Wii U Forum

Topic: Zelda Wii U 2014

Showing 21 to 40 of 68

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

21. Posted:

Sounds plausible so we'll just have to wait and see.
Whether this is true or not, we'll obviously at least be getting a Wii U Zelda game at some stage and it's pretty safe to say that it'll be amazing.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

romulux

22. Posted:

In fact, the game is said to have been influential to the design of the controller to begin with. “At least one of the hardware features added to the GamePad were solely implemented because the Zelda team figured out they could do something cool with it”. “Each dungeon will offer a different gameplay experience with the tablet controller” The Zelda game was designed from ground up with the tablet controller in mind, “Zelda designers started sketching out concepts as soon as Nintendo decided to include a screen with the new console”, he said, adding, “everything in the game is built around the controller and its unique abilities."

it sounded fairly plausible until this. miyamoto and aonuma both admitted that they couldn't abandon 1:1 sword controls for the next game. unless the tablet is going to be used as a secondary controller while the wiimote is still the main way of playing then this doesn't match what's been suggested in interviews about the controls, and this article makes it sound like the tablet is the only controller used.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

23. Posted:

Do you have any links to any quotes of Miyamoto or Aonuma saying that they weren't going to abandon the 1:1 sword controls?

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

24. Posted:

this thread is about a not reliable souce so it doesn't really matter?

Anyway for something actually relevent to anything other than a site trying to get views, I do agree I'd like more home console Zelda games but I still kinda want them to finally have a sequel that actually has more than .01% to do with previous games. I mean, I love what Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have done with having one epic story throughout the games while each individual game feels like a complete story as well and one problem I had with Skyward Sword is that it is becoming more difficult for me to care about the characters or the story when it changes every game. It would be like if the Dark Knight had a completely different Batman as Batman Begins, it would be so much more difficult to care without Batman Begin's brilliant version of the origin story. And for another superhero movie comparison, would people have cared half as much for the Avengers if they were all introduced in that movie instead of building up the characters in 5 different movies for 4 years?

And also, while Skyward Sword did work decently well as the origin/an explanation of the neverending Link/Zelda/Ganon timeline thing, it was still just its own thing. Which is fine, but so was the game in 2009, and then the one in 2007 (yeah the DS games were in theory Wind Waker sequels..."in theory"), and then 2006, and then 2005, and then 2004. Really the timeline stuff is so vague and pretty much irrelevent. And yeah I know the issues that can happen with trying to keep a continuing story in a series (looking at you Kingdom Hearts) but I think even at worst, a lot of good would come from it. And even if it doesn't have a story that begins in one game and ends in another, as long as they kept the same major characters and such I'd be far more invested in the story. There's still handheld games for new versions of Link and Hyrule so you please anyone anyway. That's never been a bad thing exactly, but when you have to spend more and more time establishing characters (which they did a lot of in the past 2 3D Zeldas), it can start to feel boring.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DeMoN-13ruce

25. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

this thread is about a not reliable souce so it doesn't really matter?

Anyway for something actually relevent to anything other than a site trying to get views, I do agree I'd like more home console Zelda games but I still kinda want them to finally have a sequel that actually has more than .01% to do with previous games. I mean, I love what Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have done with having one epic story throughout the games while each individual game feels like a complete story as well and one problem I had with Skyward Sword is that it is becoming more difficult for me to care about the characters or the story when it changes every game. It would be like if the Dark Knight had a completely different Batman as Batman Begins, it would be so much more difficult to care without Batman Begin's brilliant version of the origin story. And for another superhero movie comparison, would people have cared half as much for the Avengers if they were all introduced in that movie instead of building up the characters in 5 different movies for 4 years?

And also, while Skyward Sword did work decently well as the origin/an explanation of the neverending Link/Zelda/Ganon timeline thing, it was still just its own thing. Which is fine, but so was the game in 2009, and then the one in 2007 (yeah the DS games were in theory Wind Waker sequels..."in theory"), and then 2006, and then 2005, and then 2004. Really the timeline stuff is so vague and pretty much irrelevent. And yeah I know the issues that can happen with trying to keep a continuing story in a series (looking at you Kingdom Hearts) but I think even at worst, a lot of good would come from it. And even if it doesn't have a story that begins in one game and ends in another, as long as they kept the same major characters and such I'd be far more invested in the story. There's still handheld games for new versions of Link and Hyrule so you please anyone anyway. That's never been a bad thing exactly, but when you have to spend more and more time establishing characters (which they did a lot of in the past 2 3D Zeldas), it can start to feel boring.

it is same source said nintendo made an social network look at miiverse

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

26. Posted:

DeMoN-13ruce wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

this thread is about a not reliable souce so it doesn't really matter?

