Zelda Anniversary Site Launches, Has Awesome Wallpaper

Posted by James Newton

Pick your favourite

The Zelda 25th anniversary celebrations are in full swing now, what with the Zelda symphony London tickets on sale now, and Nintendo has just launched an official website for the shindig too.

There's a graphical depiction of how Link's design has changed over the years, along with links to all his main-series appearances to date: no Wand of Gamelon here.

Perhaps the best part of the site is the high resolution artwork available to brighten up your desktop, from classic lanky Link to his cel-shaded appearance and something from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword too.

Check out the Zelda 25th website and let us know what you think of it.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Haha, Zelda > Metroid >:3

Also, Nintendo barely recognized Zelda's anniversary when it was 25 (back in February).

CapedGodot

CapedGodot said:

If they don't make a big deal about Metroid at next year's E3, I'm'a be mad. Real mad.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@11 How about this: I big picture of the CD-I Link saying "I'm so hungry, I could eat an octorok!"

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Link lying next to shield + sword > Master Sword one. Those are my favourite wallpapers there.

Edit: And yes, it feels kinda strange to see that now that i'm finally in the mood for some Metroid nostalgia.

TanookiSteven

TanookiSteven said:

Do you think they would only make a big deal of the Nintendo 4-star anniversaries?

They're: Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby & Mario.

SuperSpank

SuperSpank said:

Aaargh! no MA BOIH, SQUADALALA, YOU MUST DIE, DINNER AND NOT EVEN A MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BOMBS WALPAPER! THIS SITE SUCKS! Nah, its ok.

Omarzuqo

Omarzuqo said:

For real!

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

And the Metroid 25th anniversary? Nintendo doesn´t care to support Samus Birthday.

motang

motang said:

Cool, I wonder if Nintendo is doing anything for Metroid's 25th anniversary.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

I think Nintendo isn't celebrating the 25th anniversary of Metroid for two reasons...1) it isn't that popular in Japan (when compared to the US and Europe) and 2) the creator Gunpei Yokoi also created the Virtual Boy (and if I'm not mistaken, after he did so they basically did to him what they did to Milton from Office Space).
But that's just my take on the whole thing, I'm not saying it's right, the only way anyone would know is to ask someone higher up from Nintendo.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

@Daisaku: Actually the failer of the the Virtual Boy didnt have anything to do with Gunpei Yokoi's departure from Nintendo. He was planning to leave Nintendo to start up his own company after the release of the Virtual Boy. In fact he went on to develop the of the Wonder Swan. So there really wasnt any bad blood between Nintendo and him so to speak.

Sadly about a year after he left Nintendo he was killed in an automobile accident.

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

is it just me, but if you were not in the know you might assume it is kirby's anniversary. There are going to be three kirby games released in 2011 and they have done kirby tv. The eshop has a place for videos of kirby games as well.