Solatorobo Goes Gold, Gets NA Release Date

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Touted RPG finally coming to North America

European gamers have been enjoying Solatorobo: Red the Hunter for over two months now, but XSEED has just announced that the game has not only gone gold, but it's also been set for a September 27th release in North American territories.

If by some miracle you're still undecided about the game, you can check out our full review of the game to help you make up your mind.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Well XSEED just sent out the press release about 30 minutes ago. What are you gonna do? :D

NintendoLee

NintendoLee said:

That is weird that they just released the press release as it's been slated as that from when I first read about the release dates. Hopefully the US have better stock than the UK (Just GAME and Gamestation sold it and it was sold out within three weeks). I resorted to ebay, sad times.

JayArr

JayArr said:

Wow, its coming out in a couple weeks!? Glad you guys posted this or I would have probably missed it. @_@

ueI

ueI said:

This game took so long to come out that I lost interest. I wasn't very interested to begin with, but Nintendolife's outstanding review excited me when there were no other games in July. Now I'll be busy with BIT TRIP and Kirby instead.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

I wanted to get this, I was thinking about it near the start of the year but then the europeon release just passed me by....I didn't even realize it.

I doubt I could get it in the shops at this stage, it's not exactly a game that'll have shipped many copies. It sort of feels like the ship has sailed. :(

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Yeah this is a DSi-Enhanced game and, hence, probably region-locked on the DSi and 3DS. Buyer Beware.

I've got too many games I want coming out in September though! I'll probably grab Solatorobo first though, as I think it'll be one of the harder ones to find down the track (at least judging from the European release)

James

James said:

@Wheels2050 You're right, this is DSi-enhanced so will not play on a DSi or 3DS from another region. No need to import now though!

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

I would get this game, but it is so hard to find and so expensive... Hopefully there will be a bigger release in America, and that would cause Namco Bandai to re0launch it in Europe... Seriously, on Amazon UK the cheapest you can get is £42, and there are only 6 copies...

NintendoLee

NintendoLee said:

I didn't realise it was DSi enhanced (despite having the game). Ach well. Go buy the game on release.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I actually posted the release date on this website a few times XD But better late then never for those undecided few. Going to be a day 1 adopter