Forums

Topic: RESOLUTIONGATE (Child of Light): 1080p on PS4/XB1, 720p on Wii U!!!!

Posts 21 to 40 of 100

Discostew

Who expects a Wii U version of a game to have everything a PS4-targeted game would have? I certainly do not, which makes me happy that Wii U is getting it at all, even if it is at 720p. It's even coming out at the same time.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

shingi_70

@BinaryFragger

Most people know a PC can do better than a PS4 but tend not to care since most group consoles and PC's as seperate things.

Its still about the games. Next week is Child of Light and Spider-man time.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Peach64

The reason this is such a hot topic is because people are discussing the same game, on different consoles. People are not saying COD is better than Battlefield because it has more pixels, they're saying on version of COD is better than another console's version of COD. It's not about saying graphics are more important than everything else, but generally, everything else is the same. If the PS4 is identical to the Wii U version in all ways but then also has a higher res, then surely it makes sense to go for that?

I don't subscribe to the graphics are all that matters argument, but if you can have something look better with no sacrifices, then it's a no brainer. And 1080p is quite a step up from 720p. Especially if you're a PAL gamer, as the jump from 720 to 1080 is practically twice the increase that SD to 720 was.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

larry_koopa

Who cares??

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Tobiaku

The Wii U deservs to be just as good as the rest since its the best console

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

MAN1AC

This is pretty much standard for most Wii U games, right? What's the big deal?

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

ZyroXZ2

Just to clarify about CoD, the XBox360 version, indeed, runs at a lower overall resolution than the Wii U version, as an earlier poster correctly stated:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty...

1024x600 on XBox360, 880x720 on Wii U.

As for the OP stuff, it's really sad that they're just tossing ports, graphically speaking, onto the Wii U using the PPC architecture of the last gen systems. It's cheaper, I get the reasons, but it's really sad knowing that the Wii U can, and probably does, have the ability to run Child of Light at 1080p@60 like its current gen brethren.

I find this to probably be a slightly more underhanded marketing move to create an "outline" of differences between last gen and current gen systems so that people will be more tempted to buy the current gen versions.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

MarceloKamui

really.. who cares? I'm still getting the game for my wiiU cause Ik it's gonna be awesome playing it on the gamepad.

Edited on by MarceloKamui

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

Dreamz

Methinks this is less to do with the overall power of the U and more the fact that it has to process the second 480p display for the gamepad.

Think of it this way, 720p (main screen) + 480p (gamepad) = 1200p! Eat that Sony and MS!

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

8BitSamurai

Does this really matter? For that matter, does it really ever matter? The difference between the two is superficial at best.

BinaryFragger wrote:

The console wars in the 90s were actually fun. Sonic VS Mario. CDs VS cartridges. Phantasy Star VS Final Fantasy. These days, it's all about which games have the most pixels.

The difference is in the 90's the systems were actually different. Multiplatform games were the rarity, and exclusives were common. The TG16, Genesis, and SNES, and then the PS1, N64, and the Saturn were all different game systems that looked, played, and sounded differently. The PS4 and Xbox One are so identical the console wars have been reduced to counting pixels.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Emblem

Disappointed the Wii U got a cheap port considering how low budget this game is. I also don't understand why xbox360 and ps3 got 720p ports either, this game is not that demanding at all according to the pc requirements. Meh, waiting on reviews for this one anyway, still think it looks like it could be too easy and boring, i hope i'm wrong though as the visuals are nice.

Emblem

MAN1AC

Peach64 wrote:

The reason this is such a hot topic is because people are discussing the same game, on different consoles.

This is a $15 digital game.

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Hy8ogen

SCAR392 wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned. It's kind of like how CoD Ghosts was sub-HD on Wii U. They just ported from Xbox 360, and left it at that.

On one hand, the Wii remote and GamePad would be nice, but the higher resolution would be nice, too...

False, I don't know the actual numbers but COD Ghost is way superior on the Wii U compared to the 7th gen machines. (Apart from not having any DLC)

Replying to this topic, could not give 2 Fs. I have a 1080p 32" TV and I sit at least 5 feet away, and I can never see the difference between 720p and 1080p. Although it does suck that Ubi is treating the Wii U differently, but hey at least we are still able to enjoy the game! Unless you have a 42" or bigger I would say don't sweat it.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Spoony_Tech

Yeah 720 or 1080 is not that big a difference anyway you look at it. Lets just be grateful it's coming out on time. I'd hate for them to say it was delayed because they wanted to include 1080p. Not worth it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DefHalan

Dreamz wrote:

Think of it this way, 720p (main screen) + 480p (gamepad) = 1200p! Eat that Sony and MS!

I like that way of thinking lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

I like that way of thinking lol

Fanboy logic you gotta love it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

Hy8ogen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned. It's kind of like how CoD Ghosts was sub-HD on Wii U. They just ported from Xbox 360, and left it at that.

On one hand, the Wii remote and GamePad would be nice, but the higher resolution would be nice, too...

False, I don't know the actual numbers but COD Ghost is way superior on the Wii U compared to the 7th gen machines. (Apart from not having any DLC).

Wii U has a bit more clarity, but it's still almost entirely based on 7th gen versions. Read what @ZyroX72 posted. Wii U has slight advantages, but it's still the 7th gen version. The reason why, is PowerPC. Why build a game around Wii U's specs, when you can just port the Xbox 360 version? It's not that big of a deal, IMO, but people are still continuing to base their opinions on what is essentially 3rd party companies, saving money, by just throwing the Xbox 360 version on there.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Samurai_Goroh

It's always a bit disappointing when a developer does not use the full potential of the console hardware. Yes, the Wii U runs Rayman Legends at 1080p, this game use the very same UbiArt framework, so it is safe to assume it could do 1080p here as well. But I kid you not, I'm not going to spend much time thinking about these petty things. 720p vs. 1080p is barely noticeable for me.

Samurai_Goroh

SCRAPPER392

Wii U will upscale it, anyway. Even if it's not 1080p, upscaled 720p is still better than just 720p.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.