Nintendo Download: 15th October (Europe)

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Sonic returns, and brings some other stuff

As was previously announced, today sees the anticipated European release of the first episode of Sonic the Hedgehog 4. It's accompanied by the next titles in the GO and Music On series, as well as some other stuff. Unfortunately, there's no Virtual Console game, but that's to be expected now!

DSiWare

GO Series: Pinball Attack! (Gamebridge, 500pts) – The first game in the GO Series to cost more than 200 points, this pinball title created by the developers of Opoona looks like quite a nice little investment. We'll have a review up soon.

QuickPick Farmer (Dancing Dots, 200pts) – A fairly simple, yet moderately addictive little puzzle game featuring sheep. You can read our QuickPick Farmer review to find out if this belongs in your stable.

Academy: Tic-Tac-Toe Naughts & Crosses (Gamelion Studios, 200pts) – Another pretty self-explanatory DSiWare game. Do you really need to know what tic-tac-toe is? We'll have a review available soon.

Music On: Playing Piano (Abylight, 200pts) – Not the same as Learning Piano, this one further teaches you how to play the piano. We'll review it in the next few days.

WiiWare

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (Sega, 1500pts) – It's been a long wait for many, but Sonic's latest adventure is a return to his roots, and, surprise surprise, a great game. Our Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 review will tell you all about the blue hedgehog's glorious return.

Miffy's World (Pan Vision, 1000pts) – Based on Dutch animator Dick Bruna's cute little cartoon bunny, this is another educational game meant for the little ones. We'll take a look at it soon.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Played Sonic 4 first act. Brilliant! This is starting to shape up as one amazingly nostalgic Xmas: Goldeneye, NBA Jam, Sonic, Donkey Kong, Kirby, TRON... I fell way too lucky to be able to enjoy all of this in the comming months.

Malouff

Malouff said:

So did Europe get a 50Hz or 60Hz version?
I remember reading that the original Sonic games were slower in Europe.

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

"Strangely enough, Nintendo's very own Thruspace was scheduled for today but did not come out - We wonder how long it's been delayed?"

Where have you found that?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Wait, it's called Miffy's World? Not MILFy's world? Damn, and I was so excited for it, too.:(

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I'm gonna plug QuickPick Farmer here...it's really quite a decent time-waster and one of the better 200 points you could spend on DSiWare.

Bobpie

Bobpie said:

And AUS/NZ ONLY gets the Tic-Tac-Toe game!!!!
NOT THAT WE MISSED OUT ON MUCH.
but really, ONE game?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Street Hoop should be on the VC next week. Its an average NeoGeo 3-on-3 basketball game. Then two weeks after that, probably Faxanadu. I may get Faxanadu then. Maybe.

Ashraf_2003

Ashraf_2003 said:

finished the first zone in sonic four, and everything in the game is from the megadrive except for the homing attack part.

James

James said:

@Ashraf_2003 Wait until you finish the rest of the game!

I too would be interested to find out whether it's a 60Hz or 50Hz version of Sonic.

Ratengo

Ratengo said:

Is the WiiWare version of miffy's world purely identical to Oyako de Asobo: Miffy no Omocha Bako (released on disc by Square Enix)...? The game's Japanese trailer can be seen here. Also, note that Sweden-based PAN Vision AB is its European publisher, not Biodroid...!

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

@Egg miester

Yes, a sad week indeed, I mean, it's not like Sonic 4 is one of the most highly anticipated Sonic games in recent times.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

I downloaded Sonic just after midnight last night :D
Couldn't play it for long since I had to get up in the morning but looking forward to playing it again this evening.
It's completely overshadowed the other games this week!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I suspect that "Egg Meister" is really Dr. Robotnik (aka Eggman) in disguise...

outrun2sp

outrun2sp said:

ive gone for the 360 version because the sprite looks better and good as the wii is, the colours are always washed out.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Sonic 4 means this IS a good week for the EU DL service. Shame about thruspace as tha was on my radar. I'll be interested to c how that pinball game revw turns out for dsiware. Ivy the Kiwi SOON PLEASE!

bestbuck

bestbuck said:

How come sonic is 1500 points? which is 15euro if you buy them online, usually more expensive on the high street. Its only euro 12.99 on playstation store.

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

I know it's not a downloadable game, but I just realised A Shadow's Tale is out today in Europe. They kept that quiet! It doesn't even have a box art image on Amazon. I'll have to hold off buying it for now. Too many new games recently, including Sonic 4

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Other than Sonic (and maybe QuickPick), another crap week. Count yourself lucky, Americans! At least your DSiWare doesn't suck.

Pj1

Pj1 said:

I've just downloaded it, It's tricky! but I really quite like it. I was 11 when I got a mega drive for my birthday! and now I'm 30 that feeling of being 11 is back...... Thanks Sega!

XSakiX

XSakiX said:

I had a little play on that new sonic game, it wasnt as great as the older version's although the graphics were way better!

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

Will get Sonic but much more excited for Pinball Attack! after seeing the gameplay video.

Lotice-Paladin

Lotice-Paladin said:

@MickeyMac: lol. When I first heard of Miffy I thought of something similar to what you just thought but it's something entirely different. XD

Sonic 4's pretty good for the most part.