Forums

Topic: RESOLUTIONGATE (Child of Light): 1080p on PS4/XB1, 720p on Wii U!!!!

Posts 1 to 20 of 100

Ryno

We should just be thankful we are getting it at the same time. NOW EAT YOUR PEAS!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

I wouldn't be concerned. It's kind of like how CoD Ghosts was sub-HD on Wii U. They just ported from Xbox 360, and left it at that.

On one hand, the Wii remote and GamePad would be nice, but the higher resolution would be nice, too...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

Just be happy the game is even coming to Wii U.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

cookiex

Tbh since my TV can't even do 1080p this bothers me more than it should, which is to say by a minuscule amount.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

oh no the horror.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CheapCheepBeach

SCAR392 wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned. It's kind of like how CoD Ghosts was sub-HD on Wii U. They just ported from Xbox 360, and left it at that.

On one hand, the Wii remote and GamePad would be nice, but the higher resolution would be nice, too...

The 360 was 1024*600 and the Wii U is 880*720 with 2x MSAA I think?

CheapCheepBeach

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

cookiex

memoryman3 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

The 360 was 1024*600 and the Wii U is 880*720 with 2x MSAA I think?

360 and Wii U are both 880x720.
http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-360-...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

SCRAPPER392

It's because Wii U is categorized as a PowerPC console, so they just port from the other PowerPC consoles(Xbox 360 and PS3).

I agree with @jazzer94 , though. Everyone should just be happy that Wii U is getting it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

RancidVomit86

Does the difference bother people that much? I honestly never see this as a big deal.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Kaze_Memaryu

From a commercial standpoint, this is just sad. Developers really seem to be too lazy by now to squeeze the best out of all consoles.

From a technical standpoint, this was to be expected. Primary development is/was on PS4, which has lots of similarities to the structure of PC's (ugh...) and the XBone, whereas the WiiU is kind of an oddball. If they were to optimize the WiiU version towards the best possible resolution, the game would probably get delayed for another 2-3 months.

As it stands, I'm just glad about 60fps, resolution is kinda overrated, anyway. It's the design that matters, and NES/SNES games have shown that beautiful graphics don't depend on resolution.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

SubBronze

Just be happy the Wii U is getting a multiplatform release for once. Anyone who still thinks that the Wii U has the graphical power to perform at the same level as the Xbone and PS4 is delusional.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Jazzer94

Bulbousaur wrote:

Just be happy the Wii U is getting a multiplatform release for once. Anyone who still thinks that the Wii U has the graphical power to perform at the same level as the Xbone and PS4 is delusional.

This game could run at 1080p 60fps on Wii U if Ubi wanted it to but as I said in my first post its just nice that they are bringing it to the console in the first place.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Azooooz

Man, since when do we care about graphics on a Nintendo console?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

kkslider5552000

this is a thing

that is my opinion. That it is a thing. Ok.

for the record, the previous resolutiongate was a stupid thing that people with no lives paid attention to.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Captain_Toad

Blah! Blargh! Sucks but not too much of an concern.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Ralizah

It's a pity that people actually waste mental energy worrying about this kind of stuff. Unless you're sitting very close to the TV you probably won't even notice the difference.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

faint

will make next to no diffrence. also we are getting some cool pad only features

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Mine01

i have a 720p so i dont care tbh.. tough ill play it on my pc, i guess.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

Azooooz

Seriously, why is everyone getting spirally out-of-control when they hear about the resolution or graphics? It's not a game's must thing to have. Many games have pretty graphics, yet they didn't do well in terms of gameplay. FYI, 720p and 1080p aren't noticeable, unless your TV is big, and you're sitting close to it.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.