Forums

Topic: Watch_Dogs for all systems

Posts 401 to 420 of 444

shingi_70

for those playing, upgrade the take down for the big armored dudes. When those guys start to come into play the game will get rather annoying with how many bullets they soak up.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Xbox One, I've had the game since release. I like the game but I feel that the developers didn't know if they wanted to make a stealth game or an action game. Also Aiden is pretty boring protag and his supporting cast are all way more interesting.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

Xbox One, I've had the game since release. I like the game but I feel that the developers didn't know if they wanted to make a stealth game or an action game. Also Aiden is pretty boring protag and his supporting cast are all way more interesting.

It looks kind of interesting. It's like Splintercell meets GTA, IMO. I'd rather just buy GTA V than this, TBH.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

It looks kind of interesting. It's like Splintercell meets GTA, IMO. I'd rather just buy GTA V than this, TBH.

That's the thing the stealth is really good, yet if you want you can just shoot your way through and than brute force your way through a car chase. For example I played through a story mission where I went in checked where everyone was and systematicallywent through with a silenced pistol and killed everyone. When the second rush of your done wth the mission now run guys had made it, I hit black out slipped onto a motorcycle I had parked in an alley and took the game orads to escape and it was satisfying. The open world can be fun too when your getting chased by cops or thugs and you sue the hacking to get away, the problem is that the game doesn't really gel the two that well.

WAT!

Punished_Boss_84

SCAR392 wrote:

Punished_Boss_84 wrote:

Its not a third party game if its published by the platform holder.

Don't mix up third party owner/ownership, third party team and Nintendo to = Third Party Game.

So, Capcom, Namco, Tecmo, Sega, and Platinum Games are all 2nd parties, right now. It's still 3rd party support by 2nd party means, though, yes? I mean Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even exist without 3rd parties existing. It is just being put to 2nd party use.

If Nintendo published their projects, they're second party only in that respect. So yes thats quite correct.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

jariw

DefHalan wrote:

Nintendo didn't only allow it to be on their system. Nintendo paid for the game to be made, not just paid for exclusive. This is much more than green-lighting the game. Since Nintendo paid for Bayonetta 2 to be developed, I am pretty sure they own the content (which is different than owning the IP) and that is why Sega can't just turn arpund and pay for a pirt to other systems without Nintendo's permission. Bayonetta 2 is in a weird place cause it doesn't fit in our ideas of how games are normally made. I can't think of another game that was made in a similar process. Nintendo did much more than just pay for exclusive-ness or green-light it. They paid Sega for use over the IP and published the game. It is closer to a license title only weird as the license was a video game instead of some other media

The Bayonetta 2 development was deeper than just paying for the product for publishing. Bayonetta 2 was co-developed with Nintendo SPD Production Group 2 (Hitoshi Yamagami was the producer on the Nintendo side). Monolith Soft co-develops Xenoblade Chronicles X with Nintendo SPD Production Group 2 in the same manner. (Same with Wonderful 101.)

Edited on by jariw

jariw

C-Olimar

@Moon Rayman Legends man! And what of Child of Light? Ubi still has some good stuff.

C-Olimar

Faruko

jariw wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Nintendo didn't only allow it to be on their system. Nintendo paid for the game to be made, not just paid for exclusive. This is much more than green-lighting the game. Since Nintendo paid for Bayonetta 2 to be developed, I am pretty sure they own the content (which is different than owning the IP) and that is why Sega can't just turn arpund and pay for a pirt to other systems without Nintendo's permission. Bayonetta 2 is in a weird place cause it doesn't fit in our ideas of how games are normally made. I can't think of another game that was made in a similar process. Nintendo did much more than just pay for exclusive-ness or green-light it. They paid Sega for use over the IP and published the game. It is closer to a license title only weird as the license was a video game instead of some other media

The Bayonetta 2 development was deeper than just paying for the product for publishing. Bayonetta 2 was co-developed with Nintendo SPD Production Group 2 (Hitoshi Yamagami was the producer on the Nintendo side). Monolith Soft co-develops Xenoblade Chronicles X with Nintendo SPD Production Group 2 in the same manner. (Same with Wonderful 101.)