Anyway for something actually relevent to anything other than a site trying to get views, I do agree I'd like more home console Zelda games but I still kinda want them to finally have a sequel that actually has more than .01% to do with previous games. I mean, I love what Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have done with having one epic story throughout the games while each individual game feels like a complete story as well and one problem I had with Skyward Sword is that it is becoming more difficult for me to care about the characters or the story when it changes every game. It would be like if the Dark Knight had a completely different Batman as Batman Begins, it would be so much more difficult to care without Batman Begin's brilliant version of the origin story. And for another superhero movie comparison, would people have cared half as much for the Avengers if they were all introduced in that movie instead of building up the characters in 5 different movies for 4 years?

And also, while Skyward Sword did work decently well as the origin/an explanation of the neverending Link/Zelda/Ganon timeline thing, it was still just its own thing. Which is fine, but so was the game in 2009, and then the one in 2007 (yeah the DS games were in theory Wind Waker sequels..."in theory"), and then 2006, and then 2005, and then 2004. Really the timeline stuff is so vague and pretty much irrelevent. And yeah I know the issues that can happen with trying to keep a continuing story in a series (looking at you Kingdom Hearts) but I think even at worst, a lot of good would come from it. And even if it doesn't have a story that begins in one game and ends in another, as long as they kept the same major characters and such I'd be far more invested in the story. There's still handheld games for new versions of Link and Hyrule so you please anyone anyway. That's never been a bad thing exactly, but when you have to spend more and more time establishing characters (which they did a lot of in the past 2 3D Zeldas), it can start to feel boring.

it is same source said nintendo made an social network look at miiverse

Clearly they have an uncle that works for Nintendo.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

27. Posted:

why do I even bother making points that last longer than a line?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xilef

28. Posted:

WiiUDaily isn't excactly the best source for news... Still want it to be true, though.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DeMoN-13ruce

29. Posted:

well anyway i think in 2013 zelda 3ds gets atleast anounced (i hope so)

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

30. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

why do I even bother making points that last longer than a line?

i hear ya, brudda.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SirSmugleaf

31. Posted:

If you look at reality, it'll probably actually be 2014-2015.
I guess it depends on what direction they want to take with the art style. Skyward Sword was delayed because of it's art style.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

siconlol

32. Posted:

I honestly don't think their going to abandon wiimote controls, look at pikmin 3 it uses the same motion based controls that are used on the wii version of pikmin 1&2 on the wii :) maybe I think we might get both options which would be really nice, and just cause zelda wii u demo didn't show the wii mote being used does not mean anything it was MEANT to show off ideas of how the wii u tablet would work out IF implemented :)

Hellooooo I love all things taming and what not dB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

33. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Anyway for something actually relevent to anything other than a site trying to get views, I do agree I'd like more home console Zelda games but I still kinda want them to finally have a sequel that actually has more than .01% to do with previous games. I mean, I love what Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed have done with having one epic story throughout the games while each individual game feels like a complete story as well and one problem I had with Skyward Sword is that it is becoming more difficult for me to care about the characters or the story when it changes every game. It would be like if the Dark Knight had a completely different Batman as Batman Begins, it would be so much more difficult to care without Batman Begin's brilliant version of the origin story. And for another superhero movie comparison, would people have cared half as much for the Avengers if they were all introduced in that movie instead of building up the characters in 5 different movies for 4 years?

