Kirby Wii Officially Renamed Kirby's Adventure Wii for Europe

Posted by James Newton

And out in December

Kirby is back to suck at Christmas again, as Nintendo has announced that Kirby's Adventure Wii will reach Europe in December.

The game previously known as Kirby Wii and alternatively Kirby's Return to Dream Land is set to pinkify the continent before 2012 arrives. It's part of a two-pronged Kirby attack on Europe, as Kirby Mass Attack is scheduled for release on DS on 28th October.

Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede and Waddle Dee will take you back to Dream Land once more, as Kirby’s Adventure Wii launches across Europe in December. Kirby and his enemies put their differences behind them and join forces to help an alien who wants to return home after crash landing in Dream Land.

Those of you who also want some Kirby fun whilst on the move are also in for a treat. Take charge of up to ten Kirby at once, to defeat enemies and solve inventive puzzles, when Kirby Mass Attack launches on the Nintendo DS family of consoles and Nintendo 3DS on 28th October.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

Given that the episodes for the Kirby TV channel dry up in December, this is no great shock to me. I figured that channel was purely a marketing campaign for the new games.

I hope the Wii version is launched before Christmas, my son would love it as a present.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I like the name too. KA on the NES was one if my fav games on that console. Along with Epic Yarn, its prob the best Kirby game ever. Will probably get this straight out if its December.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I'd have preferred Kirby's Adventure 2 but, its fine as a name. I've been waiting for "Kirby's Adventure" to be reused as a name for years now. It doesn't change the gameplay of course but I'm glad about its name.

Kirk

Kirk said:

How cool would it have been if they'd called it 'Kirby's Wii Adventure'.

In Scotland that sounds like 'wee' which means 'small'; I'm off on a wee adventure...

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I hope this name sticks in North America too. Im not a fan of Kirby's Return to Dreamland. It's such a clunky, unmusical name. I'm lovin the nostalgia factor of Kirby's Adventure Wii; The reference to the best Kirby game ever makes me even more excited for this one.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

But it's just a name, so what

Names can affect sales. Some people make decisions based on a product's name.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@Bass_X0: Which is why Nintendo should care about it, not me.
As long as the name doesn't downright offend people if the game's good i'll buy it . Even it if was called "Kirby's Wallawallawoopdidangalore"...

motang

motang said:

This should have been called Kirby Gamecube since it was for the Gamecube but was put on the shelf for whatever reason.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

@motang That would work perfectly in light of the recent Wii hardware update news. :P

I love Kirby's Dream Land so Return to Dreamland works for me, but maybe a certain @SegaSquirtle will enjoy this.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Actually I believed Nintendo changed the American name to Kirby: Return to Dreamland

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

At least Europe retains the original name of the game (This game was called Kirby's Adventure when it was shown on Gamecube).

Can't wait to play this game!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Kirby Wii Officially Renamed Kirby's Adventure Wii for Europe

...and I'm fine with that :)
Me and the friends can't wait to quadruple team this one... it may not be 4P KSS, but I'll take it :)

Squid

Squid said:

Eh, I like Kirby's Return to Dream Land better, but I really dont care about the name, I just want the game.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Looks like I'm going to have a Zelda Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Adventure Wii, Mario Kart 7 Nove-Dec Winter Wonder gaming Christmas Holiday. B-)

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

It's kind of a stupid name, but, meh, whatever. I just don't think the title should have "Wii" in it.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Crazy! Kirby comes AFTER Zelda, while I thought it would be the other way around! Still good news! I'll buy them both!

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

Oh no! I was confused. I thought the real title was "Kirby's Return to Dream Land" not the other one! "KRtDL" is an amazing title. Why didn't that stick with that? I told a Kirby fan that was the new title and he loved it. Dang.

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

Ahrg! I need to learn to read! Ah good to see it is "KRtDL" is the title for US. Sorry for the mess up. But I'm glad for the name though.

NintendoFanatic98

NintendoFanatic98 said:

The first sentence sounds all pessimistic. "Kirby is back to suck"
It's almost like you didn't like Epic Yarn or something...