nintendo 3DS™ games are available to download from the Nintendo eShop – kicking off tomorrow with both Resident Evil™ Revelations and Cooking Mama 4.

Developed by Capcom® specifically to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil Revelations delivers a true return to classic Resident Evil™ survival horror gameplay. The full game launches across Europe on 27th January, but if you fancy at getting your hands on, and test driving this ultimate horror experience before it hits the stores then head over to the Nintendo eShop tomorrow to download the Nintendo 3DS demo.

If cooking is your passion, then you must also try out the Nintendo 3DS demo for Cooking Mama 4 from 505 Games. Join Mama as she cooks up a storm and for the first time ever – in full 3D. Decorate Mama’s kitchen and customize your utensils as you tilt your Nintendo 3DS to cook in a whole new way like never before.

Make sure you keep checking the Nintendo eShop, as it will be periodically updated with new game demos in the future, including a Nintendo 3DS demo for Metal Gear Solid®: Snake Eater 3D - Hideo Kojima's legendary Metal Gear series from KONAMI. This classic stealth action game will come to Nintendo 3DS this year with stunning 3D visuals and the Nintendo 3DS outer cameras and gyroscopic motion sensor will be used as integral elements within the gameplay. Also keep an eye out for a Nintendo 3DS demo of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ and Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure™ both from SEGA.

In addition to Nintendo 3DS demos, the Nintendo eShop also lets you download an array of original Nintendo 3DS Download Software, 3D Classics, Virtual Console™ and Nintendo DSiWare™ games directly to your Nintendo 3DS system. If you want to access the Nintendo eShop, make sure you have first performed a system update via a wireless broadband internet connection. Those who perform the system update will gain access to the Nintendo eShop and will be able to download the Nintendo Video™ application for free, providing access to a range of new and exclusive 2D and 3D video content on their Nintendo 3DS system.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

About time! I'm more interested in Cooking Mama than Resi, too.

Now all they need is to let devs put demos of DSiWare up there.

bahooney

bahooney said:

Oh, look. NOE giving Europe a heads up. Weird, though, don't see anything on NOA's end...

Jono97

Jono97 said:

: will this be in Australia too? The e-shop said that this version of the e-shop is for Europe and Australia...

James

James said:

@bahooney and others:

Nintendo of America is currently closed as it's around midnight in Seattle. Relax, wait a few hours, then you may commence fretting.

@clubmini Not sure yet, will update you when we know :)

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

Im still wondering if this will be the same demo that Nintendo Life had a chance to play a few months back.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

It's nice to see that these titles will get demos. Especially Rhythm Thief.
Hope there will be as many as possible in the future.
And why not put a CRUSH3D demo on there too, Sega ? :)

singie1

singie1 said:

where is the demo thing on the e shop? I know the demo isn't out till tomorrow, but you say that the e shop updated to allow demo's. Is there a visible place for them?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I'd definitely welcome that Resident Evil demo and I'm looking forward to trying out those other ones.

Since SEGA is contributing to the demo program, I hope that they will release a demo for their upcoming game Crush 3D as I am on the fence about getting it.

Punky

Punky said:

Does anyone know if the resident evil demo is the same one that was included with Resident Evil Mercenaries?

James

James said:

@singie1 "3DS Demos Launch in Europe eShop Tomorrow"

i.e. there aren't any there now, so don't bother looking for them.

singie1

singie1 said:

yeah, but i assumed there was a place that said 'demos' or something more creative! as it says the e shop has been updated to include them. Thats good. Could swing it for me to buy it. :)

Cero

Cero said:

I'm wondering if circle pad will be needed for the RE demo :/

onlyaman

onlyaman said:

w00t! I wonder how bulky these demos will be. I assume they will fit easily on the packed-in 2GB card, but RE does have a lot of assets. Has Nintendo put a size cap on demos, like they have for 3DSware, Wiiware, etc.?

Karakato

Karakato said:

Nice, that means NOA will follow shortly I hope since I can't wait to try out RE:R and Rhythm thief, also cooking mama. So is it safe to asume that there is a 30 play limit like the Jap versions?

@Cero nope the Circle pad pro is optional if you want to play the game ala RE5. Otherwise it controls similarly to RE4 and Mercs3D, both of which plays just as well.

Jono97

Jono97 said:

@ James
I'm just wondering.. but did you get spammed badly in nintendo letterbox aka swapnote?

Mok

Mok said:

@Cero: The Circle Pad isn't necessary to play either the demo or the retail version of the game.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

Well it's 7:55 am (I live in florida) soo we've still got 2 or 3 more hours of waiting before confirmation (which I think is likely), so horray!!! :) (I think, so don't take my word on it, it's just an estimation.)

DF2506

DF2506 said:

There is a press release for NA now. We will be getting Resident Evil demo tom. No mention of Cooking Mama.

Mario & Sonic coming on Jan. 26!

Very excited for RE demo!

DF2506

DF2506 said:

Can't wait to play the Metal Gear & Rayman demos too. Here's hoping we'll see a Kid Icarus demo!

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@XCWarrior: Once again you assume that the Nintendo peeps will get up bright and early to tell everyone the good news before 5:00 am. Keep in mind that they were in the Pacific time and it was STILL EARLY there.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

When I saw Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure I squealed like a school girl... and that's how everyone looked at me.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'm most excited about trying out Rhythm thief but I may try the Resident evil: revelations demo too.

Mowzle

Mowzle said:

Well, blow me down!!
Didn't think this was the remotest possibility, but that's great.
Not into the horror genre myself, and am unlikely to buy Cooking Mama, but I'll give it a whirl, and it will be great to try out some of the others before handing over my credit card.
The 3DS is proving to be a really interesting little amusement centre.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Maybe it's a stupid question ( one that will be answered tomorrow, too) but are the demos in the West going to be "limited tries" just like in Japan?

BenAV

BenAV said:

Great!
Considering the game comes out here in two weeks, I was starting to worry that the demo wouldn't make it out in time.
Look forward to finally giving it a go myself.

Hopefully they'll announce some demos for some first party games, are they haven't yet.
Oh, and Monster Hunter please. :P

Henmii

Henmii said:

Cool, the demo's are finaly coming! Hopefully it doesn't munch to much memory! I mean: I want to download a few games pretty soon, and Mighty switch force already is pretty big. I don't know if I have enough space!

Gavin_Rozee

Gavin_Rozee said:

Can't wait to get my Resi on. My girlfriend already has Cooking Mama 4 but I'll download the demo to show support for demos.

Progamer

Progamer said:

So basically demos can be added to the eshop anytime, not on thursdays right?

DanteSolablood

DanteSolablood said:

Amazing! I'll be able to add to my small, but growing game collection! It's hard being an oldskool gamer with only 3 games. :3

Son

Son said:

About time! is the RE:R demo same as the one included in RE:Mercenaries3D? I hope you can load the save data into the full game and get free stuff like ammunition or weapon.

UncleTamarind

UncleTamarind said:

Woop downloading now! Its over 1000 blocks however, think i might need to get a bigger SD card at some point in future,

Son

Son said:

Finished downloading RE:Revelations demo last night and done playing it this morning. Aiming at enemies (Ooze) is really challenging and annoying at the same because they move to much, I want to shoot them in the head dammit. Thank you nintendo for the downloadable demo. Can't wait for Feb.7 for the release of RE:R.