And also, while Skyward Sword did work decently well as the origin/an explanation of the neverending Link/Zelda/Ganon timeline thing, it was still just its own thing. Which is fine, but so was the game in 2009, and then the one in 2007 (yeah the DS games were in theory Wind Waker sequels..."in theory"), and then 2006, and then 2005, and then 2004. Really the timeline stuff is so vague and pretty much irrelevent. And yeah I know the issues that can happen with trying to keep a continuing story in a series (looking at you Kingdom Hearts) but I think even at worst, a lot of good would come from it. And even if it doesn't have a story that begins in one game and ends in another, as long as they kept the same major characters and such I'd be far more invested in the story. There's still handheld games for new versions of Link and Hyrule so you please anyone anyway. That's never been a bad thing exactly, but when you have to spend more and more time establishing characters (which they did a lot of in the past 2 3D Zeldas), it can start to feel boring.

I think the problem is more in the time they spend teaching you how to play the game than going over the same story and rebuilding new characters. With Twilight Princess for example, which had an painfully slow start, the redeeming feature of the game was how awesome the characters were. The problem was that you were going around catching fish for cats, sending hawks after monkeys and so on and it didn't really seem to have much of a point.

If anything I think the fact that you start every game as a boy with no skills and discover what's going on as you go is what makes a Zelda. Metroid has that "you finished the last game a hero, but you're now gimped because insert arbitrary reason here" thing going for it, Mario has the zero story thing, Zelda does the "legend journey" thing. It's what's kinda nice about the series... or at least that's what I think.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

34. Posted:

Oh and the "it can still have 1:1 sword controls and use the Game Pad like Pikmin 3 does"..... it's not really the same. I mean if "everything in the game is built around the controller and its unique abilities" then you're going to be holding the controller not a Wiimote. I don't think using the GamePad simply as a display really counts as using it's "unique abilities".

And they did the WiiMote sword thing, that was cool. They should do something different now.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightPoint

35. Posted:

I hope they keep the Wii Motion Plus controls. They worked perfectly most of the time for me (a quick re-calibration fixes everything and it isn't needed often.).
It's one of the reason I love the game so much.

TwilightPoint

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

36. Posted:

@TwilightPoint Didn't Aiji Aonuma say that they would be using the Skyward Sword controls for every Zelda game onwards now? Except for the portable versions of course. I might be wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere...

However, the GamePad controls for Zelda would be pretty good to use too... unless you're using the Wiimote and Nunchuk to control Link and you use the GamePad for item selection, map etc.

Edited on by Chris720

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

37. Posted:

It was said during the marketing period for Skyward Sword in a "this is the best way to play Zelda, all future Zelda games will use this" kind of way. Take it with a grain of salt. Now the Wii U is on the edge of being out they're saying that they're working on a new Zelda that takes "full advantage" of the Wii U GamePad. Go figure!

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Late

38. Posted:

From the article: "He added that the Wii U Zelda game is so big, it wouldn’t be possible without the 25 GB Blu-ray based storage that the console uses."

Ummm... I thought Wii U didn't use any kind of Blu-ray...
To me it looks like that the person who made up this whole story was confused by what Wikipedia says about Wii U and thought that it uses Blu-ray. Wikipedia says: "The game discs used by the console were said to be of a proprietary format, and to hold up to 25 GB of data, which is similar to the capacity of a single-layer Blu-ray Disc"

3DS FC: 3566-1647-7196
My Backloggery
My Pullblox puzzles
Be kind and feed my Pokémon :)

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1647-7196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

39. Posted:

Late wrote:

Ummm... I thought Wii U didn't use any kind of Blu-ray...
To me it looks like that the person who made up this whole story was confused by what Wikipedia says about Wii U and thought that it uses Blu-ray. Wikipedia says: "The game discs used by the console were said to be of a proprietary format, and to hold up to 25 GB of data, which is similar to the capacity of a single-layer Blu-ray Disc"

"25 GB Blu-ray based storage "

It's only based on BluRay, as it says right in your quote it refers to it as a "proprietary format". They won't use the actual branding because Nintendo don't like to pay royalties. So he's right, it isn't BluRay - but the formats are very alike.

"Secondly, it has an optical disc drive. Kotaku confirmed with Nintendo that the storage media will be capable of holding 25GB, which definitely points to a single layer Blu-ray Disc. Nintendo, however, likely won't be touting any licensed movie playback, so don't even expect the company to ever refer to the media as Blu-ray Disc."

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chuie

40. Posted:

no..... i dont think 2014 i think late 2013

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

Sorry, this topic has been locked.