For those who don't already know, Hudson's lovable caveman Bonk is headed to the WiiWare service in Spring 2010. Bonk: Brink of Extinction will feature all of Bonk's trademark gameplay moves built into a brand new original title.
You can check out the official snippet of information about the game and we'll have more news on the game as it becomes available. Until then you can check out the screenshots of the game we were able to get hands on below.
Bonk. Is. Back! Hudson's loveable caveman makes his long-awaited return and has brought his enormously giant head with him! Get ready for an all new adventure exclusively on Xbox LIVE®Arcade, Playstation®Network, and WiiWare™ in Spring 2010!
A doomsday comet, surrounded by smaller chunks of debris, is on a collision course with Earth. A strange magnetic field around the comet seems to be driving most of the planet’s weak-willed creatures crazy, and smaller bits of debris are smashing into the jungle near Bonk's home. Bonk must undertake a perilous journey that will take him to the very center of the planet to save the world.
The Return Of The Most Widely Requested Classic Platformer
- Story Mode with Co-Op play. Play alone or have a friend join you at any time!
- An entire new adventure with Bonk as he swims, bites, climbs, jumps, runs, and head-butts his way through jungles, deserts and volcanic caverns
- Search for help along the way: power ups, check points, and extra health are the staple for every adventuring caveman.
- Transformations are back and weirder than ever! Now Bonk can transform himself into eight different forms by eating meat or encountering Primordial Jelly. No enemy is safe from the boy with the super noggin!
Join us as we welcome Bonk back into our hearts! For those who haven't played the originals, you're in for a prehistoric side-scrolling adventure, the likes of which you've never seen! Coming soon for XBLA, PSN, and WiiWare.
- Online play for the first time in the series!
- New enemies with incredible variations in personalities and abilities. Beware the Raptor Unicycle Tank!
- Classic 2D platforming in a 3D world.
- Tons of collectibles will have you searching the entire prehistoric world.