Not Tetris Looks Like Tetris But is Not Tetris

Posted by James Newton

Got it?

With its 90-degree turns and grid-based gameplay, Tetris takes a few liberties with the laws of physics (not to mention why these blocks are dropping and disappear once adjoined.) But what if its physics were a little more fluid; a little more unforgiving? That's what Not Tetris is all about.

A free PC download, Not Tetris is all about smooth movements and watching as your blocks hopelessly stack up as it's impossible to clear lines. What's the point of this, you might ask? Who knows, but it perfectly replicates the chaos of fitting pieces into place without ever getting the satisfaction of seeing them disappear. Check out the video below and download Not Tetris to satisfy the masochist in you.

[via facepunch.com]

iAlias

iAlias said:

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.......................................

Punny

Punny said:

This reminds me of pirated versions of video games that are worse than the original version, only this looks pretty good. Its purpose is to be impossible, which is hilarious.

metaknave

metaknave said:

So, Tetris with physics? Imagine someone actually clearing a level, let alone a line.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

So all you have to do is watch bricks fall down and lose? ... Where's the download button?!

HipsterDashie

HipsterDashie said:

I'm going to avoid downloading this in order to preserve my sanity. I could feel myself getting worked up just watching that video. XD

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

That looks like the weirdest thing ever. Too bad the link is broken. I'd like to see how insane I'd get if Tetris had physics...

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Everything is whited out except for the beam and square pieces. I am using Windows XP 1280x800, 32 bpp, wtf?

Update: Works flawlessly in Vista 64 bits B-)

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt said:

Yay, the link is working again!
Just played a round, and it's the weirdest thing I ever played.
Seriously, when they say it's not Tetris, they ain't joking.

GmRmXx

GmRmXx said:

I'm going to send this game to all the perfectionists I know. It'll be pure torture. :)

JohnWalrus

JohnWalrus said:

CHEAP WAY TO ENJOY SATURDAY NIGHT
Step 1-Download this game
Step 2-Invite someone over (preferably poor)
Step 3-Say you'll give them twenty dollars to beat one level of this game