Forums

Topic: Zelda Wii U 2014

Posts 41 to 60 of 67

HaNks

miyamoto was on record quite recently at e3 i think, saying a new zelda was in very early planning stages, literally brainstorming. so either these rumours are way off base or he was playing it down a lot. this article makes it sounds like a title is deeply into development already. personally i doubt it.

HaNks

Blaze

Doesn't everyone already know WiiUDaily's supposed "sources" are non-existent? All this is is guess work. Then again, 2014 sounds about right to me.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

DudeSean

HaNks wrote:

miyamoto was on record quite recently at e3 i think, saying a new zelda was in very early planning stages, literally brainstorming. so either these rumours are way off base or he was playing it down a lot. this article makes it sounds like a title is deeply into development already. personally i doubt it.

I call bs. I guarantee you they have been working on a new Zelda game since the last one got finished, just like they always do.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

e-love

This was an interesting read. Why continue the Skyward Sword art style though? Unless its some spiritual sequel to it perhaps? Continuing the story right where Skyward Sword was left off would be cool. However, if it has nothing to do with it, then I don't see why they're deciding to keep the same visual style. Usually all the Zelda games have very distinct looks from one another.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TheKingOfTown

I hope they get rid of the Motion Controls, honestly.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

DudeSean

I love the motion controls. It's exactly what I was hoping for as soon as I found out about the Wii controller. I was disappointed to find out I couldn't put a spin on the bombs as I rolled them, though, like in Wii Sports bowling...

DudeSean

LzWinky

Nintendo would never release a Zelda game on the Wii U. My "sources" said so >:3

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

19Robb92 wrote:

Late wrote:

Ummm... I thought Wii U didn't use any kind of Blu-ray...
To me it looks like that the person who made up this whole story was confused by what Wikipedia says about Wii U and thought that it uses Blu-ray. Wikipedia says: "The game discs used by the console were said to be of a proprietary format, and to hold up to 25 GB of data, which is similar to the capacity of a single-layer Blu-ray Disc"

"25 GB Blu-ray based storage "

It's only based on BluRay, as it says right in your quote it refers to it as a "proprietary format". They won't use the actual branding because Nintendo don't like to pay royalties. So he's right, it isn't BluRay - but the formats are very alike.

Well the Wii used a "proprietary format" based on DVD and the Gamecube used a "proprietary format" based on DVD. In reality the disks were pretty much identical and the drives in the systems themselves were standard drives with custom firmware. They don't care who owns the format, they just want to make money. Infact there's a fairly good chance that Nintendo will buy some of their components from Sony.... because Sony is a component manufacturer.

So it's a Blu-Ray disk with a Nintendo sticker plastered over the front. Big deal.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DudeSean

I seriously doubt Nintendo will buy anything from sony. Why on earth would Nintendo give sony, their competition, money? That's the reason why Nintendo consoles don't play DVDs in the first place, I'm sure. Especially when they have other options besides sony.

DudeSean

LzWinky

In this case, Sony wouldn't be "competition". They are a large company anyway that sells many other electronics aside from video games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

romulux

"I don’t think we could go back to button control, especially after creating something that’s as natural to use as the interface that we have with the Wii Remote Plus in Skyward Sword. I think Nintendo will continue to have that focus on motion control and we’ll see that continue to evolve... We’re looking at how we can combine that new controller with something like motion control, and perhaps use the new controller in such a way that it becomes a new item that you’re able to use to make the game feel fresh and new." -Eiji Aonuma

http://wiiugo.com/aonuma-talks-zelda-wii-u-and-motion-control/

Miyamoto is a little more iffy:
"With the last game, Skyward Sword, that was a game where you had motion control to use your weapons and a lot of different items, And I thought that was a lot of fun, but there were some people who weren’t able to do that or didn’t like it as much and stopped playing partway through it. So we’re in the phase where we’re looking back at what’s worked very well and what has been missing and how can we evolve it further."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-miyamoto-talks...

that's from e3 of this year, so his comments make it sound as if they're far from having designed the entire game around the wii u pad or even settled on what controller they want to use.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Bankai

DudeSean wrote:

I seriously doubt Nintendo will buy anything from sony. Why on earth would Nintendo give sony, their competition, money? That's the reason why Nintendo consoles don't play DVDs in the first place, I'm sure. Especially when they have other options besides sony.

Nintendo doesn't compete with Sony in components. Nintendo doesn't really care if Sony makes $1000000 billion from its components business.

The only area Nintendo competes with Sony is in video games.

DudeSean

@romulux Thank you for providing those quotes.

OlympicCho wrote:

Nintendo doesn't compete with Sony in components. Nintendo doesn't really care if Sony makes $1000000 billion from its components business.

1. You don't speak for Nintendo.
2. Sony is Nintendo's competition, flat out. Any money they would give them would help support playstation, their competition. That's like having Toyota buying parts from GM.

DudeSean

Bankai

DudeSean wrote:

@romulux Thank you for providing those quotes.

OlympicCho wrote:

1. You don't speak for Nintendo.
2. Sony is Nintendo's competition, flat out. Any money they would give them would help support playstation, their competition. That's like having Toyota buying parts from GM.

1) You don't know how businesses work
2) Businesses often partner with other businesses in some areas that they're not competitors, but are competitors in other areas. Apple/ Adobe. Microsoft/ Sony. Google/ Apple. Facebook/ Apple.

And the big one - Samsung/ Apple.

DudeSean

You still don't speak for Nintendo, no matter what you think.
Prove to me that Nintendo has given Sony money and I will concede.

DudeSean

Bankai

DudeSean wrote:

You still don't speak for Nintendo, no matter what you think.
Prove to me that Nintendo has given Sony money and I will concede.

No, but I know more about how businesses work than you do.

I never said that Nintendo was in a business relationship with Sony. I said that Nintendo would, if Sony had components that Nintendo wanted to use, because they are not competing there.

Facts. Stop treating business like schoolyard politics.

DudeSean

You're funny. All I said was I doubt Nintendo would buy anything from sony, and you have no evidence that they are, so why are you arguing? Because you haven't accomplished anything else here.

I wasn't even saying anything in response to you. I was saying it in response to skywake.

Edited on by theblackdragon

DudeSean

Bankai

You asked a question: "Why on earth would Nintendo give sony, their competition, money?"

I answered.

You don't like my answer? Fine. Prove me wrong. Good luck proving that one technology company would never partner with another, because the facts don't support your unsubstantiated opinion.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.