Monolith is owned by Nintendo

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Spoony_Tech

You know what's funny is in some of those comparison video images the Wii U actually looks more clear to look at. With that said we all knew it would be a step down and for what it is I'll be happy to own it one day.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Sigh. Rented far cry 4 but due to the poor handling of the wiiu watch dogs ill be buying it used. im not giving ubisoft money for their business practices.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Yoshi_Prime

Graphics aren't that big of a deal. Won't be supporting Ubisoft for their awful business practices. Will be very wary of any third party games that come out on the Wii U, and that's their own fault, not Nintendo's.

I think that about covers it, though I wonder if anyone here has actually played it. I refuse to buy the game until I can be sure that Ubisoft gets no money for it.

Yoshi_Prime

Spoony_Tech

I say buy it used.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dumedum

SuperWiiU wrote:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-watc...

And that nails the coffin. I'm not getting this game on the Wii U.

Yeah, it does sound so disappointing, but I found that these digital foundry stuff make no sense to me. I never notice any differences and couldn't care less about that stuff. Sure I'd rather the game be 1080p and 60FPS, but that's just on a theoretical level. If the game is good, all that doesn't matter. I really don't care if the shadow/lighting/textures on a girl's face looks nicer or not in the opinion of digital foundry. That's just ridiculous.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

crimsoncavalier

dumedum wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Yeah, it does sound so disappointing, but I found that these digital foundry stuff make no sense to me. I never notice any differences and couldn't care less about that stuff. Sure I'd rather the game be 1080p and 60FPS, but that's just on a theoretical level. If the game is good, all that doesn't matter. I really don't care if the shadow/lighting/textures on a girl's face looks nicer or not in the opinion of digital foundry. That's just ridiculous.

That article was pretty stupid. Clearly, if they're mentioning "ports-done-right" like Bayonetta, and then how Watch Dogs performed worse than the PS3 version, it's obviously not the hardware, it's the developer. Because they didn't optimize it to the console doesn't mean anything.

It's all irrelevant though, however, it just shows how much less effort was put into the Wii U version than even the PS3 version.

But like you said, if the game is good, then it shouldn't matter (thought the FPS count is pretty poor, by any standard ((except Ubisoft's, apparently.)) ).

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

jariw

dumedum wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

But the 20 fps drops mentioned in the article is something that would keep me away from a game port. If MK8 drops to 59 fps instead of 60 fps during online play, it's just technical silliness. Even texture quality is just technical stuff. But a game that performs at 20-25 fps (during sections that aren't cut scenes) would affect the gameplay experience so much that I would choose another game or another platform for the game.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

dumedum

jariw wrote:

dumedum wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

But the 20 fps drops mentioned in the article is something that would keep me away from a game port. If MK8 drops to 59 fps instead of 60 fps during online play, it's just technical silliness. Even texture quality is just technical stuff. But a game that performs at 20-25 fps (during sections that aren't cut scenes) would affect the gameplay experience so much that I would choose another game or another platform for the game.

That's true, but for some games FPS is more important than others. These action/adventure games from the other consoles rarely have good FPS to begin with and I don't think it affects gameplay. I know I played ACIII on the Wii U , and everybody said its framerate sucked but it didn't matter to me.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Spoony_Tech

http://www.meristation.com/nintendo-wii-u/watch-dogs/analisis...

First review I've seen thus far. Pretty much lines up with what I thought.

MERG said:

Punished_Boss_84

Spoony_Tech wrote:

http://www.meristation.com/nintendo-wii-u/watch-dogs/analisis...

First review I've seen thus far. Pretty much lines up with what I thought.

You're fluent in Spanish?

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.