Forums

Topic: RESOLUTIONGATE (Child of Light): 1080p on PS4/XB1, 720p on Wii U!!!!

Posts 41 to 60 of 100

Hy8ogen

SCAR392 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned. It's kind of like how CoD Ghosts was sub-HD on Wii U. They just ported from Xbox 360, and left it at that.

On one hand, the Wii remote and GamePad would be nice, but the higher resolution would be nice, too...

False, I don't know the actual numbers but COD Ghost is way superior on the Wii U compared to the 7th gen machines. (Apart from not having any DLC).

Wii U has a bit more clarity, but it's still almost entirely based on 7th gen versions. Read what @ZyroX72 posted. Wii U has slight advantages, but it's still the 7th gen version. The reason why, is PowerPC. Why build a game around Wii U's specs, when you can just port the Xbox 360 version? It's not that big of a deal, IMO, but people are still continuing to base their opinions on what is essentially 3rd party companies, saving money, by just throwing the Xbox 360 version on there.

I do agree that it is based on the 7th gen, there is hardly any argument about that. But to put them on the same boat is stretching it. I play the game on PS3 and Wii U, the PS3 version is just.....ghastly. Thank god I did not own the copy.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Dreamz wrote:

Think of it this way, 720p (main screen) + 480p (gamepad) = 1200p! Eat that Sony and MS!

I like that way of thinking lol

Fanboy logic you gotta love it.

I see it as making fun of all the numbers people like to throw out for which console is better

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

@Hy8ogen
I'm more so talking about how developers are treating Wii U. I've seen Black Ops II on Xbox 360 and PS3, and I definitely think Wii U has the upper hand, with the GamePad, Wii remote, 5.1 PCM, and visual clarity, but those are still assets from Xbox 360.

I didn't even say anything bad about Wii U, in my original post I was just saying that Wii U is getting thrown in with Xbox 360 and PS3, which it is.
They save money by doing direct ports, and make more money from those ports, too.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MarceloKamui

Sometimes I think Im the only one that doesnt care about 720p 1080p stuff..

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

SCRAPPER392

MarceloKamui wrote:

Sometimes I think Im the only one that doesnt care about 720p 1080p stuff..

Well, eventually there is no way to care. People can and probably only will have a Wii U, and they'll buy the game on that.

People still bought the PS2 versions of games, even though GCN and Xbox were there. I will always base my opinion of graphics on how PS2 went, for the rest of eternity.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

rjejr

As an admitted graphics nerd I have to say 720p vs 1080p is not noticeable to me, and I game on a 52" 1080p tv. SD can be a big problem though as most Wii games will attest to, though SSBB and SMG 1 + 2 are tolerable. But I doubt it will matter for most w/ this game and it's simplistic water colored 2D background.

As many others have said, Wii U is getting a 3rd party game same day as every other console, thats a major victory right there. 720p vs 1080p isn't really worth throwing Ubi under the bus over while we wait months for W_D. And besides, if Nintendo wanted it's console to get games running on par w/ PS4/X1 then it should have built it's console w/ similar specs, it's not all on Ubi. Nintnedo built the console they wanted to build having some idea what Sony and Microsft would have, they had to know how 3rd party support would work. Nobody should be surprised this is how 3rd party support works.

Edited on by LzWinky

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

DefHalan

rjejr wrote:

As an admitted graphics nerd I have to say 720p vs 1080p is not noticeable to me, and I game on a 52" 1080p tv. SD can be a big problem though as most Wii games will attest to, though SSBB and SMG 1 + 2 are tolerable. But I doubt it will matter for most w/ this game and it's simplistic water colored 2D background.

As many others have said, Wii U is getting a 3rd party game same day as every other console, thats a major victory right there. 720p vs 1080p isn't really worth throwing Ubi under the bus over while we wait months for W_D. And besides, if Nintendo wanted it's console to get games running on par w/ PS4/X1 then it should have built it's console w/ similar specs, it's not all on Ubi. Nintnedo built the console they wanted to build having some idea what Sony and Microsft would have, they had to know how 3rd party support would work. Nobody should be surprised this is how 3rd party support works.

I dislike it when a game is coming to 360/PS3/One/PS4/PC but not Wii U, makes no sense to me

Edited on by LzWinky

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

mipaol

lmao, I love these resolution arguments (remind me of back when we would argue over Mode 7 vs Blast Processing), I grew up playing the NES and the Atari 2600, chuckleheads today with their "oh my gosh it's only 720 pixels instead of 1,080 pixels I'm getting ripped off the other version is better because it has the more pixels" jive need to check their privilege and be grateful it's not a game with a bunch of blocky stick figures, because that's basically what passed for a video game for years, and we enjoyed them too.

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Dreamz

I recently purchased a new 51" plasma TV. As I was comparing features and picture quality, it had the best combination of things I wanted with the exception that it was only 720p instead of 1080p. However, it was next to a 1080p - while I could see the difference if I stared and squinted, it was a completely negligible difference.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Contrite

As long as it's still 60fps I don't really care overly much.

Honestly, from where I'm sitting when I'm watching my TV, the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't much more noticeable than 1080p and 1080p with 2x msaa. It's there, sure. But 30 fps is waaaaaay more annoying. That is, if the game I'm playing is one where the TV's motion interpolation works badly.

Contrite

skywake

If it's doing 60fps I don't really care that much because I'm probably going to be playing a fair bit on the GamePad anyways.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NinChocolate

Would have thought it'd be 1080p after Rayman Legends from Ubi. I love pixel for pixel crisp images (I sit quite close to everything lol)

NinChocolate

CaviarMeths

BinaryFragger wrote:

And we will certainly be having these conversations in 2 years. People are still arguing about Xbox 360 vs PS3.

I don't think I've seen anyone compare the power of a PS3 vs a 360 since like 2006. Of course people still argue about PS3 vs 360, but they're all arguing about exclusives, online infrastructure, and controllers.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hy8ogen

CaviarMeths wrote:

BinaryFragger wrote:

And we will certainly be having these conversations in 2 years. People are still arguing about Xbox 360 vs PS3.

I don't think I've seen anyone compare the power of a PS3 vs a 360 since like 2006. Of course people still argue about PS3 vs 360, but they're all arguing about exclusives, online infrastructure, and controllers.

I'm pretty sure people are still arguing about their power....their focus just shifted from 7th to 8th gen....LOL

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

mipaol

Hy8ogen wrote:

I'm pretty sure people are still arguing about their power....their focus just shifted from 7th to 8th gen....LOL

The more things change the more they stay the same as the saying goes.

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Tobiaku

I dont even have a HD TV but, hey it still stinks that Wii U got lower resolution, its kind of unfair I guess. Personaly I dont realy need HD but still, the Wii U version will provaly be the best annyway.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

SCRAPPER392

It really depends on what the game looks like, too, IMO. Even though Wind Waker HD is full 1080p, I can still see the pixels, and I sit 8 feet away, but this is only with my glasses. Without my glasses, everything looks like SD

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

WebHead

720p is perfectly adequate. And as others have said, just be grateful the system is getting the game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Meaty-cheeky

Disappointing, but like what WebHead said at least Wii U is getting the game. I'm no game developer but it doesn't make much sense to me that this game won't run at 1080p for Wii U sense the game is running on the UBI-Art engine which is 2D based.

Meaty-cheeky